Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
"bumping" threads is a non-issue as long as you are adding something meaningful to the conversation. I just caught up on this LP in the last week, I always like watching these kinds of games but Jump Scares always get me, so it's nice to see someone else handle things, and in style too!

Going through the elementry playground many episodes back reminded me of this trailer for one of the "mySims" games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EXjwPU4jOA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013
WE'RE FINALLY GETTING OFF THIS GODDAMNED SHIP

TEXT LOGS
- Framing Cho
- Ellie's Eye

Not disillusioned or anything, I've just been hella busy lately. Chapter 10 might be the longest chapter in the whole game and I think it's the last "scare-heavy", so I'm hoping it'll be more downhill and faster from here since most everything else is a rush to the climax.

I've also been replaying through the Silent Hill games - I'm seriously debating doing a quick Let's Play of at least Silent Hill 5 for October/Halloween because it hits so square on the side of "unintentionally goofy"-scary that Dead Space occasionally drifts into.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I might have missed you talking about this, but what prompted the change in intros? I kind of appreciated the twangy-guitar 10-15 second intro you started off with, it added a nice feel of production value to the LP.

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013

Captain Bravo posted:

I might have missed you talking about this, but what prompted the change in intros? I kind of appreciated the twangy-guitar 10-15 second intro you started off with, it added a nice feel of production value to the LP.

It's my weak-rear end attempt at an interface screw. Don't worry, now that we're back off the Ishimura, things will return to normal. Relatively.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
I think I'm almost as relieved that you're off the Ishimura as you are.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

KieranWalker posted:

I think I'm almost as relieved that you're off the Ishimura as you are.

I think we all are, honestly.

And on that note, Saigon, I won't lie, I loved all the interface screws

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013
UPDATE FROM YOUR GRAVE

TEXT LOGS

- NOTHING! SORRY!

Changelog

- Updated Ellie and Stross bios (again)

Sorry about big gaps of no dialogue - I'm fighting off Bronchitis, so pretty much any time you don't hear me talking is when I'm hacking up both lungs and then stuffing them back down my throat. I also finally get to start talking about some game design niggles I have with this game! Whee!

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but glad to see you're feeling somewhat better(?).

And honestly Saigon, we don't need necromorph jiggle physics. *shudder*

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

KieranWalker posted:

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but glad to see you're feeling somewhat better(?).

And honestly Saigon, we don't need necromorph jiggle physics. *shudder*

My favorite goddamn thing in this game is when you walk through a pile of dismembered NecroParts and they all just start jiggling and flopping about like mad- it defuses whatever tension is occurring pretty quickly.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 18, 2013

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013

Monkey Fracas posted:

My favorite goddamn thing in this game is when you walk through a pile of dismembered NecroParts and they all just start jiggling a flopping about like mad- it defuses whatever tension is occurring pretty quickly.

At that point in the video, I actually meant ragdoll physics. Jiggle physics usually refer to...uh...sexual organs. See: the Dead or Alive franchise.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

SaigonTimeMD posted:

At that point in the video, I actually meant ragdoll physics. Jiggle physics usually refer to...uh...sexual organs. See: the Dead or Alive franchise.

They're called boobs Saigon, Jiggle Physics usually refer to boobs.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
I don't think you said what you put power nodes into the last time you hit a bench. Force gun?

Also every time you fire an un-upgraded Contact Beam an Infector necromorphs a kitten. :argh:

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013
THIS UPDATE WAS SITTING ON MY DESKTOP FOR FOUR DAYS, BUT I GOT BUSY AND FORGOT ABOUT IT. WHOOPS.

TEXT LOGS

- Chased Away
- I'm Back
- I Could Never Hurt You
- Persona Log, RIG 438642

Changelog

- updated Stross, Ellie, Nicole, and Isaac bios

Updated power node diagrams are coming in the next update.

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011
poor Ellie, but I have to say when I first played this I was sure she would get killed by Stross

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
Always a treat when this LP updates! You're doing a bang-up job with the commentary, and I'm happy "Circles" is back in the intro. Keep it up, SaigonTime!

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Having watched a LP of Dead Space III, it's actually kinda sad to see what they did with Ellie.

"You owe me an eye you bastard" indeed.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
What a way to find out I had accidentally missed an episode. First 15 seconds in, "WHAT THE gently caress!?" :sbahj:

Edit: Two videos Goddamn!

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 13, 2013

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013

Captain Bravo posted:

What a way to find out I had accidentally missed an episode. First 15 seconds in, "WHAT THE gently caress!?" :sbahj:

SURPRISE.

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013
Hey everyone, hope you're having a fun Thanksgiving Day, or just a fun day in general if you don't live in Eagleland. I actually have the latest episode of my Dead Space 2 Let's Play sitting on my desktop with the commentary written and all that jazz, but my apartment is crawling with relatives visiting from distant lands (and by that I mean South Carolina), so I have literally no clue when in the next two weeks I'm going to get 20-30 quiet minutes alone to record the commentary where people aren't dragging me to show them around the bustling metropolis of Syracuse, New York or to shovel food into each other's mouths or AAAAAAAGH.

