Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Just borrowed a Sinar from school. It's not the camera that kills your back, it's the freaking heavy tripods. :suicide:

Saw this image at a museum a while back:

(By Karin Borghouts)

I was wondering what camera movements she did for this. Note the stretched out people on the ground. I'm pretty sure she didn't just shift up or down, unless she used a ridiculously wide lens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

atomicthumbs posted:

You chose the wrong (i.e. plastic) Mamiya.

IMG_0010 by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

IMG_0012 by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

I think I like you.

So what kind of scan resolutions are feasible? Whenever I scan at school on our V700, I usually just stick to roughly a 10x enlargement, ie a medium format picture will get scanned at 60cm the long side. But how far can you push it?

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

I just have to throw this series in as well. Though to be honest, Simon Roberts shot this with a digital MF camera, but only because he didn't get the permission to use his LF camera.

http://simoncroberts.com/work/xxx-olympiad/#PHOTO_0

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

dukeku posted:

I was accused of being a pedophile for taking this:

Sexy young Christmas trees. People are touchy at night.

I sometimes wonder how Todd Hido handles people when he's taking his pictures. Does he bring one of his books and show people his previous work or something?

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

MrBlandAverage posted:

I used the Scheimpflug principle to increase the apparent depth of field in these photographs.

Three Months After Christmas by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Three Months After Christmas by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Can you please explain the movements of your lens and what you hoped to achieve with it? I still don't understand how to apply Scheimpflug in practice.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

My ill mother

Shot with QPZIL's Speed Graphic on 4x5" Provia 100f. Not really the best use of LF but I love this none the less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Someone please post their picture of their Chamonix loaded in a shoulder bag with like 10 film holders. That really got me mouthwatering, especially after borrowing a heavy rear end Sinar for fieldwork. :suicide:

• Locked thread