Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Oh man that trailer looks awesome. I can't wait to see Hood vs Chayton! Kinda sucks that Rabbit won't be around though.

This show does everything it does so well; it's 100% appointment viewing for me no matter what other shows might be on. It's just so FUN! I think I'll do a S1 and S2 rewatch to get prepped for the badassery.

I've always intended to check out Strike Back because it looks like something right up my alley. Should I start at the beginning and watch everything or is it safe/recommended to skip some stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pahuyuth posted:

Oh man that trailer looks awesome. I can't wait to see Hood vs Chayton Nola vs Burton!

January cannot come soon enough.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
#TeamNola

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Good LORD yes.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

pahuyuth posted:

I've always intended to check out Strike Back because it looks like something right up my alley. Should I start at the beginning and watch everything or is it safe/recommended to skip some stuff?

Start at the beginning of the cinemax series and watch it all. You can skip the original 6 episode British series, but feel free to watch it at any point anyway because it is a decent series but has little to do with the cinemax seasons.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still think the Hood vs MMA Rapist fight is the apex of fight scenes on television but I hope the Hood vs Chaytum fight surpasses it.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I still think the Hood vs MMA Rapist fight is the apex of fight scenes on television but I hope the Hood vs Chaytum fight surpasses it.

Yeah that fight was the poo poo--Hood was clearly not as skilled as the Sanchez (and was outweighed by Sanchez by at least 50lbs I'm guessing) but also VERY clearly knew how to survive and win despite the odds...that and Hood is tough as nails and can take a lot more punishment than any real, non-TV-character person.

I am looking forward to Hood & Chayton but I am sort of dubious at Hood's chances of even being able to walk away from the fight instead of on a gurney or in a bodybag. Naturally Hood is the protagonist so he will probably win unless the fight happens on the last episode, but the actor who plays Chayton is gigantic, I think a little bigger than Dwayne Johnson even. He mopped the floor with Hood in Season 2, and only got taken down by a propane tank to the back of the head and STILL needed to be choked out, all of this took three people on top of that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

life is killing me posted:

Yeah that fight was the poo poo--Hood was clearly not as skilled as the Sanchez (and was outweighed by Sanchez by at least 50lbs I'm guessing) but also VERY clearly knew how to survive and win despite the odds...that and Hood is tough as nails and can take a lot more punishment than any real, non-TV-character person.

I dunno about him not being skilled. We saw in that fight the first flashback to the fight with the Albino. And we later found out he has special forces training. Sanchez just wasn't expecting much of a fight.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I dunno about him not being skilled. We saw in that fight the first flashback to the fight with the Albino. And we later found out he has special forces training. Sanchez just wasn't expecting much of a fight.

Well, Hood was getting his rear end kicked until he got kicked off the stage and grabbed the bottle. Of course Hood is skilled because he has to be, but as far as raw martial arts skill, I think Sanchez had that over Hood. Hood's advantage was not being constrained by the typical rules of MMA...Hood obviously was taught to fight to survive at all costs, to do whatever he has to do in order to prevail. Sanchez, though, being a professional MMA fighter, was still bound by rules, though it seemed like his character was written to give off the impression that he'd been known to thrown a headbutt or hit below the belt in his day.

I'd like to find out more about Hood and the alleged SF training, because in one episode it sounded to me like he was hinting that he was actually some sort of mercenary or contractor. I wish they'd delve further back into his background, but naturally it wasn't really pertinent to the story thus far, I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm okay with learning more of his past but I never want to know his real name. I want the very last scene of the series to be him saying "My real name is..." and cut to black.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

pahuyuth posted:

Oh man that trailer looks awesome. I can't wait to see Hood vs Chayton! Kinda sucks that Rabbit won't be around though.

This show does everything it does so well; it's 100% appointment viewing for me no matter what other shows might be on. It's just so FUN! I think I'll do a S1 and S2 rewatch to get prepped for the badassery.

I wonder who gets the robot arm?

Buddy, find some time, grab a beer and watch Strike Back. You can start from the beginning but it doesn't really make that much of a difference.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'm okay with learning more of his past but I never want to know his real name. I want the very last scene of the series to be him saying "My real name is..." and cut to black.

I agree. No purpose in knowing his real name. He is known only as Lucas Hood, a Dead Guy. Then again, just because they do a flashback to his military/contractor days doesn't mean the name they use for him then is even real...especially in the SF community, dudes like SEALs and Delta Force often get prices on their heads IRL.

But I do remember one thing, a vignette maybe? where the police had him in custody and they couldn't find out who he was.

