Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Autonomous Monster posted:

They also have charge and are pretty chunky. Best Druid summon before Shock Serpents, I think.

Bleak Wargs ain't bad either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Draconian Archdruid! Draconian Sorceror! Draconian Dreadnaught! Draconian everything!

I was tickled that my preferred combo (Draconian Archdruid) is one of the campaign combos.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

madmac posted:

It's a long way off, but just out of curiosity, is anyone besides me planning on trying out PBEM when it's released? Wasn't really my bag back in the old days but I want to see how it plays and it would be cool to get some big goon games going with lots of players.

I was very sad when it wasn't in yet, in point of fact.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Splicer posted:

Gerblyn please confirm that ye're fixing the bug the right way.

As in adding this feature to all races.

Bearded draconian ladies. :getin:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Gyshall posted:

I guess I mean more when people talk about 4x games - I know I'm in the Endless Legend and Civ BE/Civ 5 threads and people usually recommend Endless Legend in the latter, when AoW3 should be one of the first mentioned.

All anecdotal, but just putting it out there. I love this game.

AoW is very, very combat-focused.

(But the combat is great.)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

It's already the 14th in India, Gerblyn! :argh:

I'm really glad I got my current project mostly out of the way this weekend, I might not be very useful for a few days.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Wait.... its coming out tomorrow!?

Allegedly.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

:toot:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Rascyc posted:

If someone does the campaign please post if it's any good. I tried the original campaign and it was just so annoying to play that I never bothered with halflings. I do love Necromancers though.

...What was annoying about it?

I personally like the new campaign best out of the four so far.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Arrrthritis posted:

I really like the campaign so far. I'm trying to find the Evidence of frostling corruption but in the meantime my kitty buddy and I have been fighting off hordes and hordes of frostling invaders.

Go visit the throne city of the rear end in a top hat in question. The direction should be obvious from his stream of attacking units.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

madmac posted:

Whatever you do in the first campaign map, make sure you thaw out Grandpa. Grandpa is the best.

I hope you mean the sorceror. :ohdear:

I sort of accidentally shanked the last enemy's throne while she was in the void, so the scenario ended real prematurely.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

So it's really rather easy by campaign mission 3 to give your necromancer enough abilities that they won't all show up on his bar.

Gonna need to shuffle some things to other heroes to get his ranged attack back!

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 15, 2015

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

So, I expect a good few people noticed in the campaign (especially mission 3)...

But Frostling Deathbringers are female. Royal guards to the rescue!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah, the third level of the campaign really teaches you the joy of Ghoul Katamari.

Ham Binger doomed the world by sending three separate, basically-solo gold-medal manticore riders to raid me. :getin:

(Also he generously donated me Zombie Camille.)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If anyone is not aware: not only can Necromancer sell useless non-class city upgrades for cash, she can also sell useless storehouse etc city upgrades for cash. :getin:

Another neat side note: Age of Death + Ghoul Curse can reanimate dead enemies twice!

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 17, 2015

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Gerblyn posted:

If you pay attention in the Golden Realms campaign, you'll realise that Ham is basically a complete moron whose hypocrisy and incompetence is responsible for unleashing the Necromancers AND unlocking the seals which could doom the world as well. Almost everything that's goes wrong through all 4 campaigns can be traced back to Ham being a gently caress up!

I sincerely hope that is reflected in his AI.

It would make a lot of sense.

Alternatively: so, he's Brann Bronzebeard?

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 17, 2015

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Just got Master of Eternal Silence. :toot:

Obviously, this is the canonical ending. Age of Wonders 4 will be about the Wizard Kings and Shadow Realm denizens colonizing the dead world.

Melenis actually beat Werlac to death on her own; I arrived just in time to help mop up.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Thyrork posted:

Theres cheat codes for that, you might be able to at least save your save. After that, make redundant saves!

Here you go.

My Shadowborn win took a bunch of tries because I got stuck without an adequately redundant save and the High Queen badly overextended.

Eventually I was able to abuse Animal Horde + running away to squeak out a tactical victory and escape to Werlac's island until I could recharge her with summons.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Malachamavet posted:

In my experience this game is definitely the hardest for me to balance offense/defense units/building etc. I think that's one of the reasons I like it so much, even when 3 indie scoundrels kill me, too.

It's marginally more forgiving than Conquest of Elysium. :allears:

Deer: the doom of many an empire.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Malachamavet posted:

Please spoiler that! Clearly deer are the villains in the next expansion

Age of Wonders 3: Return of the Wizard Deer

Well, the epilogue did say the Wizards were deeply changed by their sojourn.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Thyrork posted:

Campaign Related: Madmac said the shadowborn path is canon right? I really want the frostling Hegemony path to be canon, because the idea of the wizard kings returning to the immortal legions of the dead Frostling standing ready to murder them is loving awesome.

Well, he strongly implied it. I still maintain that the undead path is canon.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Gerblyn posted:

Mother of God, he's implying the Death Bringer is underpowered...

Anyways, this is semi-public, so Imma just gonna shut up now!

:psyduck:

It's literally the snowballest unit in the game.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Public service announcement:

Allying with Werlac in the final EL scenario, and allying with him "just until Melenis is beaten", result in the same ending.

(Maybe I can declare war on his rear end before knocking over Melenis' capital. Hmm.)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Gerblyn posted:

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure, but I believe once you commit to one of those 3 that's it. The guy who designed it was pretty meticulous about plugging loopholes too. It'd be cool to hear if someone managed to break it though :D

Edit: It's midnight and I'm doing math to win arguments on the internet, somebody shoot me now :(

What threw me off was the conditional - I guess there's no meaningful difference between straight-up allying him and picking the middle option. ...Which is how it works for Edward in mission 2, too, really.

Yeah, no special dialogue, he just executes Ella and you lose.

Guess I'll need to complete the scenario a fourth time.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Edit: actually, upon consideration of my summer schedule, never mind.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hunt down and destroy the red tiged lairs to stop hostile spawns.

Also, pretty sure Equanimity is always the name but it has like eight different possible stats. Mouse over it. :science:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Kinetica posted:

Please please do this. I keep losing units this way because I forget and they get squished.

I finally won a seal game! I was really surprised on how annoyed everyone gets when you start winning seals. It was kind of cool that the AI started rushing seals before I did, might have had something to do with the new difficulty I tried as well.

Seal victory is hands down my favorite. Playing King of the Hill against everybody else and surprisingly beefy elemental stacks is fun, and it discourages turtling.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hawgh posted:

Today I learned: The AI is perfectly happy to suicide a bunch of units if it means murdering your leader while you don't have a city :mad:

I'd gladly do the same, to be fair.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

madmac posted:

Also RIP Tigrans.

On the plus side, I do love draconians. ...And druids!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hryme posted:

How do you do this again? I remember I figured it out when I bought the game but I forgot it now when I am replaying.

Right click hold -> drag.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

Me n' Madmac are going at it, I'm streaming it, check it out y'all

:pervert:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

madmac posted:

Never except Settler Start. It's a trap set by people who only play classes that don't need cities.

Alternatively, never accept allowing building cities.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Nasgate posted:

Remove greater wallclimbing, give lesser flying at gold. Cooler thematically and less situationaly useful.

I think we have a winner, speaking as an irrationally over-drac player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Sjonnar posted:

All hail Betrayal Mammoth!

I have got to hear this one.

• Locked thread