Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm rather enjoying this series so far. And the linked fight scene is probably the most brutal I've ever seen on television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Last episode was really great. Nice insight into Girl Deputy's personality. I rather enjoyed her dropping it on Hood that she already expects them to hook up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey OP, if I write up a nice summary will you replace your low content post?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

osietra posted:

Absolutely!

Sweet, on it in a bit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Conquistador posted:

:stare: I don't care how unrealistic this is, this show is loving awesome.

That rapist surely regrets his decision now.

That fight scene was unreal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Surreal Windmill posted:

hey I just wanted to tag this topic. I work on the show, feel free to ask me anything I ill answer within reason (no spoilers).

We have two weeks left of principal filming for season 2, then we splinter off for a week to NYC for the finale.

The wrap party for s2 was yesterday, we had a screening of s2e2 and I just have to say wow. loving wow. Like the first season was just kind of a fun show, that was really inconsistent untill about episode 6, then it got better. The episode I watched yesterday blew my mind how good it was. All the actors specifically stepped it up Ulrich (Proctors) tiniest mannerisms are loving amazing. Its such a drat shame no one gets cinemax, but season 2 is going to be quality. The episode I watched was better than anything in the first season (save maybe, uhm was it episode 7 with the school hostages? That was good TV).

edit: please dont shoot me greg, ill behave (he's everywhere! haha, great guy)

I think additionally we're so much more organized (thank god) this season. Last season we shot the most random order (I believe it was, 4, 2/5 same time, 1, 3/6 same time, 7, 8 9, 10?) which just just killed the shows consistency, especially 4 being such a bad episode. 2/5 being... kind of out of place with really throw away characters (2 being the rave 5 being the kindred). 1 was okay, but there was too much to set up for a show of this girth, idk how else you would do it. 3 was good (sanchez, the mma fighter) but 6 (the motherfucking albino) was, hell IS, banshee. All my opinion btw.

Glad to see our SFX department score an emmy nom, they deserve it.

Sorry for typos, bad... uh... grammar or something, I'm stupidly hung over from the wrap party. It was weird I got kind of emotional watching that episode, I have never worked so hard in my life (Banshee is a hard loving show to work on).

But yeah feel free to ask me anything (again I wont spoil anything or talk bad about an actor or something, that'd be very unprofessional, and I did not work on episode 4 which is our pilot) please get your friends and SO's and family hooked on this show because s2 is gonna be loving good television, andI have NO DOUBT in my mind s3 is going to happen.

edit 2: oh and, this is just conjecture, but I kind of think they hated that they killed off some "monsters of the week" bad guys. The albino was too good, havin ghim show up in Banshee would have been an amazing call back say in s3 or s4 if they do it. That being said, someone above the line definitely felt out how good certain bad guys were and don't outright kill them, which is p cool. It's still a very much monster of the week show (if you dont know what I mean, there's the over-arching plot but each episode has a "monster" ep 1: Moody Brothers 2: toby the ecstacy dealer 3: sanchez the mma fighter 4: moody brothers revenge 5: the kindred biker gang 6: albino/wicks 7: school hostage dudes 8: olek 9: rabbbit pt 1 10 rabbit pt 2... see?) but the "monsters" arent necessarily cut and dry just for 1 episode (sometimes they are, but at least the awesome ones survive..... and maybe even get revenge? ;) ).

You are now obligated to make the season 2 thread and fill it with insider info.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
At the very least I need to do that new OP I said I was going to do months ago and we need a new thread title.

Jesus, when's the new season air, I'm in serious need here!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One of the best aspects of this show is that Hood is not invincible like so many other protagonists. The progressive beat down by the tribal security was fantastic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheBigBad posted:

I don't know. I like it because he is pretty much invincible. Most people would have gone down at the first encounter.

It seems the wearing down was simply a dramatic device so that Annable could take him easily. Those two will have a knock down drag out and it will be epic and hopefully mostly naked.

What I meant is he took a shitload of damage along the way. Like when he fought the MMA Dick in season one.

Speaking of which, can anyone check and see where that fight was? Was that also on the Reservation and if so how was Hood able to exercise power then but not in the new ep?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redweird posted:

Hood is good at fighting but has no formal training, his best asset is probably that he can take rude amounts of punishment and still keep fighting.

Anyone think this new season is funnier than last season? Last two eps have made me laugh, but not in a shocked coping way because of the violence.

