Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

closeted republican posted:

I thought SSSC Ghaleon managed to do a better job at being a slimy evil overlord. He enjoyed being evil and loved letting Alex and co. know all about it. Popping up just to laugh at Alex, holding his anime girlfriend like a creep, casually riding away on a dragon even though that's what Alex is supposed to do instead; he knew all the ways to be a proper bad guy.

TSS Ghaleon kinda understood, but he made a few big mistakes, like revealing how he should take over the world right before meeting Quark again and not squeezing in enough moments to taunt Alex. His love for slavery was really excessive and is a pretty big bad guy rookie mistake.

I always thought part of SSSC Ghaleon was that he knew about Zophar, too, and he knew that if the people of Lunar didn't have at least a deity of some sort around to protect them, they were well and proper hosed. And that this was part of his reluctance to let go and trust in humans' abilities to handle their own problems without some all-powerful nursemaid running around after them. Which was what made EBC so beautiful for me, in getting to finally see him truly understanding it, by the end of things. Of course maybe I was just taking what I had learned from EBC and reading so far between the lines on my next playthrough of SSSC that I was just projecting an attempt at nobleness onto Ghaleon, I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...

SorataYuy posted:

I always thought part of SSSC Ghaleon was that he knew about Zophar, too, and he knew that if the people of Lunar didn't have at least a deity of some sort around to protect them, they were well and proper hosed. And that this was part of his reluctance to let go and trust in humans' abilities to handle their own problems without some all-powerful nursemaid running around after them. Which was what made EBC so beautiful for me, in getting to finally see him truly understanding it, by the end of things. Of course maybe I was just taking what I had learned from EBC and reading so far between the lines on my next playthrough of SSSC that I was just projecting an attempt at nobleness onto Ghaleon, I dunno.

It's worth remembering that SSSC was a remake, so it's definitely possible that there were some additions to his character meant to hint at Zophar's eventual return. Without having played the Sega CD version of the game I can't really say for sure. But in either case, Ghaleon definitely has "humanity is helpless without a higher power to guide them!" as part of his overall thing, and even if Zophar's existence isn't driving this attitude within the story, I think it is supposed to be a wink at the player, suggesting that maybe Althena's being shortsighted in living as a mortal, with the player's knowledge of Eternal Blue to lend weight to Ghaleon's attitude.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

GrizzlyCow posted:

It's because you didn't personally vote this thread a 5, you monster.

I don't know what you're talking about. I totally did last night.

CmdrKing posted:

It's worth remembering that SSSC was a remake, so it's definitely possible that there were some additions to his character meant to hint at Zophar's eventual return. Without having played the Sega CD version of the game I can't really say for sure. But in either case, Ghaleon definitely has "humanity is helpless without a higher power to guide them!" as part of his overall thing, and even if Zophar's existence isn't driving this attitude within the story, I think it is supposed to be a wink at the player, suggesting that maybe Althena's being shortsighted in living as a mortal, with the player's knowledge of Eternal Blue to lend weight to Ghaleon's attitude.

You know I never actually thought about that. It is kind of a bitch move by Althena to leave the world helpless when she knows the literal devil is out there, and not even leave Lucia a note or text her phone so she sees it when she wakes up and completely screws her over to be with a guy (which, face it, we've all done).

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
C'mon, go crowetron go! I want to see how this poo poo turns out!

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Y'know, pestering people for updates on things like this is a good way to kill their drive entirely. I've seen it happen too often.

Then again, Crowetron has taken 2 multi-month "breaks" already. Perhaps a good kick in the pants is just what he needs.

Bufuman fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 22, 2014

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
He has promised he'll see this through to the end, so he better not complain. No pressure, though. :)

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

You know I never actually thought about that. It is kind of a bitch move by Althena to leave the world helpless when she knows the literal devil is out there, and not even leave Lucia a note or text her phone so she sees it when she wakes up and completely screws her over to be with a guy (which, face it, we've all done).

