Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
I've completed all races in Grand Prix and all matches in Pocket League and played enough of Game Dev and Dungeon Village to be done with them.

Currently going through Beastie Bay, but am nowhere near enough time in on it to take advantage of the high level stuff mentioned so far here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Anyone grab Ninja Village? Looks like a new release from last month.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Olaf The Stout posted:

Does anyone have tips on Grand Prix Story? Most walkthroughs talk about stacking golden aura upgrades on your legacy part and car, but I've only seen a few of those in two playthroughs and didn't even manage to unlock the banana car. I feel like I'm still missing something in how to really play this game but I'm not sure what it is.
GP Story just needs a ton of research points to unlock things. I didn't even realize you could use auras to upgrade parts until late in my second playthrough when almost all parts were fully upgraded (I mainly used them for training my drivers and when building new cars).

Need to use the research points to take every car to 50% which unlocks the other cars, then research parts to either 80 or 100% which unlocks most parts. Otherwise, just keep winning races, build up your sponsors since they give a unique unlock when filled, and keep racing. Winning races gives auras.

The later drivers that are named after real F1 drivers (Senna, Vettel, Button, Hamilton) have solid stats that you can train to with auras. Hire the better mechanics and upgrade them with research points as well. At the end game you'll need a full roster of full or nearly full upgraded mechanics to have enough tech to get good stats on your S-level car builds.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

FoxMcCloud posted:

Not sure if people find it helpful or not to keep bumping this thread, but Magazine Mogul is on sale on Google Play for $1.20 right now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kairosoft.android.magazine_en&hl=en
This is definitely helpful, thanks

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Eschers Basement posted:

I still haven't figured out how to beat the real bad guy in Ninja Village, and winning the Kairo course in Grand Prix without inheriting a car still feels like a real achievement.
Both the end boss in Ninja Village and the last course in GP took an incredible amount of grinding for me. Took so long to build up your forces for the last battle in NV since it's such a jump from the rest of the game, and same with GP - that last race requires such a top shelf, upgraded, part-filled car that trying to beat either of these games by the clear time is certainly beyond me.

The carry-over car in a new game+ in GP I don't think is all that helpful anyway - if you try to take a higher class car, your low-skill techs can't make a build out of it that's any good for such a long time to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Grundulum posted:

That's a solid game, there. Fun for several playthroughs, what with the carryover options. I haven't quite managed to break it over my knee, mostly because of those stupid Bearington Ballers. I have no clue how to deal with those jerks.

Ninja Village takes forever to fully 100%

• Locked thread