Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schir
Jan 23, 2012

The game's crashing any time I do anything in the shops. It's weird, since the shops were working fine yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Turn off the high resolution fonts. That'll fix it for now.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Does anyone happen to know where the save files are located for the GOG version?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
There's a "Save Data" button in the config tool, hit that.

(It's Appdata/Roaming/Falcom/SD6 or something like that.)

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

For people having problems with controls, I haven't tried this yet but what about mapping keyboard keys to a controller via joy2key or something similar?

That's what I did. Xpadder to set the d-pad to 1/2/3/4, and the rest of the controls work okay, though using an analog stick to go through menus is a bit finicky at times.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Finished Chapter 1, Olivier owns.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Zaggitz posted:

He does, and is in fact also one of the best party members in the game, so he's even better.

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"
Not getting any reports so far of crashes with high-res fonts after the latest patch. Maybe try it out and tell me if you guys have any trouble?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Fraid I'm not experiencing any of these, so I won't be of help. Have you had any reports on the configuration acting up in regards to the mouse?

Hope you can one day sit down and tell us the reasons why FC gave you so much trouble - I love hearing things about these from a technical point of view.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

It's finally out on Steam? No fuckin' way.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

RadicalR posted:

Fraid I'm not experiencing any of these, so I won't be of help. Have you had any reports on the configuration acting up in regards to the mouse?

Hope you can one day sit down and tell us the reasons why FC gave you so much trouble - I love hearing things about these from a technical point of view.

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/92769039590/xseed-blog-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky

Sara posted this last week. It's a pretty interesting read.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Meanwhile, on the Steam forums:

People complaining about dubbing of the like ten in-battle voice clips per character.

Should be an easy undub then. Just wait like a week if that's important to you, Japanophile on the Steam forums.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Trying shops now with the high def fonts and not getting any problems. Thanks, Sara!

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 30, 2014

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

"Are you a catgirl?"
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

RadicalR posted:

Yes, and I fixed it last last night. Try the reset to default button in the mouse config.

As for the latter bit, the blog post is certainly a good bit of that, but I wouldn't be against it if anyone had any questions or if I ever got interviewed about things. There's a lot that can't really be shared due to NDA but there's also plenty that can, I suppose. It's been a rough ride.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Heran Bago posted:

Should be an easy undub then. Just wait like a week if that's important to you, Japanophile on the Steam forums.

Unfortunately, someone's already made a patch to end this cretinous boycott.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Saralene posted:

Not getting any reports so far of crashes with high-res fonts after the latest patch. Maybe try it out and tell me if you guys have any trouble?

The high-res font crash in the shops? Yeah, that happened to me like an hour ago. Lost about an hour of progress too. :(

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

"Are you a catgirl?"
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

Artix posted:

The high-res font crash in the shops? Yeah, that happened to me like an hour ago. Lost about an hour of progress too. :(

Try restarting Steam, to make sure your game is definitely fully up to date.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Artix posted:

Lost about an hour of progress too. :(

The game autosaves on screen transitions, so you should have a save fairly close to the crash. Page left of the 1-10 saves.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Chest in Sapphirl tower with the empty text "you came back, I knew you would!" softlocked the game, I can't exit the text box.

edit: tried it again after loading my auto save and saving right before, repeatable softlock. Prob wanna get on that if you want people to get the chest dialogue achievement. It's the chest with the army boots if that helps any.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 31, 2014

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
How important/good is the reward in SC for having maxed BP?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

You get a quartz for having max BP over just being first class. Presumably a pretty good quartz, but it hardly seems essential.

e: For any curious, the rewards are:

Third Class: Robot Arms (+Str/Def accesory)
Second Class: Robot Arms, Full Revive item (can't remember what they call these again.)
First Class: Robot Arms, Full Revive, Proxy Puppet (keeps you alive if you die, then breaks.)
Max: Robot Arms, Full Revive, Proxy Puppet, Luck quartz.

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 31, 2014

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This game is all right, you guys.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
^^^ I love this game and translation.

Cake Attack posted:

You get a quartz for having max BP over just being first class. Presumably a pretty good quartz, but it hardly seems essential.

e: For any curious, the rewards are:

Third Class: Robot Arms (+Str/Def accesory)
Second Class: Robot Arms, Full Revive item (can't remember what they call these again.)
First Class: Robot Arms, Full Revive, Proxy Puppet (keeps you alive if you die, then breaks.)
Max: Robot Arms, Full Revive, Proxy Puppet, Luck quartz.

And someone, somewhere, on the internet said that the luck quartz is +30% drop rate.
I'll probably just play, do my thing, and not worry about max hehe.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Idk if they have this for the PC version but levels over 35 carry over to the next game, and max BP gives you a few things that might be useful. It's not that hard to max out though as long as you don't pick stupid responses during quests, and keep exploring/checking back for new quests. Watch out for unlisted quests though!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

To be more specific, if your characters are at or below level 35 when you beat the final boss, they'll start at level 35, i they're at or above 40 they'll start at 40, and they'll keep whatever it was if it's in-between.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Beat chapter 2! That play :allears:. Also the actual plot seems to be picking up, which is nice.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

SC Bracer posted:

as long as you don't pick stupid responses during quests

I'm not sure any reward would be worth that.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Can anyone point to any good spoiler-free or low-spoiler guides to missable stuff?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Zaggitz posted:

Olivier is the best character in the game and the fact that the other characters are always like, "Ugh, it's Olivier," is amazingly tonedeaf of the writer.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Cool, looks like the font fix did the trick. Writing's been pretty good so far!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

ElegantFugue posted:

Can anyone point to any good spoiler-free or low-spoiler guides to missable stuff?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/933329-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky/faqs/62079 spoiler free guide for max endgame BP.

edit: s-breaks work with the analog stick now, awesome.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 31, 2014

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh btw They fixed S-Breaks on the controller, just tab left or right on the analog stick and you'll actually select the buttons, instead of just repeatedly selecting and deselecting one.

e: Welp didn't see that edit.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

There's a typo in the Bracer Notebook.

White Gehanna is x8 Time, not x4.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

What's this Trails in the Sky bluray thing I've seen on Google search? Did they do an adaption or side story that I didn't know about?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

There was an anime OVA at some point.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure it was really bad because it was literally only two episodes long and so was super compressed. To be point where they just flat out started at SC and didn't cover FC at all.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah it was a two-episode OVA. I remember there being an okay fight scene but there was basically no plot to the whole thing.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

The OVAs also start with SC, so you probably wouldn't want to watch them yet even if they were good.
The first one basically starts with the boss fight for chapter one, then skips to the end of chapter 2 and spoils the twist for chapter 3 (which is totally skipped in that adaption). It also includes a character who shouldn't even be there at that point in the game. I didn't watch the second one.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Smoke effect during the chapter 3 sequence at the central factory isn't set for wide screen, so im getting a 4:3 overlay on my widescreen window. Not game breaking so much as immersion breaking, haha. I'm sure it's an easy fix.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Finished chapter 3. It's all coming together! Looking forward to seeing what it's all been leading up to.(and then presumably being real angry SC isn't already out when I'm done)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Anyone getting or got constant small bursts of lag playing this? It's not keeping me from playing the game or anything, but it is kind of annoying when the minimum requirements are at the mhz level. I tried setting textures to low, limiting the framerate, but nothing helps.

• Locked thread