Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aureon
Jul 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
On lagtalk:
As i understand, under non-extreme circumstances (packet loss), all combat and movement (yes, there may be rubberbanding on 500+ ms) are client-side buffered, and even 1000+ ms or a SERVER CRASHING don't really impact it. So, EU goons, fear not the lag and play on NA.
Lag is noticed on protected functions (anything related to items, entity spawn/despawn, death, and such - playing a mystic in high lag is frustrating, because everything works properly, except dropping balls.

On unrelated: I used to bot/goldsell heavily on tera EU, and for that gameforge banned my whole friendlist, of which only 1 or 2 were involved at all in the operation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aureon
Jul 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Pierson posted:

Also, in later zones, enemies will have 'gently caress you' dodging movements designed to make them move out of the giant skill you just queued up, their bigger attacks will seriously hurt you and their cues become harder to see and quicker. It's still basically mobs like any other MMO has but they do get trickier to kill as you go through the game.

Usually the reward is a ton of exp compared to a normal quest and sometimes a good item on top of that. They also give something like ten times the exp of a regular mob. They're really for group quests and social grinding though, get 3-4 people to kill a bunch and it's a blast.

ten times? more like 40-50

Aureon
Jul 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Goons, famous knights in shining armor protecting people from gankers :allears:

• Locked thread