Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Female Darkside Mirialan because they're neat and Twi'leks ruin hoods. Won't somebody think of the hoods!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Glad to see the Republic party formed! :dance:

Now I'm curious what advanced classes they'll all end being? I'd recommend trying to have at least one tank-able and heal-able option. It'd be neat to see the opposite classes but that's hardly a requirement.

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 12, 2013

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah that's definitely something you guys should all get in touch about at the very least. :v:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Brainamp posted:

I would love to know when it's proper to use it. It and the freaking hyphen always screw me up.

Simplest use is to take the place of a conjunction when combining two related sentences. You can do more with them but they're much less common.

quote:

Star Wars is cool. This LP is nice.

You could add a conjunction like 'and'

quote:

Star Wars is cool and this LP is nice.

or you could skip that baloney poo poo altogether.

quote:

Star Wars is cool; this LP is nice.

:eng101:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I have to say I was initially disappointed at the Trooper being a Pureblood because they all look so ridiculous (Although admittedly are one of the least human looking, which is a plus) but I'm really starting to warm up to The Girl with the Sith Tattoo.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

loving space racists my god. :argh:

That one girl outside the temple always makes me laugh though. She's just so happy and excited and everything is new and crazy and I always find it really endearing.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

quote:

It's up to Viidu and Corso to crack the datapad and figure out just where Corso's hiding.

I think you meant to put Skavak for the 2nd Corso there. Unless... the twist is we're really hunting Corso and Corso is helping us as to not put suspicion on Corso. :tinfoil:

Also I really love the Smuggler conversation with the guy and his droid. Makes me laugh every time.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

But honestly there's just no room for a Jedi named Flingeld.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Third Street T-7. (Yellow) :haw:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Some say it is... unnatural.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I don't personally have any qualms with the style.

Two catches: You forgot a bold for Quin here

quote:

Quinine: Some of your goons just went after your girl, Viidu.

and after Corso says the "Big Boom Run" Quin refers to it as the "Boom Boom Run", although that could just be the character so that's fine if so.

Let me know if I should stop pointing out stuff I feel like a jerk doing so but want to help.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

If Jolune goes with Molyneux Atronie will go with Avellone. :colbert:

e: Also I made a Trooper on Dalborra to pester both sides with, named Rill.

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Mar 3, 2013

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Well, it uses the same model as a Gundark which us Imps have seen on Dromund Kaas and they probably show up elsewhere as well, but who knows what it's supposed to be.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Ord Mantell is definitely not my most favorite starting planet (But it's not my least, either), but the next (And final) area is really cool no matter how you slice it. :haw:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

quote:

3. Jedi Healer: Halves the cooldown when reviving friendly players.

Just to point this out it actually completely removes the cooldown, not halves it. All classes that can heal get their own version of this. Everyone can revive another player but it has a 15(?) minute cooldown, whereas healers can do it as often as they want. All out of combat of course.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

AirborneNinja posted:

Because if they didn't make it an absolute pain in the rear end to keep a party together without a dedicated healing class they wouldnt be able to bilk you for medical probes.

In one of the rare cases where I can argue in defense of the game, the revive cooldown system as it stands has been unchanged since launch, long before they were squeezing every last dollar out of the poor free players.

Dolash posted:

Supposedly they originally planned to make the Smuggler and the Bounty Hunter neutral to start, and after you finish your starting world you picked which faction to join.

There were pretty substantial mumblings from ex-employees that there were originally going to be 3 factions. At first it was Republic/Empire/Voss (A group neither LP has seen yet), with Jedi (Knight)/Trooper for Republic, Sith (Warrior)/Dark Trooper for Empire, and Voss Mystics/???? for the third. The mystics ended up getting rolled into what became the Consular and Inquisitor and the Dark Trooper became the Bounty Hunter when they added Smuggler I believe. This in turn changed the factions but instead of being neutral smugglers and bounty hunters would be part of an "Underworld"/Criminal kind of faction. That all got scrapped as well and they rolled them into the factions where they are now.

Also Quin is talking to himself and needs to give Corso some room to speak.

quote:

Quinine: Come on, Captain. We need to have a little heart-to-heart with Syreena.

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Mar 9, 2013

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Coq au Nandos posted:

The Bourne Legacy! Someone has to, and our smuggler seems the best fit.

Throwing my proverbial hat in with this.

My republic character is up to 20 now as well as being a cybertech so if you guys need help/whatever I am also available.

Also Kindin has figured out how to speak outside the bubble. I fear he has already replaced Dolash as our narrator. :tinfoil:

Kindin: But I'm glad you didn't.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

We know what advanced classes the Jedi have picked. I'm curious what our non-force users have chosen. I have assumptions but I could be proven wrong! Also really excited to see how the first flashpoint goes.

