Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like what little I've played of it but the "you have to use a guide or talk to literally every NPC in the game" thing is turning me off playing more of it, at least until the second part comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Latte Lottie posted:

The journal pretty much always tells you where you need to go for the main story and side quests. I swear you are talking about a different game.

I even asked about this in another thread. There are hidden sidequests which are necessary to get BP but are not marked on the quest board, so the only way to find them is to know they are there or to talk to NPCs until it triggers. If I'm wrong about this then I'd certainly welcome clarification but everything I've seen or heard suggests this is the case.

Wendell posted:

Why does the sequel coming out change this anyway?

Because I'm more willing to dedicate the time to dealing with stupid missable stuff when I'm not going to be dealing with a "to be continued" at the end anyway.Someone else might not be willing to dedicate the time at all so I figure it is worth mentioning.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 12, 2013

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lance Streetman posted:

This isn't an exaggeration, BTW.

But is it art?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There is permanently missable stuff though and unmarked sidequests. If you want to do everything you'll probably need a guide.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Suaimhneas posted:

I don't understand how I'm supposed to use S-breaks. Supposedly I can steal turn bonuses from enemies by taking their turn, but the game doesn't pause when I activate it so the enemy just goes ahead and takes its turn anyway while I'm choosing a target. How is this supposed to work?

You've got to be a little pre-emptive with it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

It's not even a bad dub. Estelle is Stephanie Sheh, and Joshua is Johnny Yong Bosch. It's not like Wild Arms XF or anything, they're good actors.

Also y'know, ten lines if that.

Woah, woah now. Let's not say things about Johnny Yong Bosch we can't take back.

But yes, the concept of wanting a different Japanese dub is hilarious.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

Meanwhile, in "Steam is being good to Falcom" news, thanks in large part to Steam they've sextupled their year-over-year profits for this period:

http://www.esterior.net/2014/08/lic...nancial-report/

And this doesn't count Trails numbers, which was the best Falcom debut on PC yet.

poo poo's gettin' good, sons.

Good to hear!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is remarkably annoying how Estelle is basically a supereffective godbeing and the plot refuses to recognize it though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

I watch this thread like a hawk, what're you talking about :v:

Anyway, thanks dudes, and I am sorry my own personal bullshit has slowed the game down and now shown up on the forums. Things are pretty far along, though, so hopefully more news will be rolling out over the next couple of months. And thank you dudes for the support, at least.

That wasn't beat poetry, that was unvarnished emotions :colbert:

It may or may not be awkward either way :v:

I don't think anyone is going to say "gently caress you for not releasing a video game fast enough, rear end in a top hat" after that, even though I'm certain it must feel that way. (Or at least if they do they're a shithead.) Feel better and thanks for the honesty.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJe6So9MqSc

I assumed it was Cold Steel based off this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

Well, I haven't been workin' on it all that hard since mid-last year :v: the long, long home stretch was handled by Sara, Jess (who doesn't post here), and a small army of QA folks at XSEED and beyond.

but yeah, wondering how a thing I worked on for several years will be received is definitely something that is happening at this moment

I hope you guys like it, it's a labor of love for everyone involved

I am sure it will be excellent and also that someone on the internet will hate it but that is the internet for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm pretty hype I gotta admit.

• Locked thread