The real theme behind the series is "Althena is an tremendously incompetent moron" and the on the effects of this. The entirely of SSSC and EB's endgame can be pinned on her being a dipshit and not planing anything out beforehand before giving up on godhood. Hell, even EB would be a much shorter affair if she even bothered to leave instructions to Lucia and Nall telling them exactly what to do, who they're going to meet, and what sort of tricks Zophar may pull off.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...

The real theme behind the series is "Althena is an tremendously incompetent moron" and the on the effects of this. The entirely of SSSC and EB's endgame can be pinned on her being a dipshit and not planing anything out beforehand before giving up on godhood. Hell, even EB would be a much shorter affair if she even bothered to leave instructions to Lucia and Nall telling them exactly what to do, who they're going to meet, and what sort of tricks Zophar may pull off.

It'd probably have helped some, but... wellll, it might be better to wait a bit to get into that actually. I think there really IS a plan at work here, and it's not one that Lucia would have understood, but just having Nall be on the lookout for Zophar and Lucia and ready to help them, rather than hanging out on the edges like he is here, would have at least made things go smoother.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

CmdrKing posted:

It'd probably have helped some, but... wellll, it might be better to wait a bit to get into that actually. I think there really IS a plan at work here, and it's not one that Lucia would have understood, but just having Nall be on the lookout for Zophar and Lucia and ready to help them, rather than hanging out on the edges like he is here, would have at least made things go smoother.

I dunno, that kind of conflicts with the whole "I want humans to stand on their own two feet rather than rely on me for loving EVERYTHING," deal that was half the reason she became a human in the first place (the other half being that she's just plain sick of being the goddess). One could argue that she simply had faith that humanity would overcome anything that came at it. Cheesy as it is, it's the kind of tripe trope that JRPG developers love, so it's entirely possible.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
I think this miiiight be a bit early to discuss all this. Man, Crowetron, I think you need to bump up your scheduled October update.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Bufuman posted:

I dunno, that kind of conflicts with the whole "I want humans to stand on their own two feet rather than rely on me for loving EVERYTHING," deal that was half the reason she became a human in the first place (the other half being that she's just plain sick of being the goddess). One could argue that she simply had faith that humanity would overcome anything that came at it. Cheesy as it is, it's the kind of tripe trope that JRPG developers love, so it's entirely possible.

Althena is more or less a glorified babysitter. She basically left the kids alone with no note or explanation knowing there's a serial killer in the neighborhood with her friend unconscious on the couch.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Bufuman posted:

I dunno man. I'd make an exception to a trope if anime Satan was waiting in the background to gank everyone again. Even something as a simple note to Nall telling him what exactly to do, that Lucia is going to haul rear end as soon as she senses bad poo poo going down, and not to beat around the bush when she and her buddies want an explanation for WTF is going on probably would've helped big time.

If it were anything else, I wouldn't give Althena poo poo about being a dumbass bc there'll always be some hero-type that can rise up and take out some dude wanting to be a dictator or whatever, as SSSC showed. Anime Satan is a different level from someone like Ghaleon.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 23, 2014

Mootiman
May 9, 2005

I dunno man. I'd make an exception to a trope if anime Satan was waiting in the background to gank everyone again. Even something as a simple note to Nall telling him what exactly to do, that Lucia is going to haul rear end as soon as she senses bad poo poo going down, and not to beat around the bush when she and her buddies want an explanation for WTF is going on probably would've helped big time.

If it were anything else, I wouldn't give Althena poo poo about being a dumbass bc there'll always be some hero-type that can rise up and take out some dude wanting to be a dictator or whatever, as SSSC showed. Anime Satan is a different level from someone like Ghaleon.

