Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Well, I stumbled onto Cake Attack's LP of Trails a while ago, but found myself so charmed by the game that I resolved to ignore the LP until I could play the game myself.

Then I forgot to check Steam for a couple of months. I discovered the game was out about a week ago, bought and played the crap out of it.

Game is amazing, several plot twists blew my mind and I can't wait for the sequel.

Go on with Good Cheer and Silver Will are now among my favorite pieces of video game music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Nihilarian posted:

Just picked up TitS. Anything I should know before I start?

Any time you open a chest, always check it again.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Papercut posted:

I impulse bought Trails during the sale. When I run the config, it's not detecting my gamepad (the pad is definitely working). The dropdown menu under the gamepad tab is just blank. Help?

The mouse controls are actually really really good.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

AG3 posted:

It's even worse than Youtube's recommendation system.

I dunno, Youtube has recommended videos that I've already watched.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Is there any reason to expect that since they're bringing over Trails SC and (possibly) Sen no Kiseki, that they might also bring over Trails the 3rd?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I am on loving tenterhooks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Volt Catfish posted:

This thread is probably too slow to get a new thread, isn't it? (mostly I know the op is never coming back so it can never be edited :()

The thread is barely a year old and only 43 pages. Why do we need a new one?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I never touched Earth Wall and I got through the game just fine.

I did indulge in some heavy White Gehanna abuse though.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Stephen Smith posted:

Is it even possible to get all the Steam cheevos in one playthrough?

Almost, but there's one point where you have to choose between two weapons.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

those are the only two items you need to find on your own that aren't found as a part of an ongoing sidequest, as i recall. if you're aiming for max bp you should be fine. The only thing I can think of that you may have missed is the sidequest in chapter 1 where you need to find a bear claw somewhere for some dude's medicine.

is there an achievement for getting both of the carnelia weapons? if so, you'll either need to do two playthroughs or save, trade the books for one weapon, then reload and pick the other weapon. I think the achievement is just for collecting all the books though, in which case one playthrough is fine

There's an achievement for getting one of every weapon.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

And one of every armor, which is a dick move, since there's a chest with an armor in Mistwald that disappears as soon as you're meant to go there.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

I was watching laputa: Castle in the sky because anime movies are cool and this made me go whoa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=229K5n_PRJA

The sorta main refrain sounds just like the Whereabouts of Light from Trails, neat homage.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I first heard Whereabouts of Light.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I put around 40 hours into both of my playthroughs, but I knew what I was doing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

HenryEx posted:

Just about to start on TitS, anything i should know going in? Anything missable i should be aware of? Newbie traps or anything of the sort?

Check every chest a second time.

Do the sidequests before you do anything plot related.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Slur posted:

Its alternative title is "Missables: The Game". I have no idea what the hell Falcon were thinking with that, but make sure that you have a guide handy, because there are tons of places where if you even screw up one piece of dialogue, you lost your chance at 100%ing the game.

Missing a couple of BP isn't a huge deal and if you think Trails is bad, don't ever pay a Tales of game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

if you saw five new posts in the falcom thread and figured maybe a release date for sc was announced, i'm sorry, it was just me, Cake Attack

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I saw 6 posts and I thought something had happened. You got me good Cake Attack.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

Also Trails in the Sky if 50% off on GOG

http://www.gog.com/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky

Wow! What a deal!

Well, I guess I need find people who haven't played Trails now.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

So we're basically skipping the two games in the middle between Sky and Cold Steel? How weird will that wind up being, story-wise? Assuming they're mostly stand-alone.

Three, right? Trails the 3rd, Ao and Zero?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That release date basically confirms that Sky SC will be out in the next two months, right? Would they release Cold Steel first?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Goddammit, I'm probably going to buy a PS3 for those two games.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Because if I buy a PS3, I can catch up on all of the Tales games I missed.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Wendell posted:

You missed a Tales game on the Vita!

I've heard really good things about Tales of Hearts, but the PS3 has Graces F, Xillia I and II and Zestria.

And Trails of Cold I and II.

Also, I prefer to play RPGs on consoles.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Paperhouse posted:

Yes

Is there going to be voice acting? There isn't any in that clip and I kind of like that

There's no voice acting in the clip because they're just starting the recording process. There will be voice acting and it's going to be English only.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I want to play all the Trails games, so I really hope they bring them over, the sooner the better.

As long as they also make Cold Steel and Cold Steel 2 totally awesome first.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

So, I just decided to jump on Trails in the Sky and fight Lorence again, because that fight is really fun.

This time, I just noticed that the spell he uses is Earth Guard EX. Is that a recent change or was that part of the translation overhaul for the Steam release?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Renoistic posted:

I'm sick and tired of RPGs where just about every character is in a school uniform. I'm not even going to bother with the first Trails if this is what the sequels bring. It's like a creative black hole.

You're going to ignore an entire series of games because one set of them has characters from a military academy wearing military academy uniforms?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm wondering if he's going to play a bigger role in SC.

You know, more than being talked about in slavishly glowing terms by every NPC ever.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

So, August 31st it is.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Supremezero posted:

Almost half way through summer.

And still not a peep.

XSEED stop teasing us please.

I remember calling it as August 31st.

Or possibly September 20th, which is still technically summer.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

bgreman posted:

This is a very finely crafted haiku.

You mean a reverse haiku?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

My half-joke prediction of August 31 is looking more and more likely.

:sigh:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Supremezero posted:

So while SC has depressed us regarding lack of release date, Cold Steel might be going the opposite direction, because Best Buy just put it up for preorder... with a date that certainly doesn't look like a placeholder.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-playstation-3/9512028.p?id=1219704509893&skuId=9512028

11/17/2015, huh?

November is acceptable and plenty of time to make enough money to justify buying a PS3.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Supremezero posted:

So while SC has depressed us regarding lack of release date, Cold Steel might be going the opposite direction, because Best Buy just put it up for preorder... with a date that certainly doesn't look like a placeholder.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-playstation-3/9512028.p?id=1219704509893&skuId=9512028

11/17/2015, huh?

Gamestop has the same date.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel/123073

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Supremezero posted:

It is now August.

XSEED please don't be lying/pulling some "Astronomical Summer" bullshit and give us SC. Preferably sooner.

August 31st is still technically in summer.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Can...can we play Cold Steel before Trails SC?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

On the one hand, these delays keep piling on and that kind of sucks.

On the other hand, the translation is done, so we know it's actually coming. They just keep running into issues.

I really want to play SC too, but I've been waiting less than a year. I know some of you have been waiting much much longer.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

You can skip all the dialogue, which will make the game go by much much faster.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

It depends. If you open all your Orbment slots immediately and carry over endgame Quartz, yeah, you can easily steamroll everything forever.

Except maybe Lorence?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

For an extra $10? Hell yeah, I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

wait drat the collector edition is only for the vita version...

oh well, i was probably going to get both anyway, on account of brain damage

Ugh, really? Goddammit.

• Locked thread