Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Important OUYA updates:

YEARLY UPDATES: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-02-07-ouya-will-have-annual-releases

"As it relates to iterating the console and refreshes, our strategy is very much similar to the mobile strategy. There will be a new Ouya every year," Uhrman told Joystiq

OUYA only way to play Double Fine Adventure game on a TV (not counting multiple ways to play pc games on a tv) http://kotaku.com/5982318/ouya-will-be-getting-tim-schafers-big-kickstarter-game-other-consoles-wont-ouya-boss-says

"Uhrman said Ouya would provide the only TV experience for the game" "A Double Fine rep says that Schafer's game, codenamed Reds, will count the Ouya as its only TV console on launch day. That seems to leave it open to come to other consoles after launch. But the rep says the studio currently has no plans for other console releases"

OUYA available on Amazon now, hook us up AmazonTony! http://www.amazon.com/OUYA-Console-Coming-June-2013/dp/B0050SZD18/

Amazon claims "OUYA is about the size of a Rubik's cube, but it plays hard in full-screen HD".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVOFHsCtamQ

Hahaha, a PS1 game did it better

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Prowler posted:

How many different ways can you make Minecraft?

CastleMiner Z
Murder Miners
CastleMiner
Block World
Total Miner: Forge
Xenominer
Miner Of Duty
Miner4Ever
Fortress Wars
Concept Coaster Craft

That's just the first page!

I was reviewing XBL Indie titles 12 at a time in a power hour drinking contest, but I couldn't keep up with the flood of terrible, terrible games. It was nothing but pirate/zombie/cat games and mine craft clones. You could easily play hundreds of crappy games before you found 1 worth your time on that platform. It's almost hypnotic, like playing the lotto. You scratch around looking, hoping for a good game one day and it just never comes.

That's going to be the entire OUYA line up.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Joe Don Baker posted:

God those controllers are horrible and ugly looking.

Looks like we got a conformist liberal sheep for the corporate whores.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

CharlestonJew posted:

So one of my friends is legitimately excited for the Hooyeah and I'm not sure how to tell him it's a piece of poo poo. Should I just show him this thread?

we could use a new mod for the OUYA forum

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Louisgod posted:

Is Wal Mart taking preorders yet? I need to secure my Oyvey. THanks and God bless.

Yes, but on a 2 year payment plan of 14.97 a month

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Would someone care to translate what this means exactly?

This is the 9 million dollar question.

Nobody can answer it.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

stupid newbie 003 posted:

Just some beef between a couple jerks.

The OUYA was supposed to bring us together as gamers, not tear us apart.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Dewgy posted:

No joke I don't even understand why it came up but I want some of that jerky now.

I tried getting Louisgod to make a kickstarter with me for an OUYA game called JERKY BROS about two moderators who love jerky and are bros, but he won't go for it.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

zylche posted:

I think your issue is :filez:, alternatively android isn't liking the filesystem and not mounting it.

If you don't count roms, the OUYA won't really have any published games. Also roms are not filez, certainly not old rear end almost 20 year old N64 games.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

limaCAT posted:

So I can open a thread linking to my bad-rear end snes collection on the megaupload? 5W337!
Let's :filez: and :bong: together tonight!

I hope somebody addressed this, but it is clearly listed in the forum rules. We don't care about old rear end roms, we don't want people posting files. If you have something amazing and want to make a thread about it, we won't care if it needs the super pitfall NES rom. We don't want people asking for roms or posting torrents or collections. The intent of the file sharing really matters more than the law, and of course we will remove anything if requested by copyright owners, but nobody needs to get bent out of shape over a single file or something that adds more content than just file sharing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

TopherCStone posted:

What's up with UhrmanPants' weird passive-aggressive posting style? First he (?) writes a long winded claim of some kind, then someone pokes a hole in it with its most obvious flaw and he deflects with "yeah you're right, thanks for bringing that up," then he moves on to the next point and it repeats. I'm not sure if he just generates his viewpoint on the fly and doesn't think about them or if he's trying to be agreeable (and failing in a really stilted and awkward way) because he knows he's universally disliked.

Naw, we like him, he's fun, keeps this thread from just being a depressing circle of people slowly nodding and agreeing the OUYA is terrible.

He's like a wild animal with a muzzle, you all can take your OUYA aggression out on him, without actually having to get near a real OUYA fan.

• Locked thread