Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Is anyone successfully using PseudoTV Live on the Amazon Fire? It keeps crashing for me after a few channel switches and giving a commoncache plugin failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

So I just had to retire my 1st Gen Fire TV Stick due to it just not keeping up with the latest updates, i'm seeing lots of alternating info (including the OP) about whether or not I can get Amazon Instant Video as an addon or even HBO Go.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Call Me Charlie posted:

The 1st gen Fire TV Stick should still be able to go. It recently got updated to the new OS/look and still works well enough.

If you're talking about Amazon Video and HBO Go as an add-on on desktop/PC, no. DRM'ed sources are a huge pain in the rear end on PC.

yeah my first gen Fire Stick is a laggy piece of poo poo ever since the latest update.

I should have mentioned i'm using an RPI 3 Model B now with OSMC.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

The easiest and least painful way to get Amazon Video and HBO Go is to buy another $35 Fire Stick.

Yeah, it looks like it, I may just go the other route and cancel HBO Go. :smugbert:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Uthor posted:

Weird thing is it doesn't get an SD tag, it gets nothing. A big blank. It doesn't really bother me other than it looking odd when scrolling through a list.

could you use something like SickRage to have it create the metadata/xml files?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Speaking of V18, I heard something about Netflix and Prime plug ins now being possible, any truth to that? I'm using an RPI right now

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

OSMC works really well on the RPI 3, try that out if you haven't

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

There are other advantages to running Plex or Emby as well such as having your watched data syncd across multiple devices.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Kodi is great standalone on a lot of hardware but I think Plex is a great companion to run and allow it to manage your media along side Kodi. If you want to watch stuff remotely though it's a no brainer.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

el_caballo posted:

(Roku Player has/had trouble with DTS sync).

This is the understatement of the century, the TCL sets are perfect it's Roku who is ruining it.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Ixian posted:

Roku fixed DTS syncing issues in 8.0.1.

8.0.1 isn't out for TCL at least not the 405 models, it's still broken

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Disney+ aside, what does the Shield do that the Fire TV doesn't?

handle MPEG 2 properly is one thing

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Fwiw the Vero 4K boxes have been around for a good amount of time as has OSMC

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

IUG posted:

What does it provide over a SQL and poster / fanart / nfo files solution?

jellyfin is for more Emby/Plex.

Remote access, easier library management on multiple platforms, those kinds of things.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

My internet went out and won't be back till Saturday, Plex requires internet even if you have a local server. Thank God for Kodi.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

This is why I don't gently caress with Kodi what is this shady looking poo poo :wtc:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

also here to say my Shield feels like it's at the end of it's life, it doesn't handle x265 4K very well so thinking of where to go from here.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I just remembered i have a couple RPI 5's kicking around...just no remote I should test it out and see how it goes.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

i've factory reset multiple times, it just likes to freeze and is generally really sluggish these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Le0 posted:

I have something really weird happening recently with kodi. Since daily show got Jon Stewart back, wife and I started watching again so I enabled it on Sonarr again. It downloaded the new episodes but the numbering is all hosed up, showing as 2014 episodes. I have no clue what is going on, someone else experienced something like this? I even deleted all files and re-downloaded but again it was hosed up. I assume something is wrong with Sonarr because the files are indeed wrongly named as far sa season is concerned.

Is sonarr set to daily series?