Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

also the box art for the ps3 version of SC is so good

ahh i'm too hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Erpy posted:

You ordered that big art book where the sprites of pretty much all the portraited characters are charging ahead? If so, you are now my unofficially adopted brother. :P I've had that one since March, courtesy of me assuming SC was gonna come out in May or so and it's been on my shelf ever since. Oh, the temptation...

i have the two that udon put out called Legend of Heroes - The Illustration and Legend of Heroes - The Characters

http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Heroes-Characters-SC/dp/1926778901/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442762467&sr=8-2&keywords=legend+of+heroes+udon

http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Heroes-Illustrations-SC/dp/192677891X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442762467&sr=8-1&keywords=legend+of+heroes+udon

These two. is there a third i should buy because i will

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i shouldnt have asked, as my brain problems have made me buy both

artbooks are my favorite type of merch, most other stuff i think is a waste but i love artbooks

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Sep 20, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Olivier is not on it, which is said cover's greatest flaw

floaty blond is Lorence

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The one in chapter 1 is the only one, you can explore the chapter 2 one for treasure but it doesn't have a quest attached. chapter 3 makes you go, chapter 4 doesn't have one.

and the answer is no. you get some items from treasure chests and there's a brief scene where you meet alba again. that's about it

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Can anyone tell me if I should spend money on the Trails in the Sky manga? I can read Japanese, but manga adaptations have a track record of being less than amazing.

how many volumes? if it's not a whole bunch it's probably super compressed, like the OVA. also manga adaptations tend to suck yeah. i can think of like two good ones, total. My gut says no

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

that's actually probably reasonable length wise but that cover art looks bad as heck so im sticking with no

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

You should buy it for me, and if it's good i'll tell you so you can buy it for yourself. a fair deal

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

this thread will not be responsible for an emoticon, not on my watch

Shinjobi posted:

Estelle smugface is perfect.

but yes this is true

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

That attitude is why Lowtax is posting threads about how desperate for revenue he is.

im not giving lowtax any more money until he fixes the forums!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

im aware of the flaw in that logic and i don't care!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lol

also i'm very happy it's not bryce papenbrook

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

speaking of, the ouroboros is a symbol representing cyclicality which is a good image to co-op for the big baddies of the duology because the idea of circles and cyclicality is a recurring motif in the game. You have the tetracyclic towers, and the shining ring; the orbment designs, even the game itself is you literally doing the loop of Liberl.

Which is a cool motif to have because it ties into one of the big themes of the new generation taking the torch from the old generation. Which itself is something that ties in cleverly to the whole "ancient society" concept. Richard's deal is that he idealizes the old generation and doesn't view himself, as the new generation, as capable of taking on the torch. And so appropriately his solution is to rely on the past, while Estelle basically counters by saying they can rely on the people of Liberl, or the present and future.

it's hard to say too much about themes in a story half finished but the ideas they've built up are well executed even if not super deep or anything.

also i got one of my art books yay

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Oct 2, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i went to the xseed site to try and see what they had to say about it if anything and lol what happened xseed

http://www.xseedgames.com/

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh no they fixed it but i got a screenshot:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Levantine posted:

Wow, really? That's the game I bought my PSTV for back when it was new. Is there a confirmation somewhere about it?

i have no idea how legitimate these people are but this is where i heard about it

https://twitter.com/vitareviews/status/650680601729703937

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Xseed is apparently doing a press thing today and I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but there's literally a 100% chance they will announce a release date for SC and also a localization for Xanadu and yes, even Zweii II on Steam.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

Meanwhile I liked the story trailer well enough, but some of the reactions I've seen elsewhere have been hilarious. If you're incapable of telling that Sara is making a joke when talking about Class VII, and are complaining about that line being some kind of "translation error", you probably aren't really in a position to judge if the dub is good or not. Just a thought.

i was going to say there's no way anyone is that detached from the idea of humor, and then i read the vita thread

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Volt Catfish posted:

On my first playthrough of tits should i not care about all the missable quests and items the game seems to have and just play it?

yeah

you can get 95% of the stuff just by checking the board and then doing those sidequests regularly and the other 5% doesn't matter much

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Erpy posted:

Yes, there is. I once spent a weekend doing a minimum-BP speed-run through the game on New Game+ and recorded it.

It was worth it. :swoon:

End-game spoilers galore

my boyfriend

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

sorry agate but ive moved on

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

They're going to announce a localization of Zero no Kiseki

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

its definitely SC, you can trust me, your pal Cake Attack

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

!!!!!!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

That's in less than a week!!! Also I'm going to upload my 100% save when I get home so people can use it

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

How many people have been waiting since 2011 for this?

I beat FC the week it came out...

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

drat... next Friday is the one day I can't take off

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Supremezero posted:

What's your starting level if you don't transfer data vs FC's level cap, anyway.

35 is default, 50 is the cap in FC but anything above 40 is just transferred as 40.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Erpy posted:

What was added to the PSP version was, AFAIK:

- An extra piece of quartz which is kinda like Cast3 with a twist. Arts go off almost instantly, but it nerfs several of your stats (like ATK and ATS) to such a degree that the only purpose of the character is casting healing/buffing spells.

lol unless it nerfs defenses too that's gonna be broken as hell

e: Wait, it also nerfs your offensive magic stats? nvm, that seems more reasonable

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Erpy posted:

Oh, by the way, guys... :)

http://trailsinthesky.com/

Nobody mentioned this one yet.

quote:

Anelace Elfead
Granddaughter of a famous swordsman and recently promoted senior bracer. A bit of an airhead, but proficient in combat. Has a friendly rivalry with Estelle and an unholy love of cute things

my wife

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Maybe, i dunno. I stopped following LPs a while ago to be honest. It depends on how I feel once I beat the game really

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i'll do it tomorrow, i guess, although it won't be super indepth or anything because i favor short OPs. RIP lance streetman

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

toddy. posted:

I offered to redo it and it was followed by a consensus of "no" but yeah if you need any help putting poo poo together hit me up.

this is not just addressed at your specifically, but rather anyone, but what falcom games are there in english that aren't ys or kiseki?

I can think of Brandish, Xanadu Next, Nayuta no kiseki, Gurumin, LoH 3-5, and i guess alternative saga since it's both ys and kiseki.

also what are considered some of the best ys tracks? i can handle LoH but i get so focused when i play ys i end up tuning the music out and don't remember most of it

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'll probably not include anything pre 2000 that's not Ys, unless someone wants to provide one or two sentence blurbs for them in my place.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

good news everyone I took next monday off

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

no screenshot really, big giant ops get intimidating and skipped so all I intend to have is a sentence or two about what the game is and the platforms it's on. a bunch of images would get cluttery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

post here now:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748643

• Locked thread