Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

With Celceta out I powered through it/VI/SEVEN(I had finished the first three earlier, but stopped to wait for Celceta to come out). Sorry but Adol is the best protagonist :colbert:. I just love being this random dude with a sword who's super-hype about adventure and manages to fight way, WAY above his weight class and kills gods on a monthly basis. Plus the villains acting all smug gets increasingly hilarious the more games in the series you play. Dude I just killed the CONCEPT OF MAGIC last week what the hell do you think you're going to accomplish here.

I will agree about his skill collection in SEVEN/Celceta being really weird, but I don't think it's bad per-say. His early skills do suck hard but later ones tend to be incredible(Pentagram/Aura Fencer are fantastic, as well as the sword-rain style moves and the spin-attacks). I used him pretty much exclusively on Hard in both games and had no problems, though I guess Nightmare is a whole other ball game. I'll agree about Karna being broken as hell though, SEVEN's ranged characters tended to be super-fragile to make up for their advantage but she doesn't really have that. Duren I kept around because he was always in the party anyway but yeah he wasn't really great until he got DRAGON KICK, destroyer of worlds. I kept Dogi in the party in SEVEN because I'm not the worst person ever. The only character I didn't really like in either game was Ozma(fighting-wise), though I admit I never really gave him a chance. In my defence his moveset seems super-lame at first glance.

Of the two I'd say SEVEN was better, but Celceta is still fantastic. They both seemed to have that weird perfect YS difficulty where I beat the boss just as I ran out of healing items/almost died. I'm pretty sure that's more because I suck, but still.

There's now this glaring Ys-shaped hole in my life now that I have nothing left to play :negative:. I guess I'll be back for the inevitable V remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread