Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

Good to see this game being LPed. One of the first non-FF JRPGs I played. I got the Complete Edition, which has that sweet pendant as some bonus bling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Let's go Silver.

Spacing the party out is pretty important to learn early. I forgot about it, and the fight against two Brainpickers killed me when they both used their mouth cannon.

Also, it's been years, and I didn't use Gwyn's healing in-battle in my recent replaythrough, and I STILL remember his quote for it being "We've got to keep our strength ahp!"

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Crowetron posted:

: "I go wherever the Goddess wills me, old friend. Knocking is below me."

These additions are wonderful. Lucia :barf:-ing was also great.

Mehuyael posted:

My favorite battle quote from Ronfar is "Happy Hour!". The guy knows how to party.

I can't read the words "Happy Hour" without quoting Ronnie.

Omnicrom posted:

I believe "Happy Hour!" is one of his quotes for using an item.

Ronfar says "Good thing I planned ahead!" when using an item.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Alkarl posted:

Oh man, Lunar 2. I remember renting this, pulling an all nighter playing it, then buying it the next day. I still have that pendant, and actually wore it once or twice to school because gently caress yeah, shiny poo poo, and nobody knew where I got it. I was a special kid. Great job so far, gonna be following both this and the Sega CD one with great interest.

When I took mine to school I found out the black part of the pendant wasn't paint. Just some plastic bit that could fall out. But when I found that out we got it painted for real. :allears:

Those poor standees, though. They didn't deserve their fate. :ohdear:

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Urgk, that cave music. I enjoy most of this game's soundtrack in some capacity, but THAT song is just awful.

I love the name Ochre Ooze. Every time I think about naming Slime enemies, those are always the tier-2 Slime names. Also those flies are amusing. Their tell for the poison attack is spinning around in place. :3:

Trying to remember if it was now or in a short bit that Ronfar makes an amazing comment about that priest. Something about if looks could kill.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

But she doesn't have a level. What's up with that?

I think she kinda does, but they just like to hide it from you. IIRC, I saw her HP go up a few times after several fights.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

If you try walking past the cell while Leo's in it without pressing the button, Ronfar chimes in with "How about we turn the hunter into the hunted" or something like that and presses the button himself. The rest of the dialogue is still the same after that.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Camel Pimp posted:

I mean, I guess this scene shows Lucia lack of nudity taboo, but it's not like we need this scene to know Lucia doesn't understand human social mores.

For those of you who don't know; this scene is not in the original. A lot of stuff in the last few updates aren't in the original, actually.

The most surprising difference between the two was how everyone seemed to know Jean knows kung-fu in the SCD version, while in this version not so much. Jean seems a lot more passive about her past in the SCD version, to boot.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Crowetron posted:

: "Hey, look in her hand! She's holding the snowsprout grass!"

This must have been changed from the original. Clearly, finding the snowsprout grass was a mission right after finding Maria, where you'd have to climb one of several peaks of this mountain, and find the REAL Snowsprout Tree among all the potential fakes at the end of each path with no way to tell which one's the real one.

Clearly. :shepicide:

phantasy star 2 was sssssobad

Zeikier fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Oct 25, 2013

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Aww yeah, we're about to start paying some fools back for their kung-fu treachery!

Sometimes Jean's dialogue gets a little too hokey for her, but I love how they managed to fit a kung-fu story into this game. :allears:

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Borgan constantly referring to everything with food-related terms of endearment makes him very amusing in a very high-cholesterol way. That and the whole game referring to him with some kind of gross or fat verbiage every time he's the subject is equally hilarious.

This is one of the most loathsome tracks in the whole game. I get so sick of it after its trillionth repetitive verse.

Zeikier fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 16, 2014

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

I kept wanting to draw Aya Brea as that priestess who turned her gat on Ruby back in Larpa. How does dynamic foreshortening work.

"Watch your rear end, Pinky."

Zeikier fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 9, 2014

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Ruby would like to express her thoughts on this current discussion:

Zeikier fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 28, 2014

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Captain Bravo posted:

Why has nobody commented on this yet?

:cumpolice:

:aaaaa:

That's almost too clever even for Working Designs.

Actually I never noticed how the rooms were shaped like the body parts until this update. I always wrote it off as a generic temple dungeon. :monocle:

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

: "BODY AND SOUL SHALL BE TORN ASUNDER!"

Zeikier fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 21, 2014

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Goddamn, Borgan cleared the room with those!

Rangpur posted:

These are all accurate statements, but even so you're the only person I've met who didn't consider that section a low point of the game.

I tried playing Xenogears a few years ago, and that drat prison sewer broke me. That whole place in general broke me.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

*cracks knuckles* Alright, I decided to force myself to do this for the sake of the thread and my conscience.

So I meant to make this for Pimp's L2 LP but I never got around to it. I could never take the Sega CD's version of in-game cutscenes seriously cuz the characters kept gyrating while they got super melodramatic.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

The encore is impending! :allears:

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Way to go, Camel Pimp! You saved us from the proverbial Leo's gross laser prison!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Junpei posted:

Do we actually get to see Zophar, and the Ganon portrait is a place holder, or we never see what he looks like?

We see him eventually. How menacing he really is depends on the version and whether you mind 90s anime CGI. :v:

• Locked thread