Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Hood constantly looks like he's got dip in his mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delightful Tonka Truck
Nov 20, 2004

Banshee needs to think about hiring more than 4 cops.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dude there were no boobs for almost an entire episode. Is this a record?

Another strong episode though. Damned excited for whatever goes down with Rabbit next week.

Delightful Tonka Truck
Nov 20, 2004

Bown posted:

Dude there were no boobs for almost an entire episode. Is this a record?

Another strong episode though. Damned excited for whatever goes down with Rabbit next week.

There are boobs in the credits, so every episode has boobs early. The credits are actually kind of interesting but I haven't figured them all out yet. Lucas and Carrie have the moth and the flame, Sugar has a boxer being counted out, Rebecca has a bloody knife, Brock has the badge, and Deva has the two pictures of her mom. Those all seem pretty obvious, but Gordon and Kai's are a little confusing. Gordon has a knife and a gun, is he a veteran? Is he going to turn to violence when he finds out about Lucas? And I can't tell what the girl in Kai's picture is holding.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I think the pictures in the credits are different every time, took me a while to notice that though.

Delightful Tonka Truck
Nov 20, 2004

Wandle Cax posted:

I think the pictures in the credits are different every time, took me a while to notice that though.
Oh really? Wow, I never even paid much attention to them till this last episode, that's neat.

Fakebacon
Nov 7, 2009

Tinzen posted:

Oh really? Wow, I never even paid much attention to them till this last episode, that's neat.

Some of them are the same but are progressing (the chess game is moving foward move by move, the wedding photo is being slowly destroyed, the gun is being put together a piece at a time)

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
You can see all the title credits here and they explain what each new photo they have that episode means here:

http://www.welcometobanshee.com/vault.html

Code for the vault is 42 15 68.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So does every villain on this show have to rape or threaten to rape someone? I get it, they're evil, but it's kind of awful and ridiculous.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Finally watched the latest episode. The Albino was so good, I knew he'd be dead by the end of the episode but all of his scenes were so creepy and great. The ending seemed a bit abrupt but everything else was good.

So brutal when Hood drops the weight on that pasty gently caress's neck.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

kilus aof posted:

You can see all the title credits here and they explain what each new photo they have that episode means here:

I absolutely love the intro of this show and the theme by Methodic Doubt.

Delightful Tonka Truck
Nov 20, 2004

kilus aof posted:

That's pretty interesting, thanks. They didn't have an explanation for the gun yet, but I assume when it gets completed they will, like the knife. Or it will make sense from the show.

According to one of the producers, even the combination has a meaning, the 15 is the years Lucas was in prison, the 68 is Revelations 6:8, but the 42 hasn't been revealed yet.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wish strike back producers put this much effort in, cinemax is obviously onboard with this type of thing

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Banshee has Balls. That's the thing.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Huge, brass balls.

I love this show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
DUDE, that was some fist fight with Olek.

Super hot native american girl... win

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 2, 2013

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Rocksicles posted:

DUDE, that was some fist fight with Olek.

If it had gone 2 minutes longer it would have rivaled They Live for most exhausting fight on screen.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.
That was an eventful morning. Anyways, Anna being that hurt is an excellent cover story as to were she was when her husband woke up. Silver lining ?

Delightful Tonka Truck
Nov 20, 2004

Kai being the kind, supportive uncle quickly took a turn to the creepy.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Tinzen posted:

Kai being the kind, supportive uncle quickly took a turn to the creepy.

All his scenes with Rebecca are creepy as hell. Kai is an interesting character, being rejected by his Amish family and now the Indian tribe as well really got to him. In the hospital you could not really see the old tribal leader and I guess Russell Means (he was also in Last of the Mohicans and passed away in October last year) was too ill to be filming.

In the intro page on the website they show the chess game in the intro is the famous http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evergreen_Game where we are now two moves from white winning after the sacrifice of the queen shown in the episode 5 credits. This whole episode was really strong, apart from the brutal fight there was the great scene with Deva and Gordon and the power of the Amish and their silent rejection. I hope the show does not take the easy way out by having Gordon sacrifice himself when the big showdown comes, with the rifle being assembled in the credits next to his name it sure seems to be going towards that.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I really wish the albino guy could've stayed around. He was an awesome villan.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:
Just marathoned through the episodes. This show is brutal, nasty, all but exploitative and hardcore, but its also legitimately interesting, fascinating, well written and well acted.

