Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Sweet, this is back. Looking forward to seeing what the De Hautevilles get up to this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Raserys posted:

What about when The Old Gods comes out?

While cool we probably won't be dealing with pagans too much down in Sicily? And updating to any expansion is very likely to break the save file so I'm guessing Viscardus is going to be sticking with SoI+LoR rather than risking another LP collapse.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Deus Vult!

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Serpentis posted:

Is Arslan's wife supposed to have had her eyes put out or something? :stare:

There's a really low chance for illness to make you blind, it's presumably that that happened to her. Of course the trait automatically assumes the worst and as a result you've got kids with gaping voids in their faces the world over (or at least you did when the chance for illness to cause blindness was bugged to be rather high a few CK2+ patches ago).

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

YF-23 posted:

It's not exactly that; the portrait effect was added with Legacy of Rome, which gave Byzantine nobles the ability to blind and castrate prisoners. In a way, yes, it assumes the worst, but the worst is that the character had their eyes gouged out, not that their illness literally turned their eyes into black holes.

Yeah that's what I meant/was implying, forgot to explicitly state it there - sorry if I confused anyone.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Robert is an incredibly capable young man, and though he may be a bastard in these precarious times, where the Moor and Arab threaten our every border, a man of his ability should be allowed to rise above his natural station. His legitimacy should be recognized.

However, I cannot condone granting him the Kingdom of Jerusalem in addition to recognizing his legitimacy. While his mother's origins might draw him to his homeland, he can defend it equally as a loyal heir to the Sicilian crown. Disenfranchising Abelard completely would be an insult to the boy, as appointing Robert heir (while a course I support) is already an offense against him. Thus I recommend Abelard be given the crown in the Holy Land, binding our two realms with bonds of brotherhood beyond simple kinship.

This division will leave us free to focus on our Spanish holdings. Passing them off to our Spanish relatives, while easy, would leave the elimination of the Moor entirely in their hands - and while I am sure they are able there is no substitute for strong Sicilian arms when it comes to combating the Moslem menace.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Hopefully Robert will manage to crush the Fatimids without our help

and then maybe the Fatimids will be wrothful enough to execute Richard, thus sealing their doom :black101:

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Scenario Two, maximum enlightenment

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Scenario One

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

1T

• Locked thread