Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013
IT'S UPDATE TIME! TIME TO WATCH AN UPDATE FROM A MAN WHO DIED TWICE TO A SLOW-MOVING STAGE HAZARD! PLAY THE JINGLE!

TEXT LOG (sorry, just one)

- Marker Success!

Thanks for bearing with me, everyone. We're on the home stretch.

EDIT: PAGE KING!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
I probably died to that thing a couple times too, so don't feel too bad.

But it sure did kick your rear end, didn't it?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Ooh, I like the link to the DS II LP.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I caught that too. Should be amusing. Is there going to be an SA thread for that as well?

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Hasn't been 3 months yet, so probably not gonna be a thread here for it.

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013

KieranWalker posted:

Yeah, I caught that too. Should be amusing. Is there going to be an SA thread for that as well?

Doubtful - it's still within the "no games out less than six months" rule, and I'm doing it completely blind, so chances are I'll miss tons of crap and make an idiot out of myself multiple times which I actually did in the first episode from inadvertently dying by falling off of a cliff twice which this forum really isn't the...uh...forum for. I'm still trying to figure out what my next "formal" LP will be; I actually considered doing Space Marine, but someone else is doing that right now, so it might be one of the Silent Hill games. We'll see; I've still got a bit more to go with this one, and looking too far ahead is part of why it's taken me so bloody long to get this thing done in the first place.

Also there may or may not be another episode out tomorrow morning.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. That laser wire trap would have given me trouble as well. I too would have made the mistake of walking into one of the rotating pylons like you did, Saigon.

Still trying to understand how that would result in dismemberment, though.

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. That laser wire trap would have given me trouble as well. I too would have made the mistake of walking into one of the rotating pylons like you did, Saigon.

Still trying to understand how that would result in dismemberment, though.

The kinetic energy passed through Isaac's skull, tearing his body apart?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
The same reason dying to projectile vomit can result in Isaac's limbs flying off and his torso separating at the waist.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Isaac probably gets gibbed when he suffocates, too, because Dead Space.

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013
I swear to Altman I'm not dead, guys and girls. New episode is coming as soon as I'm back in New York!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Exciting! I'm looking forward to it.

e: also this game is on sale for five bucks on steam right now, so it's a good time to pick it up I guess!

biosterous fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 3, 2014

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
I don't suppose you'd know when you're getting back to NY? It's just I have this brain thing that makes click through every page listing in Lets Play until I find this thread. Several times a day.

I don't know what I'll do if you ever finish it

marlinspike
Aug 7, 2010
Is this LP still going or will it be forever languishing without updates?

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

marlinspike posted:

Is this LP still going or will it be forever languishing without updates?

SaigonTimeMD posted:

I swear to Altman I'm not dead, guys and girls. New episode is coming as soon as I'm back in New York!

Conclusion: Be Patient.

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013

Uh oh.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Dear lord, it's happening. :getin:

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Oh my god

I'm not ready, I'm not ready for this

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Yessssssssss.

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013
I SCREAM! YOU SCREAM! WE ALL SCREAM FOR UPDATES!

[img]http://lpix.org/1798834/episode32.png][/img]

TEXT LOGS

- Tiny Marker
- Dire
- It's Making Us Make It
- Convergence

Changelog

- Updated Ellie and Tiedmann bios.
- Added the Advanced Suit to the RIGs section (finally).
- Added Hunter entry to the Bestiary.

SaigonTimeMD fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 13, 2014

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I've watched this thread, will continue to watch this thread, and I keep hope alive. Never stop believing. :hfive:

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

When I have kids and they're complaining about waiting a week to watch the next episode of their favourite TV show, I'll say Kids, you don't know what you're saying. I lived through the SaigonTime Dead Space 2 LP of Ought Thirteen to Ought Fifteen. Many good men died during that LP. Even more lost their limbs. Each time an episode came out, you knew that you had achieved something real. We earned the right to watch those episodes. A week between Fairy Princess Castle Adventures would have been as a dream come true for me. But it's not your fault, kids, they just don't make 'em like they used to.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I hate the Hunter. I hate the Hunter so much, it wrecked my poo poo every time I played through this area. I don't know how to best fend it off. It hates me. It hates us all.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

bman in 2288 posted:

I hate the Hunter. I hate the Hunter so much, it wrecked my poo poo every time I played through this area. I don't know how to best fend it off. It hates me. It hates us all.

You knock it down and run as much/far as you can in the opposite direction from it, except where you gotta run past it instead. This concludes my comprehensive guide to the end of Deasd Spance 2.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

Willie Tomg posted:

You knock it down and run as much/far as you can in the opposite direction from it, except where you gotta run past it instead. This concludes my comprehensive guide to the end of Deasd Spance 2.

Blow off all it's limbs and then stasis it to delay it's regrowth, that's basically how to handle the regenerating dudes in every part of the series.

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013
I went ahead and added a Hunter entry to the Bestiary as well.