Considering that during her last incarnation, one guy (Ghaleon) managed to turn her into a divine WMD, I think it's understandable that maybe she'd think the mass of humans can stand on their own two feet and maybe even do better than she would against anime Satan. If they can't, then Lucia is still around to clean up the mess if she has to.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
By the end of the game our crew will probably have defeated both Ghaleon and Satan, so that does kind of prove her right in retrospect.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Goddamn you people liking things! :argh:

Sorry for the delay again. If you put things off long enough, it seems easier to just not do them at all. But, you guys and still around, and you're right: I did say I'd finish this thing. So, we will be getting back on track with an update this week (probably Wednesday or Thursday). I may also do another recap update if I can think of a way to make it funny.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

No worries dude! The way you've handled this, slow as updates might be, has been pretty marvelous.

Plus the last couple you posted were a delicious full-course meal of everything that makes Lunar rockin', so it's all good.

God I love how Mystere's menu portrait is his huge open-mouth grin.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
I apologize if I've sounded like an rear end while hoping for an update. I just like this topic so much.

I should probably preemptively apologize for future rear end-ness. I need to curb that one of these days.

In any case, good to see you back.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Crowetron should I post that picture of the insane Parasite Eve handcannon to motivate you again, or would that just send you on a ten-hour detour through replaying PE1?

arguably both options would be good...

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Psion posted:

Crowetron should I post that picture of the insane Parasite Eve handcannon to motivate you again, or would that just send you on a ten-hour detour through replaying PE1?

arguably both options would be good...

The actual reason for the delay is that I saw the following image and spent the past few months in recovery

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

:stonk: what the

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
:catstare: I have no words for that. Only Zuul strange feelings I cannot properly express that are an odd mix of horror and confusion. I'll be over here.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

That's vaguely familiar somehow. Did you use that image in the PE2 LP?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

That's vaguely familiar somehow. Did you use that image in the PE2 LP?

I don't remember if I posted it before. I choose to belief that I did not and you recognize from foggy, Lynchian fever dream.

In other news, update coming your way, ya nerds!

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Episode 49: The Throne of Nall

Last time on Lunar 2, everything went to poo poo. God is dead trapped in a box, the heads of the world's only major religion/government are cartoon super villains, Ghaleon is the Dragonmaster, and even Anime Satan laughed at us.

Luckily, our heroes were teleported to safety by a handy, dandy Macguffin.

Music ~ Taben's Peak

Yup, that sure is Nall! But before we talk to him, we have a chance to check in with our party members and hear their thoughts on how hosed we are.

He's a teenager in a JRPG, so...

Jean doesn't have much to say here, probably because the revelations we discovered in Pentagulia don't really effect her goal too much. She set out to save the children of the world by beating evil to death with her bare hands, and by Althena, she's gonna do it!

: "...or we could talk to Nall to figure what's going on and then decide what to do from there."

: "You just have a no sense of theatrics, do ya, kid?"

Uh, okay?

: "Zophar's power grows stronger by the minute. We have no time to waste."

: "You have an obligation to help me liberate Althena. Don't you understand that?"

:eyepop:

: "How long have you--?"

: "I played the first game, Nall. I am knowledgeable about things that are up."

: "That's what I've been sayin' this whole time!"

: "Shut it, Sparky. Important characters are talking."

: "We must now use that power to break the barrier of Pentagulia and free her from confinement."

: "I wish we could...but the power of the Four Dragons is sealed away just as tightly as Althena."

That cad! :argh:

Initiate flashback

Music ~ Ghaleon's Theme

: "What the hell?! We killed you! You had multiple forms and everything! Alex killed you! Stay dead, you fucker!"

: "Your memory is still keen after all these years. But mine seems fuzzy. I don't recall you being the leader of the Lost Boys, but, well, here we are."

I love that Ghaleon still refers to the legendary hero who defeated as "the boy".

: "I can't tell you how happy it makes me to meet you like this. The circumstances of our reunion are so...perfect."

: "Seriously, how? Didn't we beat you like, three times?"

