Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Female Miralukan, Dark Side, Space Republican, One true Love

[Edit:] Added the love interest question.

Also, I've tried to bookmark this thread, but it doesn't come up in my bookmarks list... wtf?

OzCavalier fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Looking great so far. No problems with viewing the screenshots here, so size seems ok.

Only problem I am having is trying to bookmark the thread. For some reason it just does not list in my bookmarked threads list.. I've clicked the link on-and-off-and-back-on at least a dozen times, yet it just will not work? Anyone else having this problem?

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Ablative posted:

Cookies maybe?

Try another thread, and see if that one works.

I don't think it wss cookies, I was able to bookmark other threads without issue.

Ironically just after I posted about my problem I was able to bookmark the thread... so no idea what was going wrong.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Dolash posted:

I wonder if a certain other Jedi's low physical fitness is being referenced?

IIRC, all the Jedi I saw when playing my JK were all Body type 1-3... it's the Sith that seemed to have a inordinate number of Body Type 4s.

Especially Mort's master, Darth Diabeties Baras...

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Actually I quite like the style you've been using Dolosh. IIRC, the whole idea was to have different LP styles for each character within the thread.

Unless there is a huge outcry from everyone, don't change it just because one person has a twist in the panties over you doing your LP in a different style to others. It's YOUR LP, do it the way you planned and intended.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
T7 needs to be Red (just like those red Dark Side points we're accumulating). We still dislike the little mechanical punk though. We only like organic things that we can make sweet (forbidden by the Jedi) love to...

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Guardian for Flashpoint tanking (and because real Jedi only use a single saber... none of this saber-staff or dual-weilding crap :colbert:) with a Blue saber (if T7 is going to be blue, and as a blue Twi-lek, we may as well colour co-ordinate).

{Edit:} If only they had server transfers in this game. I want a character on Dalborra to run Ops etc with you guys (and the Imperial side), but I already have characters on other servers and don't particularly want to roll another new one.... drat you BioWare! Give us server transfers already!! :argh:

OzCavalier fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 2, 2013

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Catsworth posted:

If Jolune goes with Molyneux Atronie will go with Avellone. :colbert:

e: Also I made a Trooper on Dalborra to pester both sides with, named Rill.

Seconding (Thrid?Fifteenth?) the Molyneux Legacy.

Also created a Jedi knight on Dalborra for Republic, named Brah'gon. Anyone else want to list their character names to be added to my friends list? (Also is there a guild like on Imperial side?)

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

quote:

Syreena: He threatened to turn me in to Rogun the Butcher. I had to kill him. Besides, now we can finally be together.

Viidu: Yeah... and the thing is, my cargo hold is full and I'm busy with work. I'll call you some time, though. I promise.

Syreena: What are you talking about? You promised to get me out of here. I've done everything for you, Skavak!

Skavak: You did it for the money, same as me. The only difference is you're not actually getting paid. I'll see you around, darling.

I thought Viidu was dead when this conversation happens with Skavek via holo.....

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Brainamp posted:

: I WILL DESTROY YOU!

I love it! Todessa channelling her inner Jack.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
You know what I love most about this flashpoint?

The NPC soldier who keeps cheering in the background while you're discussing how the airlock attack was a diversion and that the bridge has been captured and security lockdown is in force across the ship. He's all like "YAY!! The bridge has been captured and the Imperials are going to kill us all!"

Mind you, he does stop cheering when 'the Ambassador' and Commander Narlock suggest creating a diversion to allow the PCs to get to Engineering. Suddenly then it's like he realises "oh poo poo.. we're all gunna die..."

[Edit:] And despite all my best efforts I cannot find one video walkthrough where the guy is doing it... I swear though, on every run I've ever done one of the NPC soldiers in the airlock section keeps cheering well after the converstaion starts with Narlock and the 'Ambassador'...

OzCavalier fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 15, 2013

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Agree completely that Kilran is one of the best villains in the game. I've run Esseles with numerous people on 4 different servers, and I've never had a single person say that they thought Kilran was bland and boring (especially compared to later Flashpoint/Operation "bosses".

It's even more amazing that he's considered one of the 'best' villains, and yet you never get to actually fight him.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

MadDogMike posted:

Yeah, it's kind of weighted Light Side unfortunately. Your first response as shown here just ignores the issue if you pick LS. If you pick the non-LS choice you walk through mentioning the guy's plan to her, then you have either a LS choice to take her back (more or less same as shown except she chews the guy out) or DS choice to betray her. Because you have to win multiple conversation choices in order to get the Dark Side option, and most people on Republic go Light Side, in practice I have never seen the DS ending of this flashpoint even with a DS character.