You need to see Banshee Origins. After his arrest 15 years ago the interviewing Detective says that the way he took down the police it's obvious that he was in some military branch and has had special forces training.

Plus look how he handles himself with the MMA fighter, he knows how to handle himself.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was a killer episode, I hope Deputy Hotness doesn't get killed off.

So maybe I'm trying to read into things a bit too much but does anyone think the numbers the safe dial spin to in the credits have any significance?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I never even thought to check out the show's website. Thanks guys!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Surreal Windmill posted:

Officially renewed for Season 3.

Hell yes. This is currently my second favorite show behind Justified.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VDay posted:

One of the writers/producers/showrunners watched Drive apparently.

That was what I thought and it's not a bad thing. Loved this episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

life is killing me posted:

Haha yeah, it's easy to think about it and go, "I could totally do that in fight" without realizing that moves like that are pulled off by dudes who have trained so much that they do said moves on pretty much muscle memory.

I think Hood is more of a scrappy/dirty fighter who knows a few legit moves, though, rather than a guy who has been training all his life. The fight with Sanchez in S1E3 comes to mind as an example--he was getting his rear end kicked by Sanchez who was clearly better trained and had better technique, and Hood really only won by fighting dirty. Also, Sanchez had the advantage of being able to counter from a defensive standpoint, which is usually a better position to be in during a fight. Hood had to attack and Sanchez seemed to see it all coming.

Hood fights to survive and Sanchez was fighting pretty much within the rules of his sport, which is why Sanchez lost.

Listen to me, waxing goon on choreographed fights in a TV show...

They outright state in Banshee Origins that Hood has had obviously Special Forces training.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WarLocke posted:

It might be me having high expectations, but Hood doesn't fight like I would expect a Special Forces guy to. He fights dirty, likw I would expect if he learned in the streets/in jail.

He spent 15 years in jail, obviously his fighting style has evolved. He now knows Weight-FU.

Edit: "Lucas Hood" has to be close to 40 if he's the same age as Anna/Carrie. So 25 when he went in. He could have joined the military at 18 and been tracked for SF immediately. There's plenty of time for him to have been trained "by someone's military" as was stated in Origins.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 10, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cactus posted:

Did I miss a specific moment where Deva finds out about Hood being her dad or can I just assume she either heard the shouting match outside the house or was told off-screen by her step-dad? Hood seemed to look pretty surprised that she knew when I'd have thought that would be a given, unless she found out by herself and everyone thought she still didn't know.

Anna/Carrie told Gordon in episode 2x09, we can assume he told her or she heard them yelling.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cactus posted:

That's what I thought, but that then led me on to be puzzled as to why it was presented as a Big Reveal - season-ending - and the cause of a surprised look from Hood when yeah, she found out a while ago.

It wasn't a while ago? All the adults knew but Deva found out like, maybe 4 days before that scene.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not counting Emmet out until we see a funeral. He could survive somehow and become a Nazi-Killing revenge machine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LoG posted:

A Nazi hunting cyborg hell bent on revenge.

There's been less crazy poo poo in this show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay, no more retarded poo poo okay?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

So Hoon Lee was in an episode of The Blacklist last night and though he was talking normally and not flamboyant, I couldn't help but imagine him channeling Job in his every line. That episode was a lot better for it.

gently caress, he's such a good actor.

He's the voice of Splinter in the new TMNT cartoon and I can barely believe it, he's got a totally different voice.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yodzilla posted:

If you listen to his post-Banshee episode interviews his normal speaking voice is manly as gently caress. Dude owns.

Are you insinuating that Job isn't manly as gently caress?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DP made some of the best series threads to ever grace the TV IV. And he's the other huge fan of LIFE on these forums. Just that little bit of info makes me look forward to his S3 thread.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still think the Hood vs MMA Rapist fight is the apex of fight scenes on television but I hope the Hood vs Chaytum fight surpasses it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yeah that fight was the poo poo--Hood was clearly not as skilled as the Sanchez (and was outweighed by Sanchez by at least 50lbs I'm guessing) but also VERY clearly knew how to survive and win despite the odds...that and Hood is tough as nails and can take a lot more punishment than any real, non-TV-character person.

I dunno about him not being skilled. We saw in that fight the first flashback to the fight with the Albino. And we later found out he has special forces training. Sanchez just wasn't expecting much of a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm okay with learning more of his past but I never want to know his real name. I want the very last scene of the series to be him saying "My real name is..." and cut to black.

• Locked thread