Such a great cast full of interesting characters, and I can't wait to have them fist fight each other to death and throw themselves through a dozen windows, what a show.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It is isn't it!

It's weird that more folk haven't jumped on board. Maybe it's the sex?

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Well two more episodes for the season. Then I have to wait till next year for more Kai the Evil Amish show.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

osietra posted:

It is isn't it!

It's weird that more folk haven't jumped on board. Maybe it's the sex?
If we go by the example of Spartacus then the problem is that Banshee don't have enough slow motion scene. The rest seems on cue.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

It probably doesn't help that it airs on a Friday night (I'm in Australia so I think that's the case).

My friend told me about it and I've been pretty well hooked since the first episode.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dantes posted:

If we go by the example of Spartacus then the problem is that Banshee don't have enough slow motion scene. The rest seems on cue.

It seems to be a Cinemax issue, they have an image problem in the US. Strike Back is fantastic, Banshee is fantastic.

But it's been a softcore channel for a long time. It's good they are still supporting these shows with the budgets and creative license, they are really up there with the quality they produce. Starz and Cinemax have got a good thing going atm.

I'm in Australia and Cinemax doesn't exist here.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:
The last episode was another great one, not nearly as good as the Anastasia VS Oleg fight, but it had a great cliff hanger, the climax is gonna be loving awesome, can't wait until next friday.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
So I heard that they aired a behind the scenes type sneak peek for Strike Back after Friday's episode. Did anyone catch that, and can they describe what was in it? I've been waiting for word on the new season since October when they announced it, and I haven't been able to find any mention of this sneak peek on youtube or the Cinemax site.

I'm also really excited for this finale. Banshee was a show that took me a couple of tries to get past the first ten minutes, but I'm really glad I did. This is some fantastic television, and I'm really sad that it's just about over for the year.

VVV Right?

KatWithHands fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 12, 2013

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
need... strike...back...promo...

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Alright, I return to answer my own request, but here's the teaser promo for the next season of Strike Back! I can only assume it was the one that played after last week's Banshee?

The week passed so quickly, it's almost over :(

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that was some epic poo poo.

That's how you end a season.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 16, 2013

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I love this show.

2014. That's forever away.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Show really grew on me. Enjoyed the hell out of it.

Who was that kid who was blown up in the hotel at the end though?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The mayor. The guy who was obsessed with taking down Proctor and brought the real Hood to Banshee.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Tinzen posted:

According to one of the producers, even the combination has a meaning, the 15 is the years Lucas was in prison, the 68 is Revelations 6:8, but the 42 hasn't been revealed yet.

On the Banshee website the final credits clip links to another clip revealing what the numbers mean. It was indeed the 15 years, Revelations 6:8 and the 42 is the number of deaths in the season. And 22 of them happen in the last episode.

I'm still not quite sure how they made a show so utterly trashy so compelling. From the build up I had expected at least one of the major characters to die but Gordon and the kids leaving has at least as much an impact.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
This has been one of the most unexpectedly enjoyable shows for me lately. Even as I received my regular weekly dosage of Spartacus, Justified and Southland I found myself looking forward to this just as much if not more. Bring on Season 2! Now wondering if I should try watching Strike Back.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Crappers posted:

This has been one of the most unexpectedly enjoyable shows for me lately. Even as I received my regular weekly dosage of Spartacus, Justified and Southland I found myself looking forward to this just as much if not more. Bring on Season 2! Now wondering if I should try watching Strike Back.

Strike Back is a fantastic show and I would definitely recommend it. It doesn't take itself seriously and has a ton of great one liners. It's tough to pick my favorite moment in the series but one of the better moments was one of the main characters shoots the main bad guy and then calls him a "loving pussy" for wearing kevlar.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gonna have to catch up to the thread when I catch up to the show but, just started this. Just watched the bar scene in the first episode.

:stare:

What have I gotten myself into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
:stare: I don't care how unrealistic this is, this show is loving awesome.

That rapist surely regrets his decision now.

• Locked thread