Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, I have been trying to figure out what game this is for years now. I had literally nothing to go on but a few of the character designs, and remembered reading a guide in an old Gamepro or something. I am SO on board for this LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
They're doin' a pretty good job of establishing this religion as slimy. I've seen a bunch of different takes at it, and though the Lunar series feels... more simplified than a lot of other JRPGs, it's pulled off well.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ronfar seems like a pretty cool dude.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Dang, I really should play this game, it looks fun. Unfortunately, the version that's been rereleased 18 million times is the first game. There isn't a sweet release of this on, say, the 360 or anything... Is there?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure that outfit on Lucia is the only thing I could remember from reading a walkthrough for a portion of this game in an old Gamepro or like magazine when I was a kid. And the fact that it's a mid-game costume change explains why this game still seemed odd to me. That answers a number of questions I had.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
:dance: This is an amazing turn of events. I am super excited for Jean to learn the Wu-Tang Secret.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow, this game does a fantastic job of making you hate Borgan. Now I just want to see Jean blow past his magic due to moving so fast and just punch a hole in him, Chosen One-style.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty amped to see this back. Good on you, Crowetron.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
:ohdear: poo poo got intense! I'm really excited to see what happens next!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
It would be incredibly satisfying if Jean went on a rampage of dishing out Stunners to all the evil people.

Bah gawd, Stunner!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I kinda like Lucia's robot monotone. It fits her backstory and personality pretty well.

I do wish that there had been a boss battle against Borgan or Lunn or all three of the second-tier henchmen. This whole section has just been cutscene after cutscene without a chance to do anything rad. Then again, this does kinda feel like the Empire Strikes Back section of the game.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
C'mon, go crowetron go! I want to see how this poo poo turns out!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
If this is a "choose your own path" section, I want to see Borgan get his fat face fuckstarted courtesy of Lemina's fire magic.

Hell yes. gently caress that guy. Why are there 50 thousand remakes of Lunar 1, but not this game? This game looks sweet as hell.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
:black101: Haha holy poo poo, Jean is the best character. She's gonna royally gently caress Lunn up.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
This is a good LP, a hell of a lot of work, and you are a fun writer. Please finish, Crowetron! I'm super excited to see you wanting to get to the finish line!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nerthus posted:

:woop:

How you gonna top this for my Christmas present, Crowetron?

Seeing this Blue Dragon coming off of the Lunar DS thread is like a sweet palate cleanse. The dragons had such distinct personalities and Blue was always my favorite.

I remember how many of us used to hope that the companion "flying cat" for Lunar 3 would be blue... and now I've got the sads again.

Of course you mean my birthday present. The one benefit of being born Dec. 25th is that I get to make unreasonable demands for my birthday.

The Blue Dragon seemed like a pretty cool dude. I wonder if one'll be an enormous dick, maybe even need to be beaten into submission...

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The sewer level in Metal Gear Rising wasn't bad. But then, that game rules.

I still wanted to see Jean punch a solid plug out of Borgan's stomach.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I for one want a link to your vidja gaymz podcast.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Crowetron posted:

Okay, guys, here's the deal. I have been really busy lately with work, my podcast, and having disposable income right when a bunch of cool games come out. That being said, this is a fun project and I do hope to finish it. The grindy bits tend to get to me, so there may be a little behind the scenes cheating when we come back, but it is fun. I can't make any solid promises right now, but I have not yet fully committed to failure.

Thanks for bearing with me, and I hope I don't let you guys down.

Do a lot of behind the scenes cheating, I don't give a gently caress about that. I just want to see how the story ends, and more importantly, your take on the ending. You're a really fun writer of character dialogue, man. You do good poo poo.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I believe in you, Crowetron! You rule!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Glazius posted:

I'm kind of surprised Ramus is able to keep getting staff for that attraction. I guess he's got something of a babyface, and he pays well.

Hooters doesn't have any trouble getting staff.

• Locked thread