Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

Santa is strapped posted:

Okay here we go: https://www.danieldelidjakov.com

I made it myself so it's static - I do want to move to indexhibit or something like that in order to manage my photos with ease.

I quite like 4ormat - they've come along a lot since they started out. You could probably duplicate your current site fairly easily just with a more manageable backend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

I actually had pretty similar branding to you - "NAME takes pictures!" but when I started meeting with agencies they all told me to ditch it. Admittedly we shoot different things and the cute/intimate tone might work better for your market.

It is always a tough thing because I hate feeling generic with just throwing my name on my portfolio. Your "about me" is fairly decent but does come across as a bit "like me, like me!" as does your contact form. I always like incorporating bio with an email (I hate forms).

I don't think you need to stand out with "funny" subtitles. Not to mention you should explicitly say you're doing weddings/engagements etc. just so it gets crawled by google or however that works. People are searching for wedding and engagement photographers not lovey people photographers.

You should be a lot more selective about the pictures you put on and have intent behind it. Think about where you're placing pictures and pairing them with each other so there is some flow. You've got a couple of places where you've got pictures from the same shoot separated by other pictures. It's good to show you can take more than one good picture a shoot so don't be afraid of putting more than one shot per thing up.

Paragon8 fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jul 19, 2013

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

CarrotFlowers posted:

I think the retouching page is a little misleading. It's more showing off your editing style than traditional retouching, or at least how I think of retouching. I was expecting more of a beauty portrait before and after. The suit shot doesn't really fit in that category at all, though the others could have arguments made for their inclusion.

I think the big miss on that section is the steve jobs before and the asian woman after. Unless you literally retouched the Steve Jobs picture into a woman it shouldn't be there.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

I like tumblr a lot but I feel really isolated. It's a great looking platform to share pictures but I don't feel like I'm interacting or engaging with other people in the right way. :'(

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

oh poo poo, I've been away from the dorkroom so long I've forgotten what threads I've replied to.

Sorry!

VomitOnLino posted:

Keep going! Post good pictures, don't rant, tag the pictures well, but most importantly keep going. Also don't self promote. (e.g. spam flickr or portfolio links all over) Let yourself be discovered.

I've been going at this for 1,5 years now, posting pictures almost daily when I can. It's now recently come into a phase where I get so much new followers and likes and mail that tumblr consolidates these updates into one big digest for me.

Oh, I also have created a new portfolio site, although the image sequencing is still debatable.

http://manuelvandyck.com

Generally I do mostly post my own work - directly to tumblr but I have an instagram feed. I do my best to caption and tag well. I range 1-2 likes with about 100 when I shoot a more known model.

I feel uncomfortable at reblogging other people's work as I don't want to cause any confusion as to whose work it is.

the_lion posted:

Just followed some of the cool dudes that posted their tumblrs.

Have thou a link? Would like to see!

smread.tumblr.com !

• Locked thread