Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Lance Streetman posted:

You can easily skip Hugo. You will want to play third character, as he has some content not in either Yunica or Hugo's story and plays differently from either of them. In addition, his story is the canonical one, complete with the true final boss.

I need to finish my second run of Origin sometime. Never got around to doing that.

I thought you had to beat the story with Yunica and Hugo to unlock the third character? I recently started playing again as Hugo in order to do this :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Adol the stocky

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Yeah I died probably dozens of times on that boss, I never even thought about grinding because I knew it was doable, I was just making mistakes and being punished for it.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

also this is the first game i have played in forever that actually ran at 60 fps with no frame droop oh heavens my overpowered computer is finally worth its price
I hate to tell you this but actually it runs flawlessly on lovely 5 year old laptops as well :allears:

And yeah, play Oath in Felghana afterwards, it's the same but even better

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Dr. Fetus posted:

Well, thinking of getting Trails later. Anything I should know about the game gameplay wise?
Quite a few of the Bracer Guild sidequests are only available during certain windows, if you want to do them and get the experience/money/guild points/charming character development :allears: then do them as they come along as you can miss out otherwise. Also you should probably focus on unlocking your characters slots before buying new Orbments, the more slots you have the more spells you can create

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
One of the things the game is known for is its fantastic localisation, I'd be very surprised to find out that the translation was bad given how much time and effort was clearly put into writing the script

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I don't think so, short of checking a guide. It's really not a big deal if you miss out on some BP here and there though, you don't need max BP to get the top Bracer rank

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Plus if there's a way to load up your save file from the first game in the second game, you can presumably just download a save file that got max BP and use that

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Levantine posted:

If I were to pick up one of the two modern Y's games on Steam, which would be a better choice: Oath in Felghana or Origins? Last one I played was VI on PS2 and I loved it.
They're both great and if you like one you will end up playing the other. I think Oath in Felghana is the better game, and it's more challenging. Origin seemed a bit easy after completing Oath

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I've vaguely heard of Zero and Ao no Kiseki before, I didn't realise they were basically continuations of the Trails world that play similarly. It's probably a stupid question given that we're still just waiting for the second Trails game, but what's the potential for localisations of those games? And are they as good?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
How good is Ark of Napishtim for PSP? Apparently it's got the same engine as Origin/Oath but I don't see it talked about as much at all. I don't have the means to play the newer ones and the older ones appeal to me less.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I'm struggling to see how FC was made to have a conclusive ending, it's literally got the biggest cliffhanger ending I've ever played

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm really confused at this point with what games I should play in the Trails series in which order actually. I would rather play them on Vita.

Is Trails becoming sort of code for one of those overarching barely related series like Tales or FF?
The games are much more related than Tales and FF, they're all set on the same continent and (I think) feature characters crossing over between games. I don't know anything about the plot past the first Trails in the Sky, but I believe the plots of all the games are at least loosely related and tie into an overarching narrative.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
It's just personal preference, there doesn't need to be any "better" or "worse" about it at all

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Levantine posted:

This looks good and I want to play it.

Yes

Is there going to be voice acting? There isn't any in that clip and I kind of like that

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Oath in Felghana is the best Ys game and that's a fact

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Levantine posted:

Origins is better though

It's too easy m8

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I've actually not played as Toal yet. I couldn't be bothered to do both Yunica and Hugo's routes, so he's not unlocked. Does anyone know if there's a way I can play it without having to literally play the whole game again?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Erpy posted:

For added fun, compare that picture with the "beach picture" they did of the Trails ladies (minus Aina and Kilika) around the time FC first came out.

I can see Falcom holding a meeting where they discuss why that picture just won't do in 2015 anymore and reaching the conclusion that Estelle's shorts, Kloe's blouse and Tita's full bathing suit were too 2004, so they got rid of all that and decided that Kloe was rich enough to be able to afford a boob job.

Everybody loves TitS

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Cake Attack posted:

also the box art for the ps3 version of SC is so good