Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy

Kaboobi posted:

I'm just starting to dig into Beastie Bay and I know this is gonna end up with me not sleeping for a few nights.

It's very bare-bones, but there is useful info on beastiebay.net. Don't worry about trying to get high scores on your first run, just research everything and do all of the islands, find the hidden caves, and find one good beastie to take into the new game+. You'll get to keep all of your items, and the levels of your survival items will roll over once you research them once in the new game.

Before you do that new game, though, medal farm and leave your game running overnight, then spend all of the medals on level and slot scrolls; the medals don't carry over but the items do.

Finally, if you downloaded and played the game from the Japanese store, you can copy over the Library directory with iFunbox and keep your saved game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy

Legs Benedict posted:

Medal farming...? How the heck do you farm medals in this game?

Shwqa posted:

The presents you can harvest can sometimes be coins.

When you build things, you'll notice they have a grade in stars, 1-5. Apparently any 5-star nature item can produce medals, but the easiest (and only, perhaps) nature feature you can get a lot of are alpine plants. At some point after increasing trade with other islands, you'll be able to purchase alpine plant 'chips' from the Pumpkin Shop. At that point you find some space on your island, put down an ally bed, surround it with alpine plants, throw a handkerchief/rag/headband on the monster and let it farm.

• Locked thread