Also Brain Tavus has run out of R's in his scrabble box:

quote:

I won't try to persuade you. Honestly, I hope you die with you ideals intact. The rest of us will never have that luxury.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Awesome, that's what I was hoping. (And another reason Lamadar should have gone Powertech. :argh:)

And Brain

quote:

Havoc is you command

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I think it's just a bug but it happened on that run we did together. The soldiers got duplicated for some reason and their cheering models were left behind throughout the cutscene. Good job so far guys. I was going to suggest closing the chat window (You can hit the arrows in the top left to hide/unhide them) but it seems to have been done for the later parts of the run.

I have to say that I love Kilran as a villain. He is just so good at making you want to hate him.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I did Esseles on my republic character recently and hadn't realized they'd changed that optional droid boss. When he had the big field around him and my life started ticking away in large chunks I realized I should probably get inside.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Also worth noting is the male Consular is voiced by Nolan North I believe.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

quote:

lets you kick things hard in the balls

Don't spread misinformation. Both classes can do ball kicks. :colbert: (It's the smuggler's basic stun move.)

Gunslinger on the sole grounds we've already seen Abeena's operative as mechanically identical to the scoundrel.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I know my trooper got a similar e-mail for gassing them instead of letting them out. I want to say it's pretty similar except maybe #3 might be a little different.

Also Dolash if you can stand it you should totally show off some of the dark side Smuggler options. The entire Tatooine questline can go pretty differently and is pretty interesting. Also end of Act 1 for obvious reasons. Especially if you're female. I've actually done kind of the same thing so if you ever need any help let me know although my smuggler is on Alderaan already.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I really like the little senate hearing but I wish the ending was better. As far as I can tell you can never actually please Garza. Either she gets mad at you for telling the truth too much or mad that you lied too much and made the Senators all pissy and there is no middle ground.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I shouldn't even have to vote. It should be obvious. Full on Strawberry. :unsmigghh:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

The Epoch Hawk. :awesomelon:

Or one of the others that's less dumb.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

It's kind of silly and doesn't really make sense that it's there but I like it and thought it was neat. :shobon:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Gideon020 posted:

Maybe we'll see some ghosts then? :ghost:

That's a good point. How many millions died on Taris? Maybe someone will run into some lingering specters.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

That senator is such an rear end in a top hat. Not even the slightest bit grateful you just saved his furry rear end from becoming catmanstew! :argh:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

As for the reward Watcher One taunted R'andayn with I believe it's a reference to the KOTOR comics! :eng101:

In the first issue one of the Jedi masters in the covenant has a vision that one of their padawans will bring great destruction or something but they don't know which one so they plan to kill them all. The main protagonist, Zane Carrick, due to his terrible luck ends up missing the "meeting" and walks in just as they're killing the other padawans and blame it on him. The Republic Station is named after him as well!

Also the holodisguise with the assassin was really cool.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Next time, on a very special episode of Star Wars: Quin vs. Wild.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Dang, that's really cool. Don't think I've ever done the Republic Taris Bonus but even if I had I doubt I would have recognized her. Now I'm curious if there are any reoccurring NPCs on Republic Balmorra. Guess we'll find out when you guys get there!

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

For all the complaints about the game sometimes the writing just makes me smile.

Poor Argo. :allears:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Videos are private, Captain.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Two of the responses in the dialogue where Corso is talking about his sister are great. One is the "stayed for the good beer" line, but if you choose the one below that ("Just tell me when and where.") it goes something like:

Captain: Just say the word and we'll find her before you can say "Vrblther's vibroblade"!

Corso: Vrbl... vrlb... so, not that soon then, huh?

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 12, 2013

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

GhostBoy posted:

Another trick worth learning in space combat is that your lasers have no collision detection at all. You can shoot through asteroids, starships, containers.... anything really. Unless you are regening shields, you should always be firing at something with a red reticle, whether you can see what you are shooting at or not.

The downside to this is that they can shoot you, too, whether you can actually see them or not. It actually happens in that asteroid mission when you come upon the Star Destroyer but there's a big asteroid in the way at first.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I watched all of that video and you guys would have a much easier time if someone focused on keeping the rest of you alive. :v:

Also for the non-force users: In case you weren't aware, which is quite easy to do since the game never actually mentions it unless you know where to look, your energy/ammo resource regenerates more slowly when you go under about ~60% of it, capping at I think 1/4th the normal regeneration speed when you're bottomed out.

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 25, 2013

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Depends on the situation! If you need to put out a lot of damage/healing in a quick time it can be a good idea to use everything you've got instead trying to hold on and failing. You can do it without consequence every 2 minutes with your energy probe (Troopers get a similar Reload thingy) or whatever it is! :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Don't know the reasoning but pretty sure they gave them out, or originally planned to, when they put name changes and other stuff in the store.

• Locked thread