Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Grogsy posted:

The na version that is on steam cannot be added anymore, if you are not from na, as it has become region locked (some time ago actually)

It would appear however you can still add it through steamdb.
https://steamdb.info/app/323370/

Its installing right now, hope it works :)
Steam (or enmasse/gameforge?) seems to not give a poo poo about smaller EU countries. My friend from Latvia could install TERA on steam after the region locks came in. If you can see the store page, you aren't locked. http://store.steampowered.com/app/323370/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Heads up. Check your emails, you might have a code for 500 free EMP. Code expires 17th of april.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I know not many people play it anymore but for those who dip in and out they're releasing Ninjas tomorrow, and they're doing another one of their big leveling events:

12: Goddess's Blessing (×1), 100% XP boost (10 hours) (×1)
20: 1-day non-tradable Elite Status Voucher (×1)
30: Sapphire (×3), tier 2 feedstock (×50), tier 3 Feedstock (×50), 100% XP boost (10 hours) (×1)
40: Experience Points (Level 40) (×1), Fine Hardy Pentant (×1)
45: Fine Hardy Pentant (×4), Experience Points (Level 45) (×1)
50: Fine Hardy Concach (×4), Experience Points (Level 50) (×1)
55: Fine Hardy Concach (×4), Experience Points (Level 50) (×1), Sapphire (×5)
60: Fine Hardy Crux (×4), Emerald (×2)
65: Hardy Niveot (×4), special costume or weapon skin
Brawler: Black Powerpulse Fists (weapon skin)
Gunner: Thetan Will Suit (costume)
Reaper: Scoundrel's Scythes (weapon skin)
All other classes: Nightforge PvP weapon skin

That doesn't count the extra stuff you'll get if you have a buddy-up code either, which gets you a ton more exp and convenience items.

Also there's day-one titles for reaching X level before Wednesday ends which are literally the titles from Naruto (58 – Genin, 60 – Chuunin, 65 – Jounin).

Apparently Ninja is even stronger than Gunner/Brawler, which sounds loving insane.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 16, 2016

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Logged in last night to get patches before the ninja update, how long has Mount Tyrannas been empty goddamn.

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006
Ninja is actually really entertaining. I reinstalled just for that and absolutely love it, other than the whole Elin thing. Flows really well and is a walking wrecking ball like brawler.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Liver Disaster posted:

Logged in last night to get patches before the ninja update, how long has Mount Tyrannas been empty goddamn.
Do you mean the server or the old SA guild? Because whenever I've logged on the server has been hopping. Like any other MMO though activity is mainly kept to major hubs and areas where dailies/quests are located. It's going to be a little weird for a few days maybe as people are mainly leveling the new class and so the 'main' questing/grinding areas will be clogged with ninjas.

The game may have dumped you in either a fresh channel or you may have logged on immediately after the servers came back up after a hiccup.

Edit: Also if anyone wants a buddyup code on Mount Tyrannus for their ninja just use 'Pierson#1791'. I get a balling wolf and charms, you get exp boosts and scrolls used to instantly level up.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 18, 2016

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
Is there a guild on MT anymore?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

wylker posted:

Is there a guild on MT anymore?

Based on the population of this thread, I doubt it.

What are the most useful cash purchases? Everything seems to have a X day window and is not a permanent feature. Rather then buying $15 worth of stuff (mounts, QT items, exp/gold boosts) is it better to just sub for 1 month and see how I like it?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I wouldn't bother subbing. Most of the bonuses of Elite status are based around either endgame rep/gold grinding or convenience (travel, endgame instance resets). Right now the current leveling month means getting to 12 gets you a 10-hour double-exp token (equivalent to Elite status) and if you hit 20 you get a voucher for a free day of Elite status. If you use a Buddyup code too you get a month-long exp scroll (which works AS WELL AS the Elite/regular exp boost scrolls) and some other stuff too (oh hey look, there's one posted just a few posts ago!). If you use Buddyup on a character you like (can only use one code per month or something), you'll basically have 300% exp from monsters until June.

The cash store in this game is pretty anemic tbh. Mostly it's about costumes and skins and a little convenience. Even their 'starter' pack is pretty useless, just a character slot, bank tabs and another exp scroll.

RobertDanger
Dec 4, 2003
Here comes danger!

Looking to try this out again and see what is new. Does anyone have a buddyup code I could use?

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.

RobertDanger posted:

Looking to try this out again and see what is new. Does anyone have a buddyup code I could use?

I've got one on Mount Tyrranus its Wylkeroo#1302

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

korofrog
Dec 15, 2006
smell my face!!!
So I decided to check out the new ninja class. Do any goons still play?

• Locked thread