Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arro
Mar 31, 2010

AxeManiac posted:

Important OUYA updates:

OUYA only way to play Double Fine Adventure game on a TV (not counting multiple ways to play pc games on a tv) http://kotaku.com/5982318/ouya-will-be-getting-tim-schafers-big-kickstarter-game-other-consoles-wont-ouya-boss-says

So the kotaku link says it is also being released on android and IOS so count them as ways to play games on a TV

AxeManiac posted:

OUYA available on Amazon now, hook us up AmazonTony! http://www.amazon.com/OUYA-Console-Coming-June-2013/dp/B0050SZD18/

Amazon claims "OUYA is about the size of a Rubik's cube, but it plays hard in full-screen HD".

And according to the amazon link piracy....sorry "developer games" is as easy as pluging in a usb to the device, so you don't even need the root button anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Mercury Crusader posted:

When it says it "plays hard", does that mean it has a hard time playing video games?

It works hard, it plays hard.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Sigma-X posted:

If that controller works on the PC for $50 a dual analog controller with a touchpad seems like a pretty good controller, definitely a viable alternative to a wired 360 controller.

Eh, not really. The Xbox 360 pad drivers are built into the OS from Win7 upwards, and all the ports are/will be of 360 versions of games for a while, which means inbuilt pad compatibility.

Also the wired 360 pads aren't $50 are they?

But I am egerly awaiting the sick case mods for the OUYA Android Game Console For Televisual Entertainment Systems.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Mercury Crusader posted:

When it says it "plays hard", does that mean it has a hard time playing video games?

It means it hard locks up if you try to use it.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

The official ones are 40$ US, with knockoffs being 20-30$. 50$ for a poor quality Ouya controller with a touchpad PCs dont yet support seems like a terrible deal.

maqzek
Dec 21, 2012

cat doter posted:

Someone needs to make a small wireless streaming box that can pipe out h264 compressed video from a source like a computer to a TV. Basically what that Nvidia shield thing is but not in a dumb handheld thing. Who cares about some dumb android console.

I mean, not that I hate the ouya or anything, if there's any decent games I'll probably get one, but doesn't seem very likely at the moment. But it's cheap so whatever.

Like SteamBox?

TheMilkyWay
Feb 9, 2013

butts.
Could anyone let me know if you will be able to play standard android games (not just from the ouya store) with the OUYA? Lots of android games I'd like to play, but they probably will not be ported for OUYA.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

TheMilkyWay posted:

Could anyone let me know if you will be able to play standard android games (not just from the ouya store) with the OUYA? Lots of android games I'd like to play, but they probably will not be ported for OUYA.

To my knowledge the OUYA doesn't come with access to the android store and games will need to be ported before they're playable(i.e: adding controller support for anything that uses a touch screen).

So no.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Can you buy games with bitcoins?

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

I was looking for the old XboxPants meltdown thread just yesterday, hadn't been keeping up since they released their "dev consoles." Anyone have a link or a synopsis of how it came about that that thread was closed

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Eh, not really. The Xbox 360 pad drivers are built into the OS from Win7 upwards, and all the ports are/will be of 360 versions of games for a while, which means inbuilt pad compatibility.

Hell even many games without 360 ports are supporting the controllers. The 360 controller is the closest PC gaming has come to an industry standard in a while.

davejk
Mar 22, 2007

Pillbug

TheMilkyWay posted:

Even if you could just load them up (which you can't), how would you play games designed for a touchscreen with a gamepad? The vast majority of phone and tablet games would absolutely suck on this thing.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV1nidrZhsM

:flashfap:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Dreggon posted:

Can you buy games with bitcoins?

Ouya can only go up uP UP!!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

davejk posted:

Even if you could just load them up (which you can't), how would you play games designed for a touchscreen with a gamepad? The vast majority of phone and tablet games would absolutely suck on this thing.

Are you implying that the non tablet or phone games are going to be ground breaking narrative experiences? Nice!

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Maybe you just don't get it. It's supposed to look like poor quality shovelware crap because it's ironic. Even if it is actually poor quality shovelware crap. Now do you get it? That's what I thought.

The loving NERVE of some of you philistines. Games are ART you fuckfaces. The indie game revolution will be jumping badly rendered models of your BIG THREE consoles pretty soon. In things like newspaper graphs in articles about how much money they'll make!

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

That running animation is perfection.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?
I hope we can IAP more kazoo music.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

The loving NERVE of some of you philistines. Games are ART you fuckfaces. The indie game revolution will be jumping badly rendered models of your BIG THREE consoles pretty soon. In things like newspaper graphs in articles about how much money they'll make!

