Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Never actually played Age of Wonders, though some have said it's kind of a magical Master of Orion or other 4X game. How robust is its replayability? Like victory conditions, faction differences, etc? I've burned through Endless Legend, Civ V, Civ BE in the past year.

I'm guessing it's pretty good, I guess, and that steam sale is tempting, as all steam sales are.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

This game has...kind of a high learning curve. I'm sure I'll get into it soon though.

Okay, so when a city gathers resources, it's strictly from resource points within its range, right? What's the point of all the other tiles having different terrain types like fields or barren then?

Looks like there's spells that creates a temporary summoned units...interesting...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Mugh. I know it's totally an aesthetic thing but I am having a hard time getting into this game's setting when it's mostly just standard D&D races. Endless Legend spoiled me.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

What are laborers for?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Woof. So I take it that unlike Civilization I want to spent quite a few turns just setting my cities to produce gold because WOW I spend myself into poverty too quickly.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Do unit regenerate health faster if the army is camped or is it a set amount each turn?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So under what circumstances should you use summoned units? I get that you can make them independent of gold and at will, and that the first you get is meant to be a scouting support unit, but other classes say they learn much more powerful summons.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So, generally speaking, which should I lean more heavily on, the class-specific units like the Irregulars or the more generic racial units like Human Spear Guy and Elven Longbowman?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

How do you engage multiple armies at once?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Gerblyn posted:

There are some weird exceptions when you fight next to forts and cities, but usually you have two main stacks, the attacking stack and the defending stack (the undead, in Bauxite's picture). Any stack that's adjacent to the defending stack will be pulled into the battle, so Bauxite maneuvered all his stacks to surround the undead before attacking with one of them.

Aaah, so you need to get multiple armies adjacent to the target before attacking. I'll remember that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

It's pretty cool to fight on a battlefield surrounded by crystals, though.

• Locked thread