Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
It's been so long since World Cruise Story hit the Android store I presume it's not getting an IOS release, that was one I would have bought.

I do still hold out hope the horse racing game makes it across, if it gets anywhere close to the fun I had with Grand Prix Story I'll be well happy.

Talking of which, I never could get even close to winning an Ice Race in that drat thing! Anyone who comprehensively beat that game have any good tips for your run throughs etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Zaii posted:

It's been ages since I beat Grand Prix Story, but I seem to recall that durability was a must, and spec the crap outta your tyres. What build are you currently trying the races with?

General rule - if you dont shoot into the lead within the first half couple of bends from the start - you got no chance of finishing 1st.

Sorry I never responded, when I checked the device I'd gone past year 14 and started a new game. I took the Aero Car and V12 engine with me which was probably a bad move as it will be a long time before I can use those.

Asking my son (who sadly seems to have a better memory than me nowadays!) apparently we were using a ProtoFF car to try and win the ice races, we didn't have any of the fancy cars unlocked and were nowhere near the supercharger either. The charger I will fix in this playthrough now I know it's linked to sponsorship. Is there a different car I should have tried to unlock for ice racing or just beef the poo poo out of something else?

On that subject, my strategy had been to make one driver 99% driving focussed and the other more of a techy chap to assist my main tech team to build/invent stuff, is that right or should I be making them both driving monsters?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

You'd think this would guarantee there'll be an IOS English release of this but World Cruise Story sits there as an example of them not always translating IOS as well >.< Still, it's a hopeful sign at least!

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

nutranurse posted:

I could have sworn that the Android market is larger.

It's userbase is larger but I believe it boils down to it being massively fragmented due to so many variations of hardware and OS and a much bigger piracy problem than IOS.

However Kairo have always been Android first (presumably because their titles aren't exactly pushing hardware boundaries) with IOS later and appears to have little interest in changing, they only started making universal apps when Dungeon Village appeared.

I never got past my first season of Pocket League footy even though I quite liked the idea and implementation. I really should try and get at least one playthrough done. Too many games, not enough playtime >.<

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
I'm very late to the party but is anyone still playing Pocket League 2? If so can you add me please - 308,817,156

Got an Android tablet yesterday, will probably splash out on Ninja Village + 1 or 2 others once I have finished reading through the whole thread to decide on another game or two to add to the shopping list.

• Locked thread