Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I'm sure Blacklist will be fun on its own, but the fact that in the previews they more or less said that they made all the shooty and killing features before the non-lethal ones says a bit about the direction they want the series to go. There was also one of the people involved in the game in the GiantBomb forums last year talking about how they want it to be a blockbuster that appeals to a large audience, so I'm expecting Conviction but with the ability to not kill people shoe-horned in.
At the very least I hope they avoid making Sam a bloodthirsty red-blooded-American-kill-all-foreigners douchebag like the previews are making him look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The thing I remember the most about Conviction's storyline was the retcon with Grimm being some ultra serious spy placed in Third Echelon by whoever and her personality in the past four games being a facade. Also, tit physics.
That's ignoring all the terrible plotholes Conviction had.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Conviction was more or less a soft reboot. There was that NSA guy they introduced as a future antagonist in DA and the PSP spin-off but never did anything with.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I just finished the first mission and the gameplay is pretty good, but drat if Fisher isn't one awfully bland character now. Looking like a mix between Isaac Clarke and Commander Shepard isn't helping either.
I'd be enjoying the story significantly more if Ironside were doing the VA again. The new actor is missing Sam's cynicism and dark humor.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

After 3 months I finally got around to finishing this. I loved the gameplay despite night vision being utterly useless and the unneeded upgrade system; why yes, I'd like suits to trivialize stealth and fifty million weapons most of which I'll never use and have dozens of useless attachments.
The storyline and all characters (except maybe Kobin and Briggs) were awful though, Conviction started this by retconning Grim's personality into the ~~serious business~~ type, and now this game did the same with Fisher, who is a tremendous unlikeable douchebag with no humor whatsoever and looks 30 years younger to boot (I suppose someone was a big fan of Renegade Shepard from Mass Effect). The storyline itself was utterly brain-dead and offensive garbage, but this was already discussed pages ago so there's no point in repeating it.
I'm also glad that video games have finally run out of design ideas for white guys after thirty years of constantly using them, either that or someone really liked Kenji Eno's concept of the digital actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The Xbox/PS2 versions of DA are only good if you irrationally liked CT and want more of the same except with lovely level design (sweet, barren gray hallways) and a barely stable framerate.

• Locked thread