Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I've never played an Age of Wonders game but everyone's unmitigated excitement here and in the Steam thread had me intrigued. If my in-game Dreadnought actually has a swank manacle and cup of tea like in the trailer, no matter which race I choose (whatever races end up being in it), well, sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Gerblyn posted:

Sorry to disappoint, but I believe it's 5 or 6. Each class has it's own set of units as well though, and they all have racial variants too, so you'll still have a huge amount of variety.

Answer the important questions! Monocles for your avatar: Yes or no?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

ceebee posted:

Are there any deals on this game yet? I really want to play but not for $40.

None yet, but there's always a Steam sale around the corner!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

This is probably a weird question, but why isn't this game for sale at more stores online? The only place to get it is Steam or GOG, which is kind of unusual.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Can someone give me some tips for the earliest part of the campaign? I'm only on the second part, where you get the draconian, and I keep getting my rear end kicked. It seems to take so long to gather a decent force that Shnga has forced her way into my domain by the time I'm even close to ready to fight her. I can't even get to the elf city without going to war with her, which also pisses off her orc friend.

I'm basically poo poo at this game and need help being less poo poo. :I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I'm still doing the campaign but I gotta say I'm addicted to theocrats. I think that's my class. I like stealing people.

• Locked thread