Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
Oh Dead Space 2. You're one of those sort of ugly duckling kinds of games, but drat you do play well. I liked it, for the most part, but anything and everything related to the plot REALLY sucks, and since they seemed to stuff MORE plot into this game (and the sequel from the looks of it) it watered down all the otherwise tense space-shooty action.

Also wins the award for the coolest HUD/UI in games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
I have to say, I actually really dig the way you're doing this LP. I don't know how much time you're actually putting into your material, but you're clearly practicing your schtick and it shows with clear and engaging comedy. You've gotten more than a few laughs out of me, and made me remember why I enjoyed this game in the first place. As an LP goes, I think that means for something.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

Neruz posted:

I can't speak for in Dead Space 2, but Dead Space 1 had a number of semi-randomized monsters in that they'd sometimes be in different locations and do different things on each playthrough. So I'd assume something similar exists in DS2.

They do randomize certain enemy spawns--especially later on, once you start getting attacked by all varieties of enemy in big groups.

They really should have put in more zero-g combat in this game. Having Necromorphs bursting out of those coffins in that floating section would have been pretty dope.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

Serenity Dove posted:

Really enjoying the videos. Your commentary is a good mix of informative but funny. Dead Space is one of my favourite series full stop and I love the way you're LPing the game. The plot is brilliant in pulpy SF/Horror way. You really have to not think too hard and just roll with it.

The words "the plot is brilliant" should never, ever be applied to Dead Space in any and every capacity. Unless the statement is "the plot is brilliantly" and ends with "pants on head retarded."

• Locked thread