Tell me about how is being a blogger for The Escapist magazine. :allears:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVOFHsCtamQ

Hahaha, a PS1 game did it better

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgAhpLLzoYk

You are telling us in the OUYA thread that a Sponsored Game on a Big Corp console is better than an Indie title?
Not cool man...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617lGZjYyNo

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

This is going the be the epitaph for the OUYA.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

This looks like it was made by Ulilililililililia

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"NEW CONSOLE ITERATION EVERY YEAR" is the stupidest loving idea ever. How about actually creating a games library before making new worthless emulation machines. I have one DS flashcard that upgraded firmware versions for 5 years, and I didn't need to go out and buy a new one whenever a fix was made to it. What the gently caress is wrong with these people.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

MinibarMatchman posted:

"NEW CONSOLE ITERATION EVERY YEAR" is the stupidest loving idea ever. How about actually creating a games library before making new worthless emulation machines. I have one DS flashcard that upgraded firmware versions for 5 years, and I didn't need to go out and buy a new one whenever a fix was made to it. What the gently caress is wrong with these people.

To be fair, that's probably there to give them some column inches, because I'd hate to see their fragmentation within five years, and no doubt someone in marketing is going to point out that this isn't a phone, despite phone-like qualities.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hav posted:

To be fair, that's probably there to give them some column inches, because I'd hate to see their fragmentation within five years, and no doubt someone in marketing is going to point out that this isn't a phone, despite phone-like qualities.

It's funny you mention phone qualities because somehow I think this would have been better as a portable thing. Tablets and phones often don't have the buttons necessary for certain games as is.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'm still surprised they haven't taken the money and left the country by now.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

RagnarokAngel posted:

Hell even many games without 360 ports are supporting the controllers. The 360 controller is the closest PC gaming has come to an industry standard in a while.

It literally is a standard. It's called XInput and it's lovely. Either get a 360 controller or a controller that supports XInput (like the Logitech F710) and everything will be mapped out corretly with matching on screen prompts etc right out of the box.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Accordion Man posted:

I'm still surprised they haven't taken the money and left the country by now.

Think of the cash when Samsung buys you out. Or Microsoft. Why settle for a buck when you can have a *million*.

At the moment I'm viewing this along the lines of the Gamepark 32; curious, but ultimately doomed.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Arro posted:

So the kotaku link says it is also being released on android and IOS so count them as ways to play games on a TV

Uh, no, it's impossible to connect a mobile device to a TV. That's why they're called mobile devices, duh. :rolleyes:

Not even the wireless pads are $50.

I've always wanted to play a game where a guy in a gimp suit who needs to take a poo poo jumps over low-poly cars. Killer fuckin' app right here, guys!

Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho
but no other console will fit in my butt its going to be a revolutionary in-butt gaming

I seem to remember he toxxe'd himself at one point but I can't remember why.

Divine Disclaimer fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 9, 2013

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

MinibarMatchman posted:

It's funny you mention phone qualities because somehow I think this would have been better as a portable thing. Tablets and phones often don't have the buttons necessary for certain games as is.

Yeah, but it's been at least a year or two now that you can download apps to let you use Wii and PS3 controllers, and that was before Android had native controller support that lets you use 360 controllers. So in other words, that's been a pretty obsolete notion for a while. There are already phones and tablets out there that would make a superior "console" to this thing.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LOL the one guy who commented with the ultra-shill bullshit, oh my god. "I love the run and jump animations" are you making GBS threads me right now

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Divine Disclaimer posted:

but no other console will fit in my butt its going to be a revolutionary in-butt gaming

I seem to remember he toxxe'd himself at one point but I can't remember why.

I'm honestly excited for consoles I can put in my butt and take to a friends. It will be a revolution in lan gaming.

whiteshark12
Oct 21, 2010

How that gun even works underwater I don't know, but I bet the answer is magic.

MinibarMatchman posted:

LOL the one guy who commented with the ultra-shill bullshit, oh my god. "I love the run and jump animations" are you making GBS threads me right now

I'm pretty sure that was an ironic joke, much like the entire video.

f1av0r
Jan 13, 2008
My best friend told me that he funded a kick starter for this a while ago. What's the best way I can make fun of him while still keeping him as my best friend

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

f1av0r posted:

My best friend told me that he funded a kick starter for this a while ago. What's the best way I can make fun of him while still keeping him as my best friend
Buy him an OUYA.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Quest For Glory II posted:

Buy him an OUYA.

He said "while still keeping him as my best friend". :colbert:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Buy two Ouyas then, so then the two of them can play Car Jumper's riveting and industry-shattering online co-op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

f1av0r, buy yourself a 3DS XL :smug:

• Locked thread