Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
I've been running Kodi on a Raspberry Pi Zero for like a year or two now (replacing a 2010 WDTV that was unreliable as heck), and it's getting a bit annoying as it tends to be sluggish (especially regarding file transfers) and crashes occasionally, requiring a reboot. Along with that it's already corrupted the MicroSD card I have in there once. Setup is basically the Pi with a USB hub containing a wireless adapter and a 1.5TB external harddisk for data storage. Software's on a 16GB MicroSD card, and it's hooked up to a 1080p TV that I have no upgrade plans for anytime soon.

I'm now looking at just replacing the hardware along with a clean reinstall because I'm getting tired of the maintenance. The Pi itself will be repurposed for something else, but I'm not sure if I should replace it with a Pi 3+ or a Pi 4. The thing stopping me from getting the Pi 4 is that I'll need some adapters/cables along with the board itself. As I'm in Bulgaria, other options are rather limited. I'll only be running Kodi itself on it, Netflix is handled by a different device. So the main question is, should I get a 4 rather than a 3+?

As far as cases go I've currently got the Pi Zero in a PAL SNES shell which somehow fits everything rather well and gives me access to the ports via the original Multi Out location in the shell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
Well, turns out the 16GB MicroSD card I was using managed to die on me so that'll be first to be replaced, got an older 8GB card in there now for the moment. I'll be upgrading to a 3+ sometime soon, reinstalling also took a lot less effort than I feared thanks to LibreELEC being pretty darn good.