: "Perhaps you should have tried for a fourth."

This scene is not voice acted and I am FURIOUS about that.

: "Losersaysaaahh."

: "Wha--"

: "aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAARGAGAGAAHHHHHHHH!!"

: "Eh, close enough."

End of Flashback

Music ~ Taben's Peak

: "I barely escaped with my life, and Ghaleon left with the essence of my power. He has become much, much stronger than he once was."

: "What are you talking about? What do you mean, my power?"

: "Your Dragon Aura, stupid! You don't remember it because you were just a child."

: "I'd gladly help you and Althena if I could, but I'm helpless. Your power is sealed away, too, isn't it, Lucia? This is bad...very, very BAD."

Defeat all the Robot Masters to reach Dr. Wily, got it.

Well, jeez, if you put it that way...

I'll show off the dick option later :ssh:

: "Since I have come to this world, you have risked your life for me many times. But despite the danger, you have never complained, and you have never deserted me."

:kimchi:

<:mad:>

: "The first Aura you should try to reclaim is mi...uh, the White Dragon's. The Aura is in possession of White Knight Leo, one of the strongest warriors in the world."

: "Leo has the Aura? Great! Since he's our friend, I'm sure he'll give it to us!"

Alright, yeesh, we're going! Just as soon as we chat with our bros.

: "Whatever I decide will affect the entire Magic Guild...but the choice is obvious! I have to fight Althena's Chosen and stop Zohar's resurrection!"

: "But I also want to find out if I'm really worthy of being the leader of the Magic Guild..."

: "...and I think this adventure is the perfect test of my abilities!"

: "I guarantee it will be, Lemina."

Objective added: Flush Turd

: "But I'm not afraid anymore. I understand my strength, and I know how to control it. I've overcome my fear of the Shadow Dragon Fist. I will use its power for good, not evil."

: "I will use the Fist to confront my past. I can't, and won't, run away from it anymore."

Objective Added: Punch a Mountain, In Space

: "I can't let Althena's Chosen revive Zophar...and I have a hunch we'll run into Mauri."

: "I can save her...and maybe, just maybe, I can redeem myself a little. All the gambling I've done 'til now was just practice, Hiro. This bet is the one that counts."

Objective Added: Rescue Aisha

A child runs into the room, but is partially obscured by the text box.

Well, that's convenient.

: "Wait, where is that? Also, how exactly are we supposed to carry an 'aura'?"

: "Can't hear you, teleporting, BYE!"

: "...welp."

Yeah, this should be no sweat. I mean, Leo's our pal, right?

Right?

Bonus Content: Hiro's a Dick

What if Hiro looked at Lucia, an 80 pound anime teenager who talks like a robot, and thought "Nah, she's got this."?

: "Lucia doesn't need my help! I'm sure her powers will come back. Besides, I need a break!"

: "Hiro..."

: "Okay, Hiro, whatever you say...but I think you don't want to because you're afraid. I thought you had as much strength as Alex, the last Dragonmaster...but I was wrong."

And then you're stuck in this room until you talk to Nall again and pick the right answer. You jerk.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Update! :toot:

Man, I need to rewatch Outlaw Star sometime. I saw it on Adult Swim... drat, must've been like a dozen years ago, because that was around when I was a sophomore in high school, I think. Anyway, I remember next to nothing about the plot. That should be rectified, because whatever I've forgotten, I remember that it was pretty awesome.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
Ghaleon continues to be the best villain. Seriously, he's just such a smug dick about everything and it's amazing. You can't even really hate him for it, because it's just Ghaleon. The rest of the evil crew are just the JV crew in comparison.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure this upcoming part was my favorite part of the game, going all around the world beating up Chosen. Also I guess helping save the world, that too.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Mehuyael posted:

Pretty sure this upcoming part was my favorite part of the game, going all around the world beating up Chosen. Also I guess helping save the world, that too.

