Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
agreed, my woman gets a wet spot for her too. I love Banshee and Spartacus night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deadpool posted:

This is also the first Cinemax show I've seen that actually looks well made. As if the people making it know how to actually make a TV and shoot it well.

Never watched Strike Back then?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
if you havent seen these its worth checking

http://www.welcometobanshee.com/episodes/episode_1.html

also source the prequel comic, it is the story of the events leading up to the robbery of the Diamonds.

Check out your man in his native New Zealand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibew-vGffH0

Team BBQ Sauce.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 12, 2013

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
We talking about the co production Strike Back, not the original with Richard Armatidge ?

The new one is freaking brilliant.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seriously... how does this suck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx0IF-qtSUs

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hahaha, cool i'm down for that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah Alan Ball likes his tough fighting gay men, in ladies clothes.

he's already in Banshee, he turned up at the end of the second last episode and he was in the last one casing an armoured car. He met Butch

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 13, 2013

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do it, this show deserves a strong opening post, put in the links for the prequel comic and the prequel episodes from the website. they really open up the story

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah hes british English

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 18, 2013

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wish strike back producers put this much effort in, cinemax is obviously onboard with this type of thing

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
DUDE, that was some fist fight with Olek.

Super hot native american girl... win

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 2, 2013

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dantes posted:

If we go by the example of Spartacus then the problem is that Banshee don't have enough slow motion scene. The rest seems on cue.

It seems to be a Cinemax issue, they have an image problem in the US. Strike Back is fantastic, Banshee is fantastic.

But it's been a softcore channel for a long time. It's good they are still supporting these shows with the budgets and creative license, they are really up there with the quality they produce. Starz and Cinemax have got a good thing going atm.

I'm in Australia and Cinemax doesn't exist here.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
need... strike...back...promo...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that was some epic poo poo.

That's how you end a season.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 16, 2013

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Concur :colbert: The sex is awesome, quit ragging on the sex. Anything that gets sexy rear end chicks with their tits out on my tv has got my vote.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Albino on the deck of the Enterprise in Star Trek Deuce.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Go and find Outrageous Fortune and tell me Anthony Starr isn't a great actor :colbert: He played twins for about 7 seasons with his awesome Auckland accent

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Narcissus1916 posted:

So I watched the pilot and didn't love it. I found the premise of the town to be pretty great, and a lot of the ancillary characters seem interesting, but the actual plotting and protagonist definitely dragged it down.

Does the show find a higher gear relatively quickly?

somewhere around the Albino introduction, it goes full balls out

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did you guys not watch the origins? The Field episode has Rebecca basically getting all sexy with herself in a field while being spied on by an Amishulk, who produces a knife, then runs off.

Fans of Rebecca should watch it.

Roundboy posted:

The rabbits daughter seems to have some moves, but I'm not sure if that was from the past or her training with the guy in town.

It was pretty obvious from last season while she was fighting Olek that she has trained in Samba or a tv like version of samba/krav. Olek even mentioned that she had been practicing, but she still hit like a girl

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 26, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Job, pronounced, Jobe

I kinda like Burton, or Smithers. He gets it done right.

Although i've been a big fan of Antony Starr for a number of years, he's such a great actor. He crushes this role.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jan 29, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Loved it, the sniper scene was all kinds of brilliant.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
:aaaaa:

That more than made up for last weeks slowish episode. Holy gently caress.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Odette has to be back, right? guys?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
:filez:

yeah mine did too.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rebecca... "I said God drat! :flashfap:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yodzilla posted:

loving he yes that episode ruled. Job's opening action sequence is a goddamn series highlight too.

:aaaaa: :stare:

That was some opening.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
They were, they can't outright state something about someone they know nothing about

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
They'd have state police around as well, surely. Aren't Sheriff's departments employed by the county?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
homeboy had a black eye and a broken nose, you could see it when he was firing. The guy who kicked Mrs Emmet in the baby factory

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

life is killing me posted:

One of the skinheads. Retribution, I guess.

And whoever was thinking that Hood had SF training, seems you were right based on the conversation he had with Carrie/Anastasia. The big black dude called him "Soldier Boy," then Hood told Carrie/Anastasia that he had been a soldier, but not exactly, when she asked him about it. My guess is SEAL/SF/Delta/Paramilitary. I don't know what else what he said could mean other than some kind of black ops poo poo, besides a maybe mercenary, which seems kind of likely.

If he was ex military, they'd have his finger prints or at least a photo. He wouldn't have been a ghost in prison for 15 years.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that's what i meant but couldn't be hosed typing it all out. Keyboard is dropping in and out.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i refuse to watch it. Until i get some Burton episodes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope they don't go into it, I was actually disappointed they said as much as they did

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rebecca ‎Ivana Miličević in that hat... :gizz:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got renewed in January, so i'd expect January again for season 4 renewal

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think both of those two ^^ are under valuing how good Strike Back actually is.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rick Grimes with his native accent, worth watching imo

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He was obviously Nathan Drake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know this is TMZ level gossip. But on the Youtube trailer comments someone said they work(ed) on the show. Saying that season 4 is a go and they start filming in New Orleans in March.

Isn't there a goon with such knowledge?

^^ yer!

• Locked thread