Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nighteyedie
May 30, 2011

Call Now posted:

No, I mean the literal vampire, in the mines :v: I have silver everything, and it would still take me like 20 hits to kill him, if I could actually land a hit on him.

That boss is complete bullshit, almost made me quit the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighteyedie
May 30, 2011
Last time I tried Ys 7 on JPCPS it was fairly buggy but technically playable and probably possible to finish. It's possible to run it at a high resolution but the resolution goes to poo poo as soon as you change screens, which is kind of bizarre. JPCSP does run a lot of games fine and can play them at high resolutions, and the Legend of Heroes games worked pretty well for the few minutes I tested them.

Nighteyedie
May 30, 2011

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

That's what I was talking about. If you could just go up to him and hit him, it might be better, but Yunica flies ten feet in weird directions whenever you press the attack button so that's not really a possibility.

Once you get used to it, moving around while attacking is usually more helpful. You can try just using the whirlwind attack since you can use that and still do whatever you want.

Nighteyedie
May 30, 2011

Marogareh posted:

I've been trying to finish Ys II after a year of putting it down and now after endless backtracking and constantly getting lost in the Solomon shrine I'm finally getting close to the end. This game desperately needs a map or something because I've probably wasted ten hours going back and forth and not knowing where the gently caress to go in that place alone. Game is still awesome though.

There are some maps here: http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/DS/legacy_of_ys_books_i_ii/faqs.html
They were pretty helpful when I played this game.

• Locked thread