Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

So anyone playing on the EU server? My good friend bought the game at launch and he plays there, so I ended up buying a key for the EU version to play with him(because the ques are insane and more character slots is nice). If there are any in similar situation maybe we could band up to make a guild?

E: Also the EU general chat doesn't seem to be as horrible as the examples in this thread, its just mostly really stupid so I turned it off anyway.

Demicol fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Velveteen posted:

I have an elf, human, and an elin and I haven't used a single cast-able racial once. Mostly because its on a one hour cooldown and I never cast because I forget I even have it. And secondly its not really important enough to fit on my completely full skill bar. Just pick a race for looks.

I find my self using the "Teleport to Velika" skill quite often, saves on the boring bird flights.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

What do the emeralds do? The ones that you get when you enter the code in backwards?

What code? Or is this an US only thing?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Tarq posted:

What is the queue time like for subs? I rolled a character on the new PVP server to see if I liked the game, and thinking of coming to the Goon server once he hits 20. But, my playtime is limited so queuing sucks for me.

At least on EU version it was about 30 minutes at worst on the most popular pvp server, when I only had the sub active. The estimate time/# of people in queue was usually pretty correct instead of just being an arbitrary number that you watch jump a bunch of numbers up when the paying members get to go ahead of you.

Edit:
Can someone explain the purpose of Master Leash to me? Is it just supposed to be used on a second monster after leashing one or does it have some other function?

Demicol fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 17, 2013

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

From my experience with dyes in game, it isn't a flat 7 days period and then the item is gone, it's 7 days played in-game. Or at least, I think it is.

Yeah this is correct. Its 7 days (168 hours) of gameplay time.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

There is a "unstuck" button somewhere in the menu.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I keep finding weird graphical glitches, finally remembered to upload my screenshots

This happens a lot. It seem if you use the forward dash attack (forgot name) while out of combat and fall of a ledge or run into something at a specific time or angle, the effect stays until you use another skill.

No idea what I did to make this happen, the weapons stayed out during normal animations so they clipped trough the model in weird ways.

Blocking without a shield.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

So I decided to try that out of bounds trick, there is pretty easy to spot section of the wall surrounding SM you can hop over (and you CAN get back in the normal area from a different spot). After running under water for a while, you come to a ledge where the map just seems to end. I jumped down and after spending about 3 minutes hitting jump, watching my character fall for ~15-20 seconds and repeating, I eventually landed at the bottom of the map where you cant jump or use any skills, not even summon your mount. I hit Unstuck and got sent to Cutthroat Harbor.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Remember you can cancel almost any skill with the shield block, if you are in the middle of an animation and see the boss about to do something, just hit block. Stunning the boss will make it cancel and forget what it was about to do, if you're good at reading the bosses hit it with a Shield Bash when its about to do something really bad. Later on this also works with the Leash, I forget at what level you get it.
At least on my experience pulling many mobs at once in the later dungeons can lead to bad things, just slap one with leash from far to get its and its friends attention.

Demicol fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 21, 2013

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

It's three weeks, but you have to pay "policy points" to change the settings, I don't know how you get more of them or how much you start with, though, the official site doesn't say.
Still, this is really funny. Hope you got more of those angry messages saved up.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Must be because you turned off PVP in Lumbertown.

Seriously though, sounds pretty bad if characters are going missing.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

FirstPersonShitter posted:

How does the whole armour remodelling thing? I want to use my low level armour as my appearance because my new armour is ugly as poo poo, how do I do it?

You need the armor you want the looks of to say "eligible as template" then talk to the Equipment Remodeler, you can talk to a guard to find out where s/he is, then you put in first the armor you want to actually use, then the one you want the looks off. This will destroy the latter one and make the former look like it.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

FirstPersonShitter posted:

If i buy a month of elite then cancel it will my account keep the extra character slots?

You only get more character slots if you buy a copy of the game, or trough the cash shop.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, it is. I'm level 52 now and that ice area has been the highlight for me so far in terms of scenery. Though from what I've seen the level 53 instance seems really pretty too, looking forward to it.

Excuse the random players/mobs.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Totalizator posted:

I'm pretty sure Golden Labirynth has trash that ignore the aggro table.

Really? When I first ran it the mobs were two levels above me and I just thought they were "resisting" my agro generation or something. This is really bullshit, then.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Speaking of gear, my current lance has 2x 8% attack speed and 2x 13,5% more aggro on it at +7. It's about 5 levels bellow me at lvl 55 but I really don't know if I should replace it with a new one for more damage because I can't find anything that compares to it enchantment wise.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

They patched the elite-boost abuse. There's now a 10 minute cooldown on them.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Its really strange how I haven't seen anything like that in the EU version. At most people use Area chat to ask for groups or whine about PK's and I have had it always on. I did turn off the global chat at around level 20 because people were just really stupid. Maybe Europeans are just not so weird/creepy by nature.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I have sorcerer and what I do is agro a large group of mobs, run away for bit then turn around and start casting the big AoE fire thingy you get pretty early on, I think before you get to go to Sinistral Manor, then just backstep a lot while casting other stuff. Sometimes this leads to me accidentally running into even more mobs and dying.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Acidian posted:

If any EU brosefs want to hook up, some friends and I are playing on the Fraya (pve) server. I would like to play on US again, but my experience with playing on US servers with goons is that I end up playing to 4-5am way too often on work nights. So unless the european community descides to all roll on a US sever, I will have to stay on these crap eu servers.

I'll transfer a character over from Killian, what level are you guys?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Acidian posted:

I am only level 20, the other goons I know are only mid levels. So don't transfer if you expect end game stuff. Not sure about flipswitch and co. though. Still, the more goons the better.

I was asking just so I know which one to take, even if its only lvl 16 that's 16 levels I don't have to do.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Why is this game so buggy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I made a guild for me and a couple friends (who are not goons) on EU, Killian. If any EU goon's want to join it I guess I could post the info if there isn't any "official" guild. Some other guys also had a guild on different server but I never got around to joining that.

• Locked thread