I realize that, in all odds, the Hunter in Dead Space 2 is NOT the same Hunter from Dead Space. Aegis VII was hundreds, if not thousands of light-years away from our Solar System, and the idea that a single Necromorph could travel that entire distance in two or so years strains credulity. However, I always felt like the inclusion of a Hunter when it wasn't THE Hunter seemed out of place, so for the purposes of this Let's Play, I'm going to treat it like it's the same Hunter from the Ishimura. It's just more entertaining that way.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

SaigonTimeMD posted:

I went ahead and added a Hunter entry to the Bestiary as well.

I realize that, in all odds, the Hunter in Dead Space 2 is NOT the same Hunter from Dead Space. Aegis VII was hundreds, if not thousands of light-years away from our Solar System, and the idea that a single Necromorph could travel that entire distance in two or so years strains credulity. However, I always felt like the inclusion of a Hunter when it wasn't THE Hunter seemed out of place, so for the purposes of this Let's Play, I'm going to treat it like it's the same Hunter from the Ishimura. It's just more entertaining that way.

Likely unnecessary sperging about stuff no one really cares about below, spoiler for caution:

According to the wiki and some other supplementary stuff, this one is actually called the Ubermorph. You can see it trailing behind the swarm when you first let them all in, and it's got structures reminiscent of the Hive Mind, such as the multi-pronged face. Far as I can gather, it's supposed to be a "pure" necromorph, formed from convergence shenanigans and pure marker energy instead of infected dead things. It's got a much smoother skin and isn't colored like rotten meat either so it's definitely not the Ishimura Hunter. Sorry for the ramble.

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 13, 2014

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
The nature of the Ubermorph\Hunter\Whatever That Thing Is makes a lot more sense if you are familiar with the events of Dead Space 3, especially things related to moons.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Sgt Thud posted:

Likely unnecessary sperging about stuff no one really cares about below, spoiler for caution:

According to the wiki and some other supplementary stuff, this one is actually called the Ubermorph. You can see it trailing behind the swarm when you first let them all in, and it's got structures reminiscent of the Hive Mind, such as the multi-pronged face. Far as I can gather, it's supposed to be a "pure" necromorph, formed from convergence shenanigans and pure marker energy instead of infected dead things. It's got a much smoother skin and isn't colored like rotten meat either so it's definitely not the Ishimura Hunter. Sorry for the ramble.

But remember, Stross was seeing the ubermorph too, throughout the entire game, if I recall correctly.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Speaking of Dead Space 3, can we expect an LP of it after 2 finishes? After watching this LP, I don't know that I could really get into the groove with a different LP'er.

(The reaction when you blew up four different things with one line rack was incredible, never stop being amazed by cool things.)

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Petition to change the thread title to 'I'm Really Excited For Autumn - Let's Play Dead Space 2' starts here.

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013

bman in 2288 posted:

But remember, Stross was seeing the ubermorph too, throughout the entire game, if I recall correctly.

It wasn't a Necromorph, it was hallucinations of his son. Also wife.

Neruz posted:

The nature of the Ubermorph\Hunter\Whatever That Thing Is makes a lot more sense if you are familiar with the events of Dead Space 3, especially things related to moons.

SHHHHHHH.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
spoilers: despite looking really great, Dead Space 3 is a bad game.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Fabricated posted:

spoilers: despite looking really great, Dead Space 3 is a bad game.

More than anything I think it just overstays its welcome far, far too long more than anything else.

But you must LP Dead Space 3, SaigonTime. Complete the trilogy. Make us whole again. :unsmigghh:

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I definitely didn't like DS3 as much as 1 or 2. It felt forced, like EA just locked all of Visceral's employees in a room and cracked a whip at them, screaming "CODE, drat YOU! PRETTIER GRAPHICS! MORE MICROTRANSACTIONS! AND IF YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT MAKING THIS ANYTHING BESIDES A VAGUELY GENERIC THIRD PERSON SHOOTER, WE'RE BREAKING OUT THE THUMB SCREWS!"

That said, it was fun in co-op. But then, there are a lot of bad games which are fun in co-op.

Saigon posted:

ENGINEERING

Ah, I missed you, Saigon.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
Indeed, being as impressed with ENGINEERING a year-and-a-half later takes dedication. You're almost done, Saigon!

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013
THE TRIAL PERIOD ON MY JOB EXPIRED SO I HAD TIME TO DO THIS UPDATE!

TEXT LOGS:

- Illegal Evacuation
- Evacuation SNAFU

Changelog

- Updated Nicole and Tiedmann bios
- Added the Flamethrower and Rivet Gun to the Arsenal, updated the Ripper entry

We're almost at the end, folks. It's been a hell of a ride, so thanks for sticking (and being patient) with me!

SaigonTimeMD fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 6, 2014

SaigonTimeMD
Feb 6, 2013
Quick post update; I've completely finished the Weapons section with updates for all the guns I missed, as well as filled-out upgrade routes. I even upgraded my Stasis module, imagine that.

The final episode should be up either very late tonight or some time tomorrow.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, "that ____ was the opposite of good" sums up pretty much every event in the game.

I can't believe we're so close to the end. What a whirlwind of death and destruction it has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
I have to say that it felt off when you didn't say to stay away from the vents at the end of the episode. I'm already missing your advice... :smith:

It doesn't matter though, I never follow it anyway. You wouldn't understand, staying near the vents is the only way I can feel alive. :colbert:

• Locked thread