I also like it because it's all very straight and to the point. Beat up Chosen ----> Dragon Cave. Repeat 3 more times. No endless fetch quests.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
This section is one of my favorites as well. It's straightforward and finally lets you take the fight to Zophar by taking out his heroes, one by one. There's some other stuff I like about it, but they're all spoilers.

Really, I think the only part I'm not too fond of is before you meet Lucia. The Blue Spire just drags too long for my liking. I want to meet Lucia and get the show on the road, not flip switches and go up a tower that basically reuses the same layout for five different floors. There's an upcoming dungeon I don't like as well, but I'll wait until it's shown off to discuss it.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

Crowetron posted:

: "What the hell?! We killed you! You had multiple forms and everything! Alex killed you! Stay dead, you fucker!"

If I must be a pedantic nerd (and I do!) in SSSC the final boss fight with Ghaleon only had one phase. I remember the first time I played that game because I was legitimately shocked; wait, how does a JRPG final boss only have one form? Actually, you only fought him twice, and he beats you the first time. So, yes, you actually do only kill him once in that game. Now in the Sega-CD original, he does have a second form (and it's weird as hell.)

Also, have you changed how you're getting screenshots? The text looks a little odd; I think the aspect ratio might be off.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
And now is when we find out Mystere was someone dressed up as Leo dressed up as Mystere and he's going to wreck everyone's poo poo.

And then Mystere will show up to bail everyone out :3:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Camel Pimp posted:

If I must be a pedantic nerd (and I do!) in SSSC the final boss fight with Ghaleon only had one phase. I remember the first time I played that game because I was legitimately shocked; wait, how does a JRPG final boss only have one form? Actually, you only fought him twice, and he beats you the first time. So, yes, you actually do only kill him once in that game. Now in the Sega-CD original, he does have a second form (and it's weird as hell.)

Also, have you changed how you're getting screenshots? The text looks a little odd; I think the aspect ratio might be off.
I consider his PC appearance, Magic Emperor, and God Emperor appearances as his forms.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Camel Pimp posted:

I could've sworn he switches from Magic Emperor gear to Crazy-Shoulder-Pads Ghaleon mid battle. It's been a while. It's been a while for Nall, too, so that's my excuse.

And actually, these screenshots are from the same batch as the previous update, so I don't know why the text looks off. I noticed it while writing the update, but it's still readable so I figured whatever.

Bufuman posted:

Update! :toot:

Man, I need to rewatch Outlaw Star sometime. I saw it on Adult Swim... drat, must've been like a dozen years ago, because that was around when I was a sophomore in high school, I think. Anyway, I remember next to nothing about the plot. That should be rectified, because whatever I've forgotten, I remember that it was pretty awesome.

The Aisha line was actually a Saint's Row reference. :ssh:

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Crowetron posted:

I could've sworn he switches from Magic Emperor gear to Crazy-Shoulder-Pads Ghaleon mid battle. It's been a while. It's been a while for Nall, too, so that's my excuse.

And actually, these screenshots are from the same batch as the previous update, so I don't know why the text looks off. I noticed it while writing the update, but it's still readable so I figured whatever.

It's been a while, but in the PSX remake isn't it Fake Magic Emperor ---> Real Magic Emperor who kicks your rear end ---> Final dungeon ---> Magic Emperor?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

It's been a while, but in the PSX remake isn't it Fake Magic Emperor ---> Real Magic Emperor who kicks your rear end ---> Final dungeon ---> Magic Emperor?

Yep.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crowetron posted:

Crowetron you can be player 2 in my Saints of Rage anytime

e: after recent revelations, I'd like to change this to "Crowetron, you can go to hell and rescue me anytime"

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 29, 2014

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Crowetron posted:

Oh, my bad. I just assumed, what with the space reference before that. There might've been mountain punching too, so there was that.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
You'd think that being captured by a guy would give you some kind of insight into his personality. Looking forward to another failed attempt at diplomacy.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Episode 50: Duel of Fates

Alright, time to go chat with Leo and see if we can't bum the source of a dragon's divine power off him.

