Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

edit: someone beat me to the lag question.

Gotta love this forums, the questions are answered before you can even post them :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Zaq posted:

I get usually around 220ms to the game, and I don't really notice it. (But admittedly some classes suffer from it a bit more than others)

I'm sorry but that can't possibly be enough for pvp. Is it doable with that kind of lag? in what is essentially a fps? Or do EUs just stick to pve :)

Also what is the crafting like? Is it worth to take it early and craft your gear through the game or is it like in other k-mmos?

edit: ok this is ridiculous, we keep missing each other on posts...
Stop answering my questions before I write them :)

Grogsy fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Feb 12, 2013

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

mirarant posted:

Strange and weird Tera adventures continue; having finally dl'ed the US client over a few nights I fired it up already dreading the queues I read about earlier. General error and lots of 1s and 0s.

I wondered if this was related in some perverse way to the fact that starting the launcher almost entirely hosed my internet connection unless I booted my computer and modem. I then crossed my fingers and launched Spotflux (VPN like thing I guess?) and lo and behold the game works like a charm and without any lag whatsover when run through that.

So in conclusion: I am confused but hey it works and doesn't even lag when played from EU.

Apparently some IPs are blocked. If you live in such an area then Spotflux might actually help since I believe it hides your IP address.

However if you live in say, Europe this should not be an issue and if anything Spotflux should be increasing lag.

The login servers actually appeared to be down earlier today and we all received the "General error" thing. You should try it again without Spotflux when the serves come back...

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

It really is. Did one of our alts start it?

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Wilekat posted:

and now I want to try a lancer because tanking in this game looks like it's a ton of fun.

Active tanking is awesome! Also, I have no idea why, but most games have decided that having armour will not help you in the least bit if you get struck with a fireball. Most games today have completely separated physical and magical damage together with armour and magic resist.
I cannot begin to describe how satisfying it is to be able to raise your shield and block a fireball. And not some phony % based block either. It blocks ALL the damage!

An archer flings an arrow your way, raise your shield, BLOCK!

This active tanking thing is brilliant!

Wilekat posted:

Also Popori are the best race. Everyone I've come across has been a creepy girl or a half-naked elf/demon (including my duo partner) so running about as Puss in Boots is proving pretty amusing. Their animations are great, too.

I play a popori lancer and I could not agree more. The animations are hilarious!
Its not so apparent in the lancer, but when you see them swinging something big around it's apparent the animators went for comedy effect :^)

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

spouse posted:

I just started playing this morning, and I have one question. Are all the areas in the game semi-open like the starter area? I mean to say, are they mapped areas with specific points of progression, as opposed to open-area zones (as in WoW or LOTRO). Because right now, it feels like I'm playing a single player game while others run around and type abbreviations into global chat. Still, very fun so far.

Not really sure what you mean but its pretty much the same as wow. Open areas with quest hubs. The only difference is some quests are story quests and these story quests lead you from hub to hub where you pick up all the other quests.

When I started my first character it put me into one that was a bit leveled so I could get a "feel" for it and ran me through something like a scripted scenario. A tutorial if you will.

Normally though you just start as level one at island of dawn with other level ones competing for mobs. Just like any other mmo

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Xenoletum posted:

I don't know how you guys are having so much trouble finding boxed copies of TERA. I seem to just find them around at every single Gamestop I go to. All of the ones in my area, within a 10 mile radius have it listed as in stock with 1 as low stock. I guess I could possibly set up some sort of cartel service to get them to you guys?

By living in Slovenia :^)
I even have a founders edition, bought for 50 euros when it came out. EU of course.

I feel sad now :^(

I don't assume anyone wants to trade a EU version for a US one :^)

Out of curiosity. How much are they going for? If they are not to expensive I would love to buy one + some compensation for your troubles.

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Totalizator posted:

or just see some of the work he put in jp tera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7zNaQjxF18

Did not understand anything that was said, but I'm pretty sure I just spoiled me some Tera story :^)

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

tearshed posted:

...quality posting...

Sorry for the :words:

Why sorry for the words? How else were you going to explain it? Interpretive dancing?

hmm...

drat now I wan't to see it.

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Wait, you're talking about soloing level appropriate dungeons? As in around your level?

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

With so many gunners, would anyone mind posting some guides/tips?

How do you build for soloing dungeons at different levels, what do you do for pvp...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

The na version that is on steam cannot be added anymore, if you are not from na, as it has become region locked (some time ago actually)

It would appear however you can still add it through steamdb.
https://steamdb.info/app/323370/

Its installing right now, hope it works :)

• Locked thread