Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astns
Sep 4, 2011
Holy poo poo I wasted hundreds of hours on the first 3 AoW games & I'm just hearing about this now!?

That said I am disappointed by the seeming lack of undead. Armies of endlessly resurrecting zombies & turning huge swathes of land into a barren skeleton themepark were a big plus in the previous title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astns
Sep 4, 2011
Does anyone have any tips for playing Theocrat?

Just can't seem to make them work until I get all the big spells like Holy War etc.

Astns
Sep 4, 2011
So Orcs are generally the best choice for Theo?

I guess all the resistance buffs kinda shore up one of the racial weaknesses.

Is there a preferred sphere of magic?

Astns
Sep 4, 2011
Goddamn exploration warlords are strong.

Played against one in multiplayer, he had stack of 5 elite monster hunters plus a hero roaming about far too early for me to deal with. As a sorcerer or archdruid, they cut your summons to bits.

How does one counter this?

Astns
Sep 4, 2011
Has anyone beaten the 3rd map in the Eternal Lords campaign?

If so any tips? There are four AI factions all giving me a hammering and I'm really struggling.

Also, this is a fantastic expansion. Goddamn.

Astns
Sep 4, 2011
I'm really struggling to make necromancer work in more competitive multiplayer games, just got crushed by a druid who turned up at my doorstep with T4 snakes and giant spiders who were resistant to all my poo poo whilst I was just trying to get bone collectors out.

Any goons out there who've come up with some staple strategies or tips for our spooky friends so as not to get rolled?

Astns
Sep 4, 2011
Thanks for the advice chaps. I was on the verge of giving up and going back to Warlord.

Astns
Sep 4, 2011
Playing a rogue against a goblin necro is really not fun at all. Just putting that out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astns
Sep 4, 2011
Given how badly Ninjewtsu suffered at the hands of summon bone dragon in that game a few days ago, what's the consensus on the secret spells? Are there any in particular to watch out for or are they all just game-breaking?

• Locked thread