Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Female Darkside Twi'Lek named R'andayn

Personality: Space Libertarian

Somewhat of a mirror-image of Mort, I guess. I want to see Mort's utter disgust when they eventually meet. Twi'Lek because... Honestly, I picked a random race.

e: Added an apostrophe to the name, it's Star Wars after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Brainamp posted:

: Good to have you here. I'm Commander Harron Tavus, Havoc Squad's commanding officer. We're all excited to have some new blood in the unit. Let me introduce you to the other members of Havoc Squad.

The image above the :words: doesn't exist anymore.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Blue

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The Guardian R'andayn proudly raises the black-green banner lightsaber of "gently caress you, got mine."

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I voted for maximum ugly, so I'm keeping my vote. This is even better actually.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Molyneux if you want a philosophical reference, or P'orkins if you want a Star Wars reference.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The Nobody Legacy.

:byodood: Who stole my stuff!?
:v: Nobody.

Smuggling stuff out like it's nobody's business.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

This is turning into a running gag.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Calax posted:

Honestly, it seems like the republic has about 2000 "elite squads" based on how often you run into them in various quests.

The inflation hit hard last year.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Scoundrel

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Wyld Karde posted:

I think Servetus has hit the nail on the head here. If the personality and subclass had been presented as two seperate votes things might well be going very differently now. I know I voted for Scoundrel primarily for personality reasons. I'm getting a similar impression from other posters in the thread, too.

Yeah. I'd prefer an idealistic Quinine, even if I think that the Gunslinger class would suit him better.

This might sound a bit wheels-within-wheels-y, but I'm guessing that Dolash guessed what personality the thread is more likely to vote for and tacked it onto the class he'd enjoy to play more. Not that it couldn't have been done by simply not giving us a choice in the first place.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Cythereal posted:

I conceived of my lady smuggler as gay, so she's holding out for a certain companion the Smuggler playthrough will meet later. She treats Corso as a kid brother. Don't know when the flirt prompts go away, though - I switched to Bowdaar as soon as I got him.

...on the rocky road to planet gay, one two three four five -
Hunt the Sith and turn her down the rocky road, and all the way to ol' Makeb, whack a droid tonight...

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Well loving finally, I was getting sick and tired of that guy. The :magical: way Cinchona took out the Primarch of Ape R'ill is far more enjoyable to watch than the wussy-rear end lightside approach.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Coq au Nandos posted:

anyone who'd read NJO

Well there's your problem.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
LP Superstars

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Barf Wight posted:

Free Republic

This.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

This is a level beyond Super:spergin:
I call it Super:spergin:2

You are not SuperMechaGodzilla. Sorry, dude.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Vanilla

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
gently caress you (and your blue lightsaber) Kira, got mine.
Keep the old saber.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
A fancy ship for the man who can be a smuggler and a patriotic idealist at the same time? It's named The Qubit.

Changed my vote.

my dad fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 1, 2013

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

CommissarMega posted:

Call your ship the Miel Muwn- one way or another, the little guy is going to finish the job :black101:

Changing my vote to this.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
So, I'm a bit confused about Todessa's LP storyline - the impression I get from Mort's comments is that she defected to the Republic, but I didn't notice a mention something like that in Brainamp's updates. Did I fail a spot check, or is Mort merely referring to her being a Sith?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
You might want to reread your post and edit it a bit. For example, :technobable: =/= :techno:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Bloodly posted:

Well, if this Master's one of the few, FEW survivors of the Malachor V massacre, then he was likely fairly insane to begin with,given the results of it on everyone else.

The what now?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Itchy? Tasty? :ohdear: Is it a horse? :crossarms:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The Atlas

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The Living Legacy

I'm taking the L'bertarian shtick too far, aren't I?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

MadDogMike posted:

Even more true when "getting angry and hating" are what turn you into an abuser. Of course Jedi tend to flip dark side under torture, how many people can resist getting pissed off at being tortured? Why the hell they tend to join up afterwards instead of murdering their would-be master is beyond me though, unless the Sith are real good at convincing new darksider Jedi they'll "have a better chance later" up until the Jedi's done so much wrong waiting they forget how to come back after they do get around to it.

There's also the fact that the Jedi have a low tolerance for breaking the rules of the Order, and the person who makes the first step towards the Dark Side is going to have a choice between being an enemy of both sides and joining the Sith to have at least the slimmest hope of survival. It might be a false dichotomy, but if there's something the Sith are good at, it's persuading their victims that they have a binary choice between (someone's) death/torture/<insert horrible fate here> and joining the darkside - and someone who's being tortured by masters of inflicting pain isn't gonna have the clearest of minds when the time to choose comes.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
My, my, what a mystery. Who could our light-sided force user dedicated to death and destruction be... :allears:
Great update.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

So... How is this supposed to work?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

PoptartsNinja posted:

I've always felt that it's more like the warring houses from Dune or Fading Suns: House Organna is House Atriedes is House Hawkwood; House Ulgo is House Decados is House Harkonnen (right down to every one of them being lead by a fat stupid ugly guy), but I can totally see the Westeros influences too.

Oh, come now, Baron Harkonnen wasn't stupid, his whole drat plan would have worked perfectly if it wasn't for that pesky out-of-context enemy who went on to conquer the whole drat galaxy.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Josef bugman posted:

I rather like the Glorantha method of "everyone is basically right, but that doesn't mean that people aren't dicks".

It means that even things like trolls, who want to eat everything, elves, who want to cover everything in trees, and dwarves, who want to stop the world and "fix" it, seem almost reasonable.

I was about to say "The Broos can go gently caress themselves, though" and then I realized that they probably do.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Jolune must show the Balmorrans that the Republic cares about them. Rescue the technicians.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Like.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Seeing you guys turn a dumb gimmick I came up with into an interesting character is awesome. R'andayn is such a wonderful jerk. :allears:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
:catstare:

Truth.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
A Republic general who is not completely useless? :stare: And more morally complex than "Always rescues puppies" or "Eats puppies alive"?

edit: I mean General Korvan

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Todessa is alive! :toot:

That droid. :allears:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Risha is cool. On a more pragmatic side, is Quinine going to be a senator's fun toy, or PIRATE KING OF A loving PLANET?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Also the video with meeting the Senator is set to private.

I'm sure it's a meta-joke. :v:

Right?

• Locked thread