Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch

jonathan posted:

For the cinema experience script I made a 14 minute demo awhile back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COUXAcICpuE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It could be added to the script info in the OP. Because pimping my own poo poo.

Cool and all, but how hard would it have been for you to put your camera on a desk, the floor, some books, a tripod, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
Here's a fun one:

I deleted all my movies.

I have recovered them (anything under 4GB), but I have lost all folder structure and metadata - I previously sorted everything out automatically with Couch Potato v2, but Since it hasn't picked up all the movies are gone it's not auto renaming everything if I put it in the download folder.
Whats the best way to get them back into The correct folder, with the correct Meta Data and Correct SubFolders that doesn't involve me being prompted for every single movie (Such as typing them all back into Couch Potato v2 after a database clear.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
Found it: Thanks

GateheaD fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 6, 2013

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch

Elysium posted:

Right, so before I saw this I manage to change a few settings, and now I get audio for the menu noises, but not during the movie?

You're going to want to search the Openelec forums for your video card and find out what you need to edit to get HDMI Audio working.
For my G210 I had to edit a text file to manually tell it the hardware address for my video card for Audio operations.

It was quite simple, but I've used linux before so I wasn't intimidated.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Well if it's possible to run a WebDAV server from OpenElec (seems unlikely or at least too difficult for me to figure out without a step-by-step guide), that would be the best solution.

As for speed, I have no idea. I'm just hoping it's fast enough to stream -V0 mp3 and that I'll able to download/buffer video.

is Openelec your file server? Otherwise you would run WebDAV on your file server.
Millions of guides of WebDAV on linux out there

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
Doesn't Watchdog not work with SMB?

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch

Fillerbunny posted:

What are people's impressions of Trakt? I'm interested in it, but in order to push my watched status of my current library I'd be looking at writing a script to push it all out to the trakt API, and I don't know if I think it's worth the effort.

Why would that be the case, mine picked up all my XBMC watched status just fine I believe.
It also imports from Trakt too if you do a new install.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
Whats the best Ethernet based Unit for XBMC <$100 at the moment, Ouya?

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
I'm using x86 on old hardware at the moment.
I might wait until something like a Intel NUC comes out that also does decent 3D rendering and make a Steam box. Or if they release an official Steam Box...

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
I ordered a ODROID-U2 for XBMC now, lets hope it works as well as it looks.
I'm also finding libstagefright version not working on my Nexus 10, instead I have to find NEON versions from ages ago...

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
Also runs ubuntu, but android version seems fine thus far.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch

Le0 posted:

Well I kinda knew that no one likes the OUYA but I figured that just using it for XBMC could be done with better performances than the RPi.

Is there any guidelines on what kind of hardware to get to build my own HTPC? I think I will do that. I'd like to be able to maybe play some Steam Big Picture games as well as emulators, I guess that means I need quite a beefy HTPC. Is that worth it or should I really stick with my desktop computer for gaming and the HTPC for media?

I just bought an ODROID-u2, can let you know how it is in a week.
Think a powerful ouya without all the wank.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
Shouldn't openelec on USB just set up a ramdisk if you're using a SQL Server backend

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
My ODroid-U2 arrived, using XBMC Android on it with my network file server/ SQLBackend. Pretty good.

3watts of power being used, 720p is playing fine.

Need to workout a way to force it to cache thumbs and fanart locally, it seems to struggle with the first time displaying them, dont really want to flip through every movie to create the cache.

Using the Xperience1080p skin too, seems great.

Will try and convince a linux friends to compile openelec for it though, I have a feeling without all the 'android bloat' I wont have a single problem with it.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch

Sendo posted:

If you have another device with xbmc that already has the cache you can just copy the thumbnail and database folders to it.

Or use http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158373 to cache everything on a PC (need to install python) and then copy it.

Thanks,
Usually i have Thumbnails on a SMB share but its just too slow to load on XBMC Android. Everything else has a special substitution, but I copy cache locally now.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
libstagefright is in all versions of gotham android since August, but they all crash for me in the middle of videos randomly.
I'll need a monthly soon,
Annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
I was using the XEM scraper and it stopped working on me, changed back to TVDB and everything is fine again.