Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arro
Mar 31, 2010

SixtySix posted:

heh, I'll just root my OUYA and upgrade it for free! Your move, Urhman

e:

What determines "excessive", I wonder? Don't kinkshame, Julie

It is so it can still have "fantastic" games like Rocket Girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arro
Mar 31, 2010

pentyne posted:

Oh god I was salivating for a new OUYA thread ever since I saw the latest.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57568183-235/ouya-chief-well-launch-a-new-console-every-year/

Buy a new console every year! That won't run into any production problems at all! We'll make so much money on our marketplace that it won't be an issue.

edit: Is there a way to make it so XboxPants is required to post in this thread at least once every 24 hours? That was the sole point of the last OUYA thread.

Well that is going to be a fantastic thing for devs when they have to make sure it runs on most versions of android and then on most versions of ouya or are they just going to stop supporting the outdated consoles when a new one is released?

Arro
Mar 31, 2010

AxeManiac posted:

Important OUYA updates:

OUYA only way to play Double Fine Adventure game on a TV (not counting multiple ways to play pc games on a tv) http://kotaku.com/5982318/ouya-will-be-getting-tim-schafers-big-kickstarter-game-other-consoles-wont-ouya-boss-says

So the kotaku link says it is also being released on android and IOS so count them as ways to play games on a TV

AxeManiac posted:

OUYA available on Amazon now, hook us up AmazonTony! http://www.amazon.com/OUYA-Console-Coming-June-2013/dp/B0050SZD18/

Amazon claims "OUYA is about the size of a Rubik's cube, but it plays hard in full-screen HD".

And according to the amazon link piracy....sorry "developer games" is as easy as pluging in a usb to the device, so you don't even need the root button anymore.

Arro
Mar 31, 2010

Blast of Confetti posted:

Have there been any games for the OUYA that actually have original ideas? I don't think I've seen a game for this piece of poo poo that wasn't already an indie game. They just sprinkle some lovely graphics over the gameplay and call it a masterpiece.

The only new idea that seems to be coming out on the ouya is the new double fine adventure game. But that is also coming out on pc and android/IOS at the same time but clearly none of these other devices have the awesome capability of streaming it to a tv in stunning HD quality like the ouya claims to do. Maybe the ouya directly injects drugs into your fingers as you play?

Arro
Mar 31, 2010
So we have a week and change before this thing sinks into the ocean of time.

What part of their promises have they lived up to so far?

What actual knowledge do we even have about this thing?
Is there a final 'aluminium' product seen by real people yet?
have they finished their store page yet?
have they finished the design for the controller and fixed that touch pad thing?

how do they plan to make money to do a second years worth of these?
because they could not possibly be hoping to either make money from console sales or from their store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arro
Mar 31, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

CAKE? What?

Pretty sure that is supposed to be make, another shot showed it saying ouya.

• Locked thread