That being said, if you're enjoying my sense of humor, I've started a screenshot-based Let's Play of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney over at my blog (I hate saying "at my Tumblr," but fair warning, that's what it is) to keep my writing/sense of humor from getting rusty in the interim. I'm only about 2/3rds or so of the way through the first case, but progress goes a lot faster with SLPs than with VLPs, so expect more updates a month than this one, which has unfortunately slowed to a crawl because HOLIDAYS EVERYWHERE. It's also a lot less in-depth than this one, so character profiles and all that jazz probably won't happen unless I straight-up make a Let's Play thread for it, and I doubt I'll do that since I don't know how frowned-upon running simultaneous Let's Plays is, even with games as different as the two I'm playing. I'd rather keep the quick-and-semi-dirty Let's Play on my own site and keep the nice, shiny, polished one here.

With all of that in mind, I couldn't find anything about this against the rules, but if folks get annoyed by me dropping info on something else I'm working on, I'll straight up delete this post and replace it with a picture of The Big Show looking terrified or something.

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013
HAPPY NON-DENOMINATIONAL HOLIDAYS! TIME FOR AN UPDATE!

TEXT LOGS

- Drill Power Cell Hint
- Drill Room Ambient 1
- Circuit Junction Hint
- Drill Room Ambient 2
- Drill Room Ambient 3
- Drill Hack Hint
- Cockpit
- Drill Banter 1
- Drill Banter 2
- Drill Banter 3
- Drill Banter 4
- Drill Banter 5
- Drill Banter 6
- Drill Banter 7

Changelog

- Added Contact Beam to the Arsenal
- Updated Force Gun and Line Gun Arsenal entries

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
Man, Isaac is just the worst mining buddy. Sitting on a pile of medkits and not once does he acknowledge Ellie's blinking RIG indicator!

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
That stunt with driving the drill into GovSec was obviously revenge.

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013

KieranWalker posted:

That stunt with driving the drill into GovSec was obviously revenge.

Yeah, we'll go with that.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
Nah, she just didn't see it coming due to suddenly having poor depth perception. I wonder whose fault that could be, Isaac, jeez.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I was just waiting for a Necromorph to pop down between you and the giant spinny bits on the front, so you could force gun one into the grinding death. Alas, it was not to be.

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013

Ashsaber posted:

I was just waiting for a Necromorph to pop down between you and the giant spinny bits on the front, so you could force gun one into the grinding death. Alas, it was not to be.

Close to the end of the sequence I force blast one of them into the side where they get chewed up, but I didn't even notice it until it was up on Youtube. Sadface.

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013
I GOT A NEW MOUSE AND IT SCREWS UP MY AIMING. AAAAAAAGH.

TEXT LOGS

- The Gunship
- Not This Time
- You Can't Survive

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
I'm surprised at how little damage those salvos did to you. I realise the suit has damage reduction, but I didn't expect it to be that much.

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013

Nuramor posted:

I'm surprised at how little damage those salvos did to you. I realise the suit has damage reduction, but I didn't expect it to be that much.

Part of it may be that the guns just aren't designed to do much damage to the player since you're stuck out in the open and the developers want you to be able to make it to the bathroom intact. From the time it takes Isaac to sort of wobble over to the bathroom, they took him down to somewhere between 1/3rd and 1/2 health which I just happened to have a big Medkit to patch up. Funnily enough, if you just make a break for it when they tell you to freeze, they don't even open fire.

Of course I'm just playing it on Normal difficulty too, so I can do things like blow up an Exploder at almost point-blank range and walk it off. Hooray.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
Nearly thirty episodes in and I still can't tell if the elevator music is real.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ah, Saigon! I was starting to wonder.

My response to the line about the battery, knowing what is coming next, was an Urdnot Grunt "this is gonna be fun" chuckle. I think what you're about to do was one of the most cathartic moments in the game.

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013

Edminster posted:

Nearly thirty episodes in and I still can't tell if the elevator music is real.

What elevator music?

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013
STANDBY FOR UPDATE-FALL

TEXT LOGS

- Patient Four
- Shield Questions
- Same Signal

Changelog

- A deep feeling of self-loathing has overtaken the commentator over his inability to get poo poo done, including but not limited to regular updates and new Armory entries.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
You're almost done, Saigon. Keep on truckin'.

(Man, I really need to replay the game with the contact beam.)

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
You may take your sweet time updating, but I really look forward to this when you do.

Antikythera
Jan 27, 2011

Just like clockwork.
Just got caught up with the LP. When I played, I really only stuck to the plasma cutter, so it's great to see how some of the other guns work.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

SaigonTimeMD posted:

STANDBY FOR UPDATE-FALL

TEXT LOGS

- Patient Four
- Shield Questions
- Same Signal

Changelog

- A deep feeling of self-loathing has overtaken the commentator over his inability to get poo poo done, including but not limited to regular updates and new Armory entries.

Jesus God drat, THIS LP gets an update?! I'm literally convulsing

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
You guys got me really excited that there was another update. I'm going to hunt you down and stick a knife in your eye

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

You guys got me really excited that there was another update. I'm going to hunt you down and stick a knifescrewdriver in your eye

if you are threatening people's eyes in this thread you could at least use the proper instrument :cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
gently caress

• Locked thread