Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
Really digging this game. Made it through Elf 4 in the campaign and want to try getting into the random map games now. Dead set on making a Dwarf Sorcerer.

I've noticed there's a lot of talk about the races and classes and their respective advantages/disadvantages, but I haven't seen a lot of talk on spell affinities for creating your own hero. Is it worth it to double up on any particular schools to get their Masteries, or do people prefer to get 3 Adept schools instead? What are the advantages for choosing one affinity over the other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
It's awesome that there are so many variables you can tweak when starting a new random map game, but is there any way to set a new default for the options? I've restarted more than a few games when I realized I forgot to turn on/off Underground or set it to Classic turns.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
I stopped agonizing over the spheres I picked for my custom leaders when I realized the only spells I cared about were the basic nuke spells (for classes that don't have one already) and the Domain spells so I can turn a race's hated territory into favored. This means I have a lot of FIre and Air custom leaders so expanding into volcanic and arctic terrain is less problematic. Expanding the sphere spell lists would be a pretty cool thing to see for future patches/DLC so those choices felt more important.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

quote:

Draconian Shaman now costs 40 mana (was 30), and has Fire Bolts

Is this in addition to or instead of their standard Poison Bolts?

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Gerblyn posted:

In addition. I don't think we took any abilities from anything this patch.

I'm digging that then, I was kind of underwhelmed by Draconians when I've tried them, but those changes to the Evangelist/Shaman/Apprentice make me want to try a Draconian Theocrat/Druid/Mage now. Good job.

May I ask if this patch does anything to make the strategic AI more aggressive or willing to take risks? You'd mentioned it as a known issue before.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

So the Steam In-Home Streaming is basically perfect for this game.

I forgot this was a thing... I have a Macbook, could I stream from my Desktop and play on my Macbook even though there's no Mac version?

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
While I don't personally have an issue with the AI disjuncting whatever it wants, one thing I have had a problem with is telling exactly what was disjuncted when city buffs are concerned. For example, if I'm running Mana Fuel Cells on multiple cities, and one of them gets disjuncted, the warning message doesn't state which city was effected, and I have to dig through my cities and try to figure out which one is missing the spell.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
Are there still plans for a mac port of the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
I haven't played AoW since before any expansions came out. What are some fun classes to play as for the new races (Halflings, Frostlings, Tigran)?

• Locked thread