Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

It's the twelve "super states" representative districts as envisioned by the US Parliament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Carbon dioxide posted:

Wtf is that site even about?

Antti posted:

I tried to figure out but I think the answer is "mental illness."

Close enough. It seems to be some kind of Model UN, but for adults who want to change the current legislative system from a two-house system into a single-house parliamentary system. It came up in the Libertarian/jrodefeld thread because the current "Prime Minister" is in the Libertarian Party presidential primary.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Aliquid posted:

of all the revanchist state policies, Taiwan's is the most :allears:

To be fair, this is mostly wankery and fantasizing by the KMT (Nationalist Party). Everyone outside of that party tends to think that Taiwan should just be Taiwan.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Grand Fromage posted:

There's also that if Taiwan renounced its claims to the mainland, the PRC could interpret that as declaring independence. I don't think there's anyone in Taiwan who takes that claim map seriously.

I'm sure there's a few people in the KMT and a few other Nationalistic types that do.

Shbobdb posted:

China needs to rework its borders with Taiwan the same way they reworked their borders with Tibet and India.

I like living in Good China; I don't want to live in Real China.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

SoggyBobcat posted:

Didn't the KMT renounce their claims on Mongolia? I'm pretty sure I remember that being a thing somewhat recently.

I'm struggling to remember, but I believe there was one of those tiny island townships that the PRC gave up on that recently decided or threatened to quit the ROC and join the PRC. Can't think of the name though, but I think it's one of those poorer regions that gets little support from the ROC and only exists as a middle finger to the PRC.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Whiz Palace posted:

Chinese Google Maps show the South China Sea and Taiwan as PRC territory, but Hong Kong and Taipei are still marked as national capitals (circle + dot).

Hong Kong and Taiwan are considered to be "special economic zones" and enjoy a legal status which is above just being a mere province in the PRC's eyes. That and someone at Google being lazy.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

I'm loving how China is basically "Han's" with some Manchu up north. Because apparently the only kind of Chinese are Han.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Grand Fromage posted:

I'm talking like 20 year olds, not grandparents. Korea's a very conservative place so it just stuck I suppose. Excess also is a Korean thing, they out American America on all sorts of food. Such as:

A hot dog, dipped in pancake batter, with french fries stuck in it, deep fried, usually served with any or all of ketchup, a roll in sugar, or straight HFCS. :cryingeagle:

Our french-fry pancake corndogs are bigger in Taiwan :smuggo:

But they don't do the sugar or HFCS, just lightly brush ketchup on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Lord Wexia posted:

Anyone know what's going on with France here?

Parisians are quite venomous with their attitudes towards tourists and foreigners and anyone who speaks French without a Parisian accent.