Are you kidding? In all the runs I've ever done of Esseles I'd say a good 80% of them have been the DS ending (leaving the Ambassador behind)... and that's been with mostly jedi winning the converstaion rolls!

MadDogMike posted:

Can you come back to flashpoints at a higher level? Been tempted to solo this with my smuggler to do the DS choice and get the Backstabber title, which goes rather well with a scoundrel sneaking up and shooting people in the back with a shotgun. Can always repeat the thing with LS to make up the points lost.

Yes Esseles is available as a 'Hard mode' Dungeon for higher levels to repeat.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Scoundrel

(It does look rather like a dogpile, doesn't it?)

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Coq au Nandos posted:

I'd never heard of Free Republic until today. I guess I'm not even surprised, it's just kind of sad.

Will try and set it up in a couple of hours. I'll need four other players, I think.

Got that guild set-up yet Nandos?

If not, I'll probably be online for the next hour-and-half or so (it's roughly 2.20pm AEST, so probably until about 4.00pm) if you need an additional name/signature.

[Edit to Add:} be a good idea if I put my character name in the post, eh? Name is Brah'gon

OzCavalier fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 14, 2013

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
About 6 hours? Right-o. I'll see you then.... and anyone else that's along to make the guild.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Gimme a sec to log back in (game logged me out while I was AFK down picking up the missus from work)..

[Edit to Add:] Need just one more person online now (10.05pm AEST, 8.05am US EST)

OzCavalier fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 14, 2013

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Peppermint because big anthropomorphic lizards (Gorn in Star Trek, lizardmen in D&D, etc) are always green ... :colbert:

OzCavalier fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 20, 2013

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Dislike Kira, she's just trying to steal R'andayn's spotlight.

Red Saber for yourself, and give the Bee to Kira.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Coq au Nandos posted:

The Time Bird.

Echoing this (even if it did make me think of the TARDIS before I got the reference..)

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Slightly OT, but is it possible to get a list of names in the Republic LP Guild (and maybe have it added to the OP, or to the LP episode list post) for folks to add to their Friends list to make it easier to get guild invites? It seems I keep missing people being online to get my 4 guys guilded up... :saddowns:

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Xander77 posted:

"left-tenant" irks me so much. Go "right-tenant" instead, why don't you?

It's better than "loo-tenant". :colbert:

(Jesus I hope I don't have to explain that one...)

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Hey, now that everyone's swapped to to the new LP server, and since I was finally able to swap my characters from other servers onto Harbinger as well, can we get a list of everyone's Republic characters on the first page (like they've done on the Imperial LP) so people know who to ask for guild invites?

For the record my (Republic) characters are:
    * Ellestapholisa
    * Brah'gon
    * Kreth'lorr
    * Ja'yara

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

WeaponBoy posted:

Technically, I'm running behind schedule.

Also, I'm a Time Lord.

Lamya Who?

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Just adding this as a heads-up to let folks know, if anyone wants to join the Republic LP Guild, it is Free Republic on the server The Harbinger, provided you can find one of the following members:

LPer's
Qui'nine
Jolune
R'andayn
Todessa

Others
Ellestapholisa
Brah'gon
Chee'tarii
Ja'yara

Note: Be aware that the LPers may not respond immediately to requests as they may be in the middle of running content for future updates. The 'Others' are all my alts, and all have invite privledges (Thanks to Inferior [Jolune]).

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Dooky Dingo posted:

Hell, even then. Bring in a few spectators, charge them a cover and give the Hutts 80% of the profits and they won't bat an eyelash.

Hutts try not to bat eyelashes anyway. Wastes calories.

You don't get that fat by exercising willy-nilly...

[Edit to Add:] ironically an ad for SwolePT was the banner ad when I made this post..

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Dolash posted:

Corso's swearing up and down that one chop-shop doc was right, I must be a Jedi in disguise. Even without a mind trick, my silver tongue can usually get me out of whatever trouble it also gets me into.

Well played, sir. :golfclap:

Just how many places did it get into with that woman we wonder....

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Dislike, just to try to even up the voting...

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Cythereal posted:

I can't help but feel the player base's consensus of "It's a good thing Alderaan got blown up" is not the reaction to that planet that Bioware had hoped to see.

Why can I see BioWare's PR Dept in the background of this post, waving their hand like Obi-wan.......

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
The people of Balmorra can't handle the truth....

(LIE)

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Jazzberry Jam

Just to be a contrarian.... :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Argh. Missed the vote... :(

(I was going to say Like which would have needed a tie-breaker)

• Locked thread