Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I played SM for an untold number of hours with my buddies. It got so crazy with some of the mega mods like Dwiggs. It was so satisfying to rampage through the map with a giant Balrog who could take out entire stacks almost single-handedly.

Haha back in the day Dwiggs was an internet buddy of mine and he used to send me early versions of his mod for testing and feedback. God I loved what he did to the Goblins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

Shadowmorn posted:

So, in a strange twist, ive just had two of my friends (who are respectible in their opinions) say to me that Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is "Not Awful" and i should try it. One of them says the only flaw he thinks so far is its micro heavy.

As i cant seem to find a thread for it on SA, ill hijack my own thread :psyduck: and ask here; anyone got anything to say about that?

After how awful Elemental was i was entirely soured off anything by that company, even the free copy of Fallen Enchantress.

I quite like the game, its nice to be able to design your own factions and units. If you crank the settings up to make monsters a real threat it also gets interesting. Shame it uses squares though, and the tactical combat just lacks something.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

Taerkar posted:

It is good that all of the old sound effects are in there.

Hah yeah, wave of nostalgia just washed over me. Game looks great!

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
So I'm guessing that if you play an Elf Dreadnought you'll get Elf musketeers?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Its a pre-purchase for me whatever the release date

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
The Frostlings also discovered beaches and surfing in their conquests which led to their untimely demise.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Where are you guys seeing the pictures of the new Draconians? I'm just glad the lovely tiger guys are gone.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I had fun with fallen enchantress :shobon:

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Its quite easy to look at something with orcs and elves and think that it doesn't take enough chances. I'm just hoping that there is enough variation built into the faction system to keep my interested. Archdruid Queen of the Orcs? Yes please.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Necromancer as a class sounds great, once your live troops die they can raise up as zombies or something.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

Triskelli posted:

(Really hard to justify an Undead Archdruid)

It really isn't. Archdruids respect death as a natural part of life, so maybe our undead Archdruid just prefers the decay side more? That said though, I'd still prefer a Necromancer class over an Undead race. All the races are equal in death after all?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
At first glance, but some of those races were pretty shite though.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Really diggin' that archdruid. Be pretty cool if all your cavalry was mounted on boars or something.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
No, the point of random maps is to create you're own story, instead of jumping into someone else's. I'm with the guy who only plays random maps, the campaign may be excellent, but it never really interested me

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Which dev donated their face for the Mark the Heretic spell?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

Gerblyn posted:

Battles end after 30 rounds, or after 5 rounds where no damage was dealt.

It would be amazing if you had the sun setting towards the end of the 30 turns.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Sneak peak at naval combat in that warlord video, any more information on that?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Gog or Steam!? Someone make this decision for me!

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Steam'd it!

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Goblin Warlord. Or Sorcerer.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Game is beautiful.

edit for new page: buy it.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

The Bramble posted:

Is it a bug that goblin swarm darters don't seem to suffer from any range or line of sight penalties ever? Makes them pretty powerful.

I believe that's intended because they're shooting mosquitoes. Started a random map on adventure mode, every city seem to be goblins.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

Kanos posted:

I don't think I really get Draconians. Flyers are godlike, Raptors are dangerous, and Elders are pretty great, but their other troops feel like they have too many weaknesses. Chargers and Crushers do insane psycho damage but they're so slow and fragile that they get ripped to pieces trying to employ it. Flamers are great against enemies that cluster but terrible shooters otherwise. Hatchlings seem utterly pointless; I can babysit a terribly weak, fragile unit to gold medal to get a free tier 1 or tier 2 unit, whoop de doo why wouldn't I just build the unit itself for 15 more gold?

Any Draconian players want to fill me in on what works best with them? Is it really just Flyer/Elder spam?

I just wish they went further with the Aztec aesthetic

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
This dreadnaught AI I'm fighting is able to pump out flame tanks and poo poo from his cities but as an arch-druid I'm only able to summon a single animal at a time, I think it'd be great if you could recruit summons in your cities for mana. More mana than it costs to summon for balance sake.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Are the summon animal/eldrich animal/gigantic animal spells totally random in what you get or are they influenced by what type of ground you cast them on?

edit: Just like to say how fantastic my Orc Arch Druid random map is going. Started off in adventure mode, very large map, with 7 other players. 2 AI's spawned not far away and we set to knife fightin' on our little corner of the continent. The first city I found was Elven, and shortly after an Orc city, so my early armies were all mixed hunters of both races. Turns out Orc Hunters are quite handy at melee (8 ranged, 9 melee compared to my Elf Hunters which were 10 ranged, 8 melee I think). Adventure is a great game mode.

Rabhadh fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Apr 4, 2014

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

Deltasquid posted:

On a related note, what counters shrines of smiting?

They're machines, arch-druid has a great anti-machine spell and Adept of Water has rot.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I've decided that I prefer to set resource structures, mana and treasure sites to few in my random maps now. Is there any way to stop starting underground apart from just turning it off? Humans don't like caves.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I've decided that I prefer setting cities to many and city founding off. In my current Rogue game, I've created a no man's land of razed cities between a Dreadnought who's been kicking my rear end and my lands by sneaking a stack of assassins behind the lines.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I loving love this wizard nukes idea.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Actually if you were to increase the effect of terrain on populations and allow terraforming spells to be cast on ememy cites, they could effectivly be your nukes. Thus my job as draconians would be to cover the world in volcanic terrain or whatever it is they like. Orcs would love barrens but be killed off slowly in a city built in a forest, and stuff like that.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I realise I'm probs missing out but I never played the first 3 game's campaigns and I'm not about to start now

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I prefer the idea of a Necromancer class and no Undead race. Just have your normal guys get recruited with low morale then resurrect as zombies when they die. All your class units could be various magical bone constructs. Be awesome.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Picky little fuckers those halflings.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I though it was you have a chance to start underground if your race doesn't dislike/hate the underground?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Heroes get new spells through skill points. You only get heroes of races you've encountered, for example you wont get a Human hero until you've conquered a Human city

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Anyone tried seals on an extra large map?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I know a lot of people will hate playing this way but I've found my favourite way to play is extra large random map, adventure mode, few resource structures. These games are lasting a week but I like to get really invested in my empire.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
If the new butcher is tier 2, did something get demoted to tier 1 make space for it?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I kinda liked the little blue neanderthal thing they had going. To be fair though it was probably just about reusing assets and goblins suited more than anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
If the frostlings are goblin vikings I hope they get a unique ship

• Locked thread