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

But I do remember one thing, a vignette maybe? where the police had him in custody and they couldn't find out who he was.

Maybe you're thinking of the Banshee Origins, which are prequels they put online. He's interrogated and the cop says they can't find info on him since he's a "ghost," and guesses he must have special forces training.

http://www.welcometobanshee.com

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Cocoa Ninja posted:

Maybe you're thinking of the Banshee Origins, which are prequels they put online. He's interrogated and the cop says they can't find info on him since he's a "ghost," and guesses he must have special forces training.

http://www.welcometobanshee.com

Ah yes, that was it. Thanks.

Maybe he DOES have SF training, but now I see that as conjecture by a character it may or may not be true. He certainly DOES know how to survive, but to overanalyze the poo poo out of this, one of the origins episodes shows him being trained by Job to hot wire a car. Many jobs that are designated as special operations, specifically anti-terrorism jobs, teach that and many other things.

I'm thinking contractor, because in the last episode in S1, Carrie asks him something similar to "You were in the military?" and he goes, "Something like that" or something like that.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Ah yes, that was it. Thanks.

Maybe he DOES have SF training, but now I see that as conjecture by a character it may or may not be true. He certainly DOES know how to survive, but to overanalyze the poo poo out of this, one of the origins episodes shows him being trained by Job to hot wire a car. Many jobs that are designated as special operations, specifically anti-terrorism jobs, teach that and many other things.

I'm thinking contractor, because in the last episode in S1, Carrie asks him something similar to "You were in the military?" and he goes, "Something like that" or something like that.

I can't remember but doesn't he end up getting help during the season finale of that gun dealer he knew during his special forces days?

His past is a mystery but I don't think they ever hid the fact he did even worse things while in the military.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Hood has definitely had some sort of extensive combat training in the past. He seems very skilled, and I feel like that's been strongly hinted at, like other characters have commented on it for example.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He was obviously Nathan Drake.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

I can't remember but doesn't he end up getting help during the season finale of that gun dealer he knew during his special forces days?

His past is a mystery but I don't think they ever hid the fact he did even worse things while in the military.

Right, it was the gun dealer, IIRC, that made Carrie ask Hood if he was in the military, and then he said, "Something like that."

I never deleted any episodes of Banshee so I have two full seasons. I'll have to go back and watch that season finale.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
There was a shot of a mechanical or robot looking hand. Maybe it was Hoods?

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
It looks like Hood is tied to the chair in the metal hand scene. It looks like he's wearing the same shirt as when he's being pushed through the trap door of the semi trailer.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

LoG posted:

It looks like Hood is tied to the chair in the metal hand scene. It looks like he's wearing the same shirt as when he's being pushed through the trap door of the semi trailer.

:ohdear:

Although he will probably need a robot arm/hand to beat up Chayton the Gigantic loving Native American.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Paging Surreal Windmill! What can ya tell us about working on this season?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know this is TMZ level gossip. But on the Youtube trailer comments someone said they work(ed) on the show. Saying that season 4 is a go and they start filming in New Orleans in March.

Isn't there a goon with such knowledge?

^^ yer!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That Hozier trailer is completely unavailable now; does anyone have a copy of it? It got me so hyped for the next season and I want to watch it again.

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

That Hozier trailer is completely unavailable now; does anyone have a copy of it? It got me so hyped for the next season and I want to watch it again.

This happened last season, too -- HBO marketing used a song in a Banshee trailer for another show (last year was GOT) and they re-upload the Banshee trailer with a new song. Can't use the same song twice and confuse the plebs. Not sure who is using Hozier but surely another HBO show.

If you can find the old version I'd be curious, it was cool.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
For some reason I remembered it being longer, but here's this:
http://www.movieweb.com/tv/TV9OYT5DpiPNdg/season-3-sins-rebecca-trailer

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Watched the third season trailer with a friend, he was :aaaaa: and is now determined to catch up (his wife stopped watching after Sheriff Hood tore the MMA dickhead's hand apart with gusto and glee, such savage glee). Hooray for next Friday!

bou
Aug 3, 2006

I recently caught up on S1 on DVD and i think my favourite scene in the whole series to day is when the MMA fighter threatens Hood with "i'm gonna find you!" and Hood screams back with absolute crazyface something like "I'm not hard to find, i'm the one with the sirens on the car!".

Really looking forward to when Hood rips that Nazi-rear end in a top hat apart who killed Emmet and his wife :clint: :redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Oh, is it that time already? Here, have a new thread. I'm worried that it's a bit too info-dumpy, but I hope you enjoy it all the same.

• Locked thread