Before we go, let's see what the Children of the Corn are gossiping about.

That's right, kids, God is dead and everything you know is a lie! Happy birthday!

Yeah, we just established that Ruby is only one of four dragons, but do you think any of those other chumps are wearing a bow?

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" "GOD"

The Cute Ribbon is headgear with low physical defense but high magic defense. I put it on Lem, since hopefully she won't be taking any direct hits all the way in the back.

Lucia's got big plans for her post-saving-the-world tour.

The baby just remembered a Youtube video of a dog farting so loud it wakes itself up and gets mad at it own fart.

:smith:

Let's get outta here, this place is depressing.

This child received high fives from 3 out of our 5 party members.

Jean burns Ron but catches a small child in the collateral damage. Brutal.

I'd make a joke about the impossibility of kidnapping a deity, but it seems to happen pretty frequently in these games.

No one else has anything really interesting to say, so let's go find that boat.

oh

there it is

: "Hey, Leo! Listen, we figured out what's going on, and we could really use your help. Could we--"

: "WhozaWHAAAAA?"

: "Why not just come with us? What're the Chosen gonna do, fire you?"

: "I AM TALKING NOW."

Music ~ Hiro's Combat

Oh, I guess we're fighting now. Well, Leo pretty clearly wants us to win, so I can probably just sleep walk through this.

wait what

leo why

Okay, maybe I was wrong.

Luckily for me, losing to Leo does not actually cause a Game Over. Plus, there's an Althena statue below deck so I can easily prepare for a second try.

Okay, real fight time.

The actual duel with Leo is pretty easy. His rock spells are honestly kind of a joke and he'll only heal himself once. But you should pay attention to his tells.

When he's holding his sword in both hands and sort of swaying, he's going to hit you with Flash Blade, his single target multi-slash attack. This can do easily 100+ damage, so you need to keep an eye on your HP. As long as you pause your barrage of Poe Sword to occasionally keep your health above 110, you'll be fine.

There's really not a lot of strategy to these duels beyond identifying the enemy's strongest attack and keeping your HP above that damage threshold.

But Hiro leveled up and gained a new spell! Not as important as Lemina's attack and defense buffs, it can still be useful in certain fights.

: "Eventually..."

: "..."

: "No, Leo. Join us! Fight with us!"

: "Even in victory, Hiro, you retain your humility. You are a great warrior indeed."

:megaman: OBJECTIVE GET :megaman:

: "You can reach the North Sea by entering the ocean off the coast of Meribia. Follow me to the helm, Hiro."

: "I will show you how to take control of the Destiny."

: "Um...what?"

: "This is the coolest thing that's ever happened to me."

Leo pauses...

...takes one last look back...

...and then...

: "Leo is a man of justice, Ruby. And right now, he feels like a common criminal."

bigbosssaluting.png

Music ~ Dragonship Destiny

: "So all we have to do is sail west and look for a chunk of ice with a hole in it!"

: "We have MANY people to kill!"

Bonus Material

Before we rush off to the frozen wastelands, there's something I forgot a while ago back in Vane.

None of the locals have anything new to say so we just rush on back to the exit from the Cave of Trials.

There's a very important treasure stashed away in the big room just inside the door.

The Thieves' Staff! This weapon allows Lemina to attempt to steal from an enemy (via some sort of shadow magic). Oddly enough, there aren't too many bosses with anything worth stealing, but there are a few very nice items to be had, some of them waiting for us in the White Dragon Cave!

Thanks to whoever reminded me about this. I've forgotten but feel free to speak up! It was forums poster Ubiquitous_ who mentioned it. Thanks, buddy!

Crowetron fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
Sweet, an update. Love the interactions with the kids. And Leo is boss as gently caress, like usual.

• Locked thread