Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

TheGrandMystic posted:

Mega-LPs tend to go Crusader Kings -> Europa Universalis -> Victoria -> Hearts of Iron (insert whatever number version you want to play after each one), right? I think that's really the best course of action you can do unless you want to be really ambitious and play through EU: Rome and then fill in the great span of time between that and CK with alt-history as you make the conversions necessary for an alt-scenario. This does make me wonder, though: would anyone even be interested in a grand strategy game set between 4-500 and 1000 AD, roughly between Rome and CK? It's not exactly an "empty" period of history but I don't seem to run across many games that are set during that period of time.

We had a discussion about this a little while back about this in the Paradox thread. There was some grumblings about how well the Clausewitz engine could model the great migrations of the period but there was also some interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Dibujante posted:

We should cultivate Muslim and Greek connections and try to become rich and technologically advanced.

This. No Crusade

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

That makes me almost want to convert a hands-off game just so I can be high-tech Inca.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

1, T

• Locked thread