Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Crowetron posted:

It also came with a bunch of extra goodies like a cloth map and OST CD, but I got my copy second hands, so welp.

After seeing this thread and this on the OP I got my camera out and snapped some pics of what you would have gotten if you bought this new back in 2000!

The game and extras come in a nice big box with a gate fold front:

The gatefold shows some screen shots and a summery of the game:

Inside the box you get the game, a cardbord sleeve for the soundtrack, a black "leather" bound book (not real leather) and a "omake" box

Here is the soundtrack holder. It has a spot for the demo disc for Lunar 2 that came with Vanguard Bandits. I had to cut mine open some because the soundtrack cd was wedged in so tight in the thing that when I got the disc out there was some glue on it.

This black book is the instruction manual for the game! It is full color and has some interviews in the back:

This is the front of the Omake box. Omake means "extra" in Japan (had to look that up):

Inside you get a map of the world (not a cloth one. The cloth map was a pack in for the first Lunar game):

A bag with some little cardboard standees. I never took them out of the little bag because I didnt want to tear them up/lose them:

And a pendant. This thing has some weight to it, Never really took it out of the bag until now!:

This is the strategy guide. Why did I include this?:

Because unlike all the the guides released at the time this mo-fo was hardback! And to be fancy had that ribbon bookmark!:

Inside it had a poster offer and STICKERS!

I never peeled off the stickers or sent away for the poster:

I don't think there was any reason given for one of the stickers to be a big red X:

I have one more thing that came with the game... kinda. It was a preorder bonus that I sadly don't have at my new house, may have to get my parents to drop it off for me this weekend but may also hold off showing it because it may spoil a character that pops up later in game! So be on the look out for that pic!

BooDoug187 fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Crowetron posted:

BooDoug, that's cool as hell. I added a link to your post up top! By the way, update coming up!

Yeah, Working Designs knew how to make some bad rear end special editions. I have the special editions of Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete and Arc the Lad Collection. If you want me to snap pics of the first games box stuff let me know!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Jenner posted:

I know the Lunar 2 games are pretty similar between the Sega CD and PSX version, at least story wise. But I just feel the

Thats what I was going to show later. My puppet is at my parents house and I havent been able to get there to get it!

Yes it was a pre-order bonus for Lunar 2. There was an Alex puppet made to be preorder for the PC version of Lunar 2 but that version was canceled and the Alex puppet was never sold.

I had an ordeal to get my puppet. I pre ordered mine from an EB Games. When I paid for my copy I saw a thing on the recept that said "Pre-Order Puppet: 0.00" I asked the guy about it and he said it was a mistake. When he opened the cabenet for something else I saw several of the puppets. I said to him I think I am suspose to get one of those puppets. He mummbled something and tried to say it was for something else. I stood there demanding to speak with his manager. The guy acted like a total rear end, not letting me get my preorder item. Well at this point my mom comes in.

She asked me what was going on and what was taking so long. I explained to her I think these guys were trying to rip me off. He tried to say to her the puppets were a sale item for something else. She called him out on his bull poo poo and demanded to see his manager. The clerk tried to give her the run around about manager not being there. At that point I noticed the door to the back was slowly closing and someone was behind it. I said to my mom that guy was the manager. She pushed the door open and made the guy come out.

She told him what was happening and he tried to make it sound like it was some mistake. At this point another guy walks in, trying to get his copy of the game. The clerk gives him his game and the guy says something about the puppet. The clerk tried the same bull poo poo story. But this guy was prepared.

"I knew you assholes would pull this poo poo" he said. He pulls out a print off from the Working Designs website, and a video game magazine that had a ad that said free puppet with preorder. My mom sees this and goes off, cussing out the clerk and the manager. The manager tried to say it was for online orders. My mom demanded that the manager called someone above him to clear this up. The manager get on the phone and calls his corperate office. When he gets in touch with someone his face drops. He hangs up the phone, hands me and the other guy our puppets and apolizes.

Apparently several other people who preordered their copy of the game didnt get their puppets and they called EB's main office, complaining about what these guys were doing. When the manager called the head office was about to call him up. Letting him know that a manager and clerk from another EB was coming to take over the store, and that the manager and the rear end in a top hat clerk I had to deal with were fired.

tl/dr version: Clerk and manager of EB Games tried to rip people off. People called corporate, corporate fires rear end in a top hat.

BooDoug187 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 27, 2013

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

And what exactly were they planning to do with the puppets? :raise: Sell them and pocket the money?

Keep one for themselves, maybe sell others on ebay or sell them in store for couple bucks. A friend of mine from high school works at a near by Gamestop. They often have boxes full of unclamed pre order stuff, mainly from games no one preordered or came to collect. They would wait till near the end of the month to either trash the stuff or split the stuff amoung themselves. One night I scored couple game soundtracks, a hat, a do-rag, and some posters because I stopped by before they closed.

BooDoug187 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 27, 2013

• Locked thread