Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Teavian posted:

So I finished playing as Yunica on easy, and am now running through as Hugo on normal. I'm finding it a little surprising how "chunky" the game is, in that normal is a fair bit more challenging than easy (in that there is an actual risk of dieing to non boss enemies) and that grinding another level or getting weapon upgrades makes bosses much more manageable.

Also, is Hugo's Fire Wheel actually good for anything other than lighting torches? It seems fairly weak compared to his mines or his regular shots.

His charged fire skill shoots laser beams and is his most reliable source of damage. Mines are better on some enemies but charged fire shreds things up real good.

Nate RFB posted:

The only issue I really have with Ys Seven is that there's no reason to not stock up on healing items to the point where it's actually pretty hard to die during boss battles.

Crafting is also dumb and grindy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Dinky Duck Race posted:

The problem with Origins is that the third playable character is so much more fun than Yunica and Hugo. It's exatly like choosng your favorite out of Krillan, wizard Krillan, and Vegeta.

Personally, I think everyone should skip Hugo and just play Yunica and the third character. If you really care about the story in an Ys game, I guess you could go back and play Hugo later but he is super boring to play as. That engine just isn't made for primarily ranged combat.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Considering each Ys PC release has topped Steam's sales charts for a few days, I imagine bringing them over has done very well for XSEED.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

In Origins, where are you supposed to go (as Yunica) after you get the Crimson Lotusblade?. I can't seem to figure it out.

e: Oh wow I'm dumb, nevermind.

e2: Alright, I'm dumb and I'm stuck again. How do I get through the evil corridor? I can get to the side-room with the Roo, but I have nothing to feed it.

There's a hidden path in one of the earlier rooms. Look for a big symbol on the ground.

• Locked thread