Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It has been worth the wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

BooDoug187 posted:

Jesus Christ.
Can you spoiler the characters right now?

That music disc was hosed when I took it out. Glue ruined it and I had to use the music player that will be spoilered.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 15, 2013

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Can't say what I want about Leo without spoiling it, but if only there was a character who is as fun to play, as Leo is about his use of dialog.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That cyclops G-virus has more than one eye and that is only its right side in view. :pwn:

Green

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Choco1980 posted:

I love that even the game itself explicitly acknowledges why this triggers.

"All that hard work, and you didn't get squat!"
I think that is standard victory message when all enemies run away.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I know how low effort I will be the next time I fight that boss.

ZOPHAR is ZOAH's cousin, trapped in another world.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think I used Anger Dice in place of attacking. Saved money on upgrading and it being so cheap was better than his weak attacks.

Lucia levels after everyone tallied their exp independent of levels. You just click to exit out and she gets several HP added on. Everything about her leveling may as well be from advancing the plot. She is worse than useless at this point.

I must get that book as well. I was mad they didn't show a certain humanized character.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That is my problem with him. Throwing dice also lets him be way in the back and some enemies know about that.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Maybe Leo was going for the Lyle look. Would have been neat to pack a bazooka.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You can never get enough Rules of Nature, after your first taste. He might end up with a mental breakdown if he doesn't get more.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I try to skip all encounters. This area sucks so much and Lucia is still deadweight.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It is annoying and I hate surprises.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

dis astranagant posted:

But if you do that the next couple of bosses wind up way more expensive than the really need to be.
Ronald didn't need weapons anyway.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Are you me, under a different title? The same thing happened when I was looking to buy the game despite it costing so much. The cashier said they forgot to tag all the games for a sale and I got it for half.

Back then, I got my reviews about games from a friend who was also crazy for them.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Didn't take long for :syoon:Jean:syoon: to start kicking rear end.

Good thing they removed some rather descriptive text about certain people from the original or things would become obvious later on.

You should see the inconsistencies of the FMVs from the first game. Just the ones showing Ramus manages to mess up his clothing designs about 30 times.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
All the stuff about the game still makes me hear sirens and I end up being embarrassed. I heard the reason for stuff like this was because the audience aged over the years and are not so interested in games where the lead character is a mute, sexless robot who has endless girls tossed at him.

It is all still funny and much better than Lunar 1.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Her dances are worthless, but still better than Nash's debuffs. Shadow Dragon running wild underground.

Anger Dice cost 2MP, so he can use it all day from the back row.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I can't remember a time they had a "safe" bromide. So glad they made the switch away from perversion.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Crowetron posted:

Next Time:

We enter the world of Survival Horror
Our next character is going to be a boy with a stone gaze who fights shades?

The game made me feel old the last time and I felt embarrassed on some of the sections.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The other thread has linked an updated website on the Lunar series.
http://www.lunar-net.com/eb/

It has a bunch of spoilers about the various versions of each game. Plantella got some changes because of being :japan:.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Lemina casting hellfire has the face of :swoon:.

This is the music that plays for the giant death robot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Msw3zYzpc

The robot's corpse and Lemina's theme lingers when you leave the mansion.

The Spencer mansion has you answering questions from talkative monsters.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 4, 2013

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Everything about Lemina is funny. At least the complainers don't get to hear her battle speeches in the LP. It might give them a mega headache.

thegloaming posted:

What's a nice Jewish girl doing in a game like this?
They converted from Star Trekism.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I laughed when some of the guards have swords stuck in their heads.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Maybe they shouldn't have spent so much time lost in a tent and talking to people, when getting chased.

Ronfar gets smoked because he is always behind Hiro. Lucia seems to ignore it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I liked old Leo throwing a rock at the rocket and confusing it.

Jean: That one's not too bad. Are your suckers for sale?
You can check the script on gamefaqs.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It was more like Ghaleon's stripper generals. It didn't show enough of what actually happened to be more coherent than everything getting blown up. The army itself is the buffest bunch of tanky meatwalls I have ever seen in a game.

and...
:swoon:Ghaleon:swoon:

The greatest character.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Camel Pimp posted:

Not particularly, but... well, in the first game, he has those pixies, right? And they still view their environment as a prison and kind of resent Ghaleon... in the English version. In Japanese version, Ghaleon actually keeps them in his garden because he's saving them from extinction. That's as much of a backstory as you get on that. Otherwise, yeah, it's just a little detail they put in there to make him a teensy bit more sympathetic. Which is a little weird because that was in the original Lunar 1... and Ghaleon was really not terribly sympathetic otherwise in that game.
You can glean their possible extinction from the utter lack of seeing them anywhere in the world.

Camel Pimp posted:

Nah, he didn't really give a poo poo about the Vile Tribe.
They did provide everything he needed and they would in return no longer face extinction.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Camel Pimp posted:

Ghaleon actually has really bad eyesight, but he just decided to play it off like he meant to do that.
He probably had trouble flicking his wrists or something, because I think he hit Leo several times.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
There is something weird about this game as most of the mountains are adjacent to rivers of water.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
If that is the one I remember, it is really loving useful and adds a ton of versatility for elementals.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Zeikier posted:

This must have been changed from the original. Clearly, finding the snowsprout grass was a mission right after finding Maria, where you'd have to climb one of several peaks of this mountain, and find the REAL Snowsprout Tree among all the potential fakes at the end of each path with no way to tell which one's the real one.

Clearly. :shepicide:

phantasy star 2 was sssssobad
They did that in BoF2 as well, right?

PS2 was a clusterfuck of bad ideas.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Veyrall posted:

So, what was this Black Rose Street, anyway?
It is where you met Royce, a new character for the remake.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Galick posted:

Meribia is and always will be the Best City. First Hell Mel and now we're going to go slaughter a cult of assassins who kidnap children.
Bestburg is the Best City, especially since Meribia is half the city it used to be.

The sprite of half-off Grahf looks like emaciated. Those assassins don't seem to have a torso.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 6, 2013

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The lid is more powerful than a shield costing thousands.

I wonder if those monsters already existed or if the kids made them.

The cutscene has Ruby's arms at different sizes near the end. Nice to see the tradition of errors continue.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Cardiovorax posted:

Why is Link in that picture?
Forget Link, why is Guts in that picture?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
If it was Asagi, I would have died.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
If Revolver Ocelot didn't have those lines covering his eyes, he would notice Jean was coming at him.

Camel Pimp posted:

Are these Assassin's vulnerable to charm too? I don't remember. It'd be funny if they were vulnerable in bother versions, but they're easy enough here, so I guess it doesn't matter.
I would say yes. It was the funniest thing for enemies to fight each other.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
As Nall's item lost power over the years because of what happened in the prequel, things wouldn't look good for Ruby.

The geography is too weird to warrant being canon.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The caves in either version were pale imitations of the final dungeon in SSSC. I didn't see Trials being a problem. It is short as well, so you can blow through filler dungeon.

Vane might not be such a Detroit if Miria shows some leadership. She seems tacked on to be something to emote over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
How much of a slacker are these Premiers that they can't get Vane to float? Maybe they should have asked Ramus' family to help them out.

• Locked thread