Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
Definitely wait for them to appear in a daily/flash sale. The Ys games were no stranger to those the past few Steam Sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

I wouldn't count on Ys 6 any time soon. The English version on PS2/PSP was put out by Konami so there may be some legal red tape, or requiring the translation to be entirely redone for Xseed to bring it to Steam. I could see Ys 7 being more likely (assuming nothing's wrong with the PC version. I think it only got released in China?)

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

:siren:NEW Ys GAME:siren:
For PS4 and Vita. Revealed during Sony press conference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D-Wr_3-E5U
(1 hour 37 minutes if the time code doesn't work for you)

Here's my crummy attempt at translation. There's quite a few lines I'm not sure I got right:

Do you know the name Adol Christin?
The red-haired swordsman comes to PS4
A completely new entry in the immensely popular action RPG series.
Ys charges into battle on PS4.
A new adventure to be solved.
An archipelago south of Gria, in the Sea of Gate
In a legendary forgotten land, buried beneath the waves,
a new adventure begins for Adol.
High-speed battle through jumping and unleashing repeated sword strikes
An expanded world, a sensation beyond time.
The new Ys will appear in 2015.
Ys series will go on to the next stage.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Adol and Dogi's Excellent Adventure.

Sadly, the green hair guy in the trailer I suspect might be another surrogate Dogi. I don't know if that bothers me more or less than that once again, Adol's ditched his 90's J-fantasy armor and shield.

Here's some artwork:

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

Actually, it's not the comments section, it's the discussion section.
They locked the comments section after it was greenlit though, so... maybe they'll honor those? Also, the page seems to now only mention joining the group before it's been greenlit.

• Locked thread