Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Unmature posted:

Is the PC version much better than the PS2 one? Because the PS2 one isn't very good.

The differences are just graphical, with the PC having sprites instead of 3D models as well the usual anime cutscenes instead of... whatever the hell those atrocities were on the PS2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

Yeah, you guys can thank Sara for the huge majority of this. She did an amazing job modernizing the parts of the engine that needed/could be modernized, and the game looks ridiculously dope at 1080p+ at 60FPS for a game of its age.

Um excuse me but according to Microsoft "1080p" and "60FPS" are just buzzwords, and otherwise aren't very important.

(you guys are the best)

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

I'm guessing the game sold pretty well judging by those tweets and the top sellers list at the time. Time to start the speculation as to what else XSEED has in store.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

Meanwhile, in "Steam is being good to Falcom" news, thanks in large part to Steam they've sextupled their year-over-year profits for this period:

http://www.esterior.net/2014/08/lic...nancial-report/

And this doesn't count Trails numbers, which was the best Falcom debut on PC yet.

poo poo's gettin' good, sons.

Hello Japan it's the rest of the world, I like my pc a lot in fact I'm calling you from my pc, which I also use to play video games.

You can print money if you just give a poo poo about pc

please do it

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

Honestly? Some of them stay in denial. That it's a blip or that sales will fall off or that it somehow cheapens the brand.

Well, in the later half of the 2000's a lot of Western developers were saying the same thing about Steam distribution and massive Steam sales (remember when EA was saying that large discounts cheapen their brand? haha). Over time they all shut the hell up and climbed on board the money train, so maybe Japanese developers will shake off their characteristic inertia and